• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Equivalent doses of Ativan, Klonopin, and Valium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me 1mg xanax=2mg klonopin=10mg Valium... clonazepam doesn't do shit for me.... xanax packs the biggest punch of the non-hypnotics, valium is the most relaxing of the non-hypnotics.. IMO / IME

No experience with lorazepam (Ativan), but I find clonazepam kicks the shit out of diazepam. 2mg clonazepam is a lot better than 40mg diazepam - around 50-60mg diazepam will I start noticing any effects, and still they're very subtle. Diazepam is like a jack-of-all-trades, it does a little of everything but not a whole lot of anything. Clonazepam is pretty euphoric for me.

Since others brought in Xanax, I think I'd say something like 0.5mg Alprazolam = 0.7mg Clonazepam = 15mg Diazepam, in terms of how strong I perceive them to be.

What sets benzos apart is their rate of absorption: the quicker they get into the blood stream the quicker they work, AND the quicker they are gone. Their side-effects are different, between one benzo and the next, and for one person and the next. And then, they are unknowns when given to those on the Autism spectrum, since meds always work differently for us folks. Its a toss of the dice to see what the effects will be. Have to try to see whether they are worth the taking. I've never had any "euphoria" from any benzo I have taken. Whoa, didn't know that that was an option. )-: (They are only minimally helpful with my anxiety, and in fact, the new antipsychotic Seroquel has given me the best results overall.) Did you know too that the lower the dose taken to get the desired result the better because any increase beyond that "lowest dose" will begin to give the opposite results? So, less is best, and pushing that only means you lose any beneficial effect sooner.

For me 1mg xanax=2mg klonopin=10mg Valium... clonazepam doesn't do shit for me.... xanax packs the biggest punch of the non-hypnotics, valium is the most relaxing of the non-hypnotics.. IMO / IME
I can agree with that word for word.

Hi WhiteHare, thank you for your contribution and welcome :)

We have a benzo conversion chart in the header at the top of our forum - people are different though and it is never going to be 100% accurate for everyone. Benzos come in different "flavours" too (more anxiolytic, more hypnotic, more euphoric) and durations, and often a lot comes down to individual preference as well.

Closing as old thread (we're now a quick q&a forum, check guidelines and state of BDD sticky at top of forum) - PM me with any queries :)

Status
Not open for further replies.