Bluelight

Thread: How many Darvocet to get high?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How many Darvocet to get high? 
    Bluelighter
    I have 5 pink oval pills that has the numbers 5114 on it.

Anyway, how many should I take? I'll be ingesting 3200 acetaminophen if I eat all of them at the same time.

2. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Film and Television
    Trip Reports
    Current Events & Politics
    This forum is for drug in the media.

Check out:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=16

To me that sounds like too much tylenol

3. Collapse Details

Drugs in the Media
    "Darkness cannot be dissipated with more darkness. More darkness will make darkness thicker. Only light can dissipate darkness. Violence and hatred cannot be removed with violence and hatred." - Thich Nhat Hanh
    Moved to Basic Drug Discussion.
    (Thanks for reporting this, Bardo5)

4. Collapse Details

Leave Darvocet alone, and due yourself a big favor.

5. Collapse Details

Darvocet sucks (as is stated in the post above), so it's hard to say how many to take to get "high". That sounds like too much acetaminophen, you shouldn't ingest that much at once. It probably wouldn't kill you, but it'd be pretty bad for you.

Also the LD50 for Darvocet is 500 mg I believe.
    Last edited by psychomimetic; 06-04-2010 at 01:30.

6. Collapse Details

None, they suck. lol

7. Collapse Details

Correct me if I'm wrong. But an episode I watched of "Murder in Mind", a British thriller series from a few years ago involves a woman taking a fictitious drug named "Diproxamol" which kills her very quickly. I wiki'd it afterwards out of interest and discovered something called Co-Proxamol which is basically the same thing. I read that it's an incredibly dangerous analgesic and was withdrawn from the UK in 2007 I believe, due to a string of overdoses.

I believe this is what a Darvocet is. I may be wrong but all I can tell you is that it's not a good idea to use it. LD50 is low, recreational value is low. The efficacy as an analgesic was questioned repeatedly too.

I think the only real use it has is for suicide, as I think it's used in some Swiss euthanasia clinics.

8. Collapse Details

^They give you Darvocet after abortions, and.. it is not effective in pain relief.

9. Collapse Details

^That's horrible.

10. Collapse Details

Indeed it is...

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Psychedelic Jay View Post
    Leave Darvocet alone, and due yourself a big favor.
    Agreed ! ! Toss it.

12. Collapse Details

Be careful with that shit, it can be very dangerous. The amount needed to get a decent high off it is very close to the amount needed to OD. I would honestly leave it alone. Perhaps make some extra cash off of it.

13. Collapse Details

I had a swollen left nut a few years back and Darvocet was the only thing that worked (after hydro and oxycodone had failed). I recommend Darvocet to anyone with a painfully-swollen left nut.

14. Collapse Details

darvocet are retarded. take tramadol and some benzos. i hate people saying darvcoet is better for withdrawl than trams. when someone says oh it takes so much tram and i can take 2 darvocets and be good i just shake my head. you cant get high off of darvocet.

15. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    A lot of hate for Darvocet haha, but thanks. I'm going to take one and see if I feel anything. From what I've read, some people actually like Darvocet.

Hopefully 100mg of propoxyphene will make me feel something, but I'm not going over that considering how easy it is apparently to overdose.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by manwithaplan View Post
    A lot of hate for Darvocet haha, but thanks. I'm going to take one and see if I feel anything. From what I've read, some people actually like Darvocet.

Hopefully 100mg of propoxyphene will make me feel something, but I'm not going over that considering how easy it is apparently to overdose.
    Even with no tolerance, good luck feeling anything but a lift in mood from the serotonin effects.

17. Collapse Details

Darvocet makes me feel gross, somewhat like i poisoned myself. I'll take it if I have nothing around and I mean nothing.

18. Collapse Details

You'd be better of smoking BananasAndOranges. Get it?

19. Collapse Details

it get a weak buzz when i take 3, and dont take more than 3 cause of the apap....always feel pretty shitty the next day from them .... so having them is like having no drugs at all

20. Collapse Details

while it's true that propoxyphene napsylate (the active ingredient in Darvocet-N, what you have) is generally regarded as having very little desirability as an opioid to most people, there are a few that actually enjoy them. If you have no tolerance, and very little experience with opiates in general, you may be able to catch a slight buzz from them.

Don't expect too much from 100mg, it is a relatively small dose. It is smart to test the waters with a small dose first though, some people find this drug very unpleasant. Assuming you have no negative reactions, you'll then have a better idea of how much to take next time.

I wouldn't worry too much about having a fatal overdose with the amount you have, as long as you don't combine it with any other CNS depressants. I think the biggest risk you would face is the increased likely hood of having a seizure. Propoxyphene is known to lower the seizure threshold. It should not be taken by epileptics or others who are susceptible to seizures. Also, it should not be taken by those with liver disease. Both propoxyphene, and the acetaminophen it's combined with, are known to be toxic to the liver, especially with high doses or chronic intake.

As for a "recreational" dose for Darvocet-N, I would recommend 300mg for those with average sensitivity to propoxyphene. While this dose may feel too weak, I would not recommend taking more. The effects will not become more recreational with increased dosage, and there is a very fine line between a good amount and an amount that will cause negative (possibly dangerous) side effects.

Personally, I probably wouldn't take Darvocet again. My last encounter with it was quite frightening. I had used it several times before in the 100-300mg range, finding it a mild but pleasant, so I thought I would be okay dropping 500mg at once to get a better buzz. Instead of the mild opioid buzz I was expecting, I was hit with strong nausea, dizziness and anxiety. I actually fainted while in a crowded coffee shop, and my friend who I was with said I had some convulsion like movements while falling to the ground. I recovered shortly though. The realization of what happened gave me a massive adrenaline rush, I popped up from the floor and made a quick exit from the store. I felt the normal Darvocet buzz for the remainder of the experience. It was quite frightening and turned me off from Darvocet thereafter.

be safe, and have fun.

21. Collapse Details

It's more of a toxin than an opiate.

It has very little action on the Mu-opiate receptors, but a more pronounced affect on the heart causing arrhythmia and cardiovascular depression. The cardiac function is not due to the opiate effects but from the local anesthetic action of it and it's metabolite.
    Without the grace of god, you will not survive an overdose. (As many don't, most intend on this.)
    (Naloxone will not stop you from going into cardiac arrest.)

Cigarettes won't work on these by-the way. (Very frustrating.)

So you are safe, just don't go get anymore.

22. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by stirfry View Post
    while it's true that propoxyphene napsylate (the active ingredient in Darvocet-N, what you have) is generally regarded as having very little desirability as an opioid to most people, there are a few that actually enjoy them. If you have no tolerance, and very little experience with opiates in general, you may be able to catch a slight buzz from them.

Don't expect too much from 100mg, it is a relatively small dose. It is smart to test the waters with a small dose first though, some people find this drug very unpleasant. Assuming you have no negative reactions, you'll then have a better idea of how much to take next time.

I wouldn't worry too much about having a fatal overdose with the amount you have, as long as you don't combine it with any other CNS depressants. I think the biggest risk you would face is the increased likely hood of having a seizure. Propoxyphene is known to lower the seizure threshold. It should not be taken by epileptics or others who are susceptible to seizures. Also, it should not be taken by those with liver disease. Both propoxyphene, and the acetaminophen it's combined with, are known to be toxic to the liver, especially with high doses or chronic intake.

As for a "recreational" dose for Darvocet-N, I would recommend 300mg for those with average sensitivity to propoxyphene. While this dose may feel too weak, I would not recommend taking more. The effects will not become more recreational with increased dosage, and there is a very fine line between a good amount and an amount that will cause negative (possibly dangerous) side effects.

Personally, I probably wouldn't take Darvocet again. My last encounter with it was quite frightening. I had used it several times before in the 100-300mg range, finding it a mild but pleasant, so I thought I would be okay dropping 500mg at once to get a better buzz. Instead of the mild opioid buzz I was expecting, I was hit with strong nausea, dizziness and anxiety. I actually fainted while in a crowded coffee shop, and my friend who I was with said I had some convulsion like movements while falling to the ground. I recovered shortly though. The realization of what happened gave me a massive adrenaline rush, I popped up from the floor and made a quick exit from the store. I felt the normal Darvocet buzz for the remainder of the experience. It was quite frightening and turned me off from Darvocet thereafter.

be safe, and have fun.
    Thanks for that really detailed post, and thanks to anyone else who posted. So, I'm taking two but no more to see how it is. Hopefully it doesn't turn my day into shit.

Also, you said not to combine with any CNS depressants, I did take ambien yesterday, does that matter if I were to take it now?

23. Collapse Details

Just take the remaining 4. You're not going to OD on so little, and yea darvocet can make people feel like shit because of its metabolite but if I have some I through them in with other pain pills and can feel it. 5 or 6 darvs and 75mg of hydrocodone I definitely feel the difference

24. Collapse Details

Darvocet is complete trash!!!! You will most likely get a fucking seizure long before you feel any recreational effects

25. Collapse Details
    woowww 
    i dont kno wht kind of darvs you guys take but the 100s i have only take 4 to get me feeling good and i like them better than 7.5 hydros. Most people i kno take 6 to 7.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast