• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"Yeah well, I'm more enlightened than you." - The psychonaut dicksizing thread!

Hokay, so[1] I thought it was time for a bit of ego-stroking. I realise this is anathema to some (especially in this community), but we all need to do it from time to time - it feels good and by golly I'm going to start a thread.
[1]The link is unrelated.

This is a place where you can post about something you've done, owned, seen or experienced, in order to notify the PD community of your awesomeness.

Ready? Here's my claim to fame:

I have a mate who bought the third-last SIGNED copy of LSD: My Problem Child. There will be no more signed copies, since Dr. Hofmann is no longer with us. I have not only seen the book and laid eyes upon the signature, but have touched the paper. Yes, you read correctly: I have made physical contact with an object that was in turn touched by the first human ever to synthesize LSD. It was a wondrous experience to do this. In my excitement, I *forgot* to take a photo of it, however if I can convince my friend to air the book once more (it's fairly well-preserved for being owned by a guy who would only use household materials to protect it) then I will do just this for proof and post the photo in this thread.

Yes, bask in my reflected glory. %)

So, let me pose the question to the rest of you: What makes you a better psychonaut than the next one? List anything, whether it was that time you smoked DMT from the peak of Everest, or the fact that you've taken over 1024 tabs of acid in your lifetime, or that time you ate those shrooms and nothing changed except for one minor detail. If you choose the latter, do try to make it interesting, however :)

You've touched Hoffmans sheet of paper I've beat him in a dance off what's up. I've eaten so many mushrooms the Mckenna brothers were telling me to watch myself. I mean i've taken more acid then you've dranken water. I got into a heavyweight boxing match with DMT and won. I am the champ my psychedelic dick is always hanging lower than yours.

enlightenment involves ego dissolution. ego-less minds dont have "dicks" to size.
On the flipside, that would mean lack of identity, or a lack of you, and you would amount to a sum of zero. Or, if you believe you are one with everything, even if you somehow reached that parent/root gradient, at that level, you would have nothing to compare to, no point of reference from which you can actually define yourself, and again amount to zero.

...What makes you a better psychonaut than the next one?...

I stopped taking psychedelics several years ago when I had the revelation that I never needed them in the first place and that I do not need them anymore at all. Enlightenment comes from within; not from psychedelics.

lol what an interesting thread. some people are too serious-- if you're enlightened, then lighten up a little :)

the first time i met my shaman, he was convulsing on a dorm bed, fingernails blue-purple-black from all the spores he was covered in. each time we tell the story the amount changes, but i believe he had consumed about a pound of fresh psi. cyanescens that day. unfortunately he's back in rehab again for benzos and opiates, but i'll always think of him as a shaman.

i've accidentally killed, then revived, someone once using the power of hot chocolate.

^ the destruction of ones ego is not just sitting about and abandoning all productive activity.

it is more realizing that this physical body, all the ideaologies and habits & egocentricities, they are not you.

its incredibly hard for me to put it into words as im on a good acid comedown but am i making sense at all?

anyone who would say something similar to the title of this thread in a "dicksizing" way is the furthest possible thing from enlightened.

taking psychedelic drugs does not "make you enlightened," but it opens up a doorway to enlightenment. you must choose to pass through the door.

ive met plentiful ignorant people who consume large amounts of psychedelic drugs over time. ive met extremely enlightened people who have never done drugs in their life.

one of my biggest pet peeves is some nubile twat going off about how enlightened he or she is because he or she has done so many psychedelic drugs. its not a badge. its like calling yourself holy, as you shout to the congregation to exalt you above others for being the largest philanthropist to the collection plate. youre shouting nothing but ignorance, sacrilege, and impiety.

enlightenment involves both sides of the coin. trips dont always have to be heavenly, you must willingly engage in psychedelic experiences far outside of your comfort zone, and experience true and utter hell, before you can begin to understand real ego dissolution. sometimes its far safer to skip the drugs, and learn to meditate under the most cruel and punishing environments, until it makes no difference - storm or serenity - you are the no-mind.

enlightenment involves ego dissolution. ego-less minds dont have "dicks" to size.

What else, if not for your ego, is taking offense to such things? Sure, a certain humbleness should come from meditation, from seeing the world for what it is in every environment, for knowing the changeless amongst the ever-changing, etc. I'll grant you that.
But the ego is simply another tool. The ego is the mask that we all wear, our own character in the play. You can't renounce the ego by pretending it's not there. Instead, you need to flow with it just like you flow with all other energies, beings, environments. Part of flowing with the ego is nurturing it in a healthy way, i.e. "dicksizing"- the point of this thread. Let your ego play in this cosmic playground, let it live, grow and breath. Let it laugh. We may be dicksizing, but you're but-hurt. :)

lol psood0, that's some sweet effort right there :D

if you're enlightened, then lighten up a little :)

The ego is the mask that we all wear, our own character in the play. You can't renounce the ego by pretending it's not there. Instead, you need to flow with it just like you flow with all other energies, beings, environments. Part of flowing with the ego is nurturing it in a healthy way, i.e. "dicksizing"- the point of this thread. Let your ego play in this cosmic playground, let it live, grow and breath. Let it laugh.
The ego is not an "evil" thing to be suppressed, rather, it is just another part of us. Just because it's the one thing that people often confuse for themselves doesn't mean that you need to make it go away. We simply remind people that it's only one aspect rather than the whole. Once this is realised, anyone can coexist happily with their ego - and it is a much more joyous way to live than by suppressing it or denying its existence. (end of SRS BUSINESS)

I have SEEN THE FNORDS!

Were you terrified when you realized how many fnords there are all over the damn place?!

Lol, I have read all 805 pages of the Illuminatus! Triology (including the appendices).

getting all uptight about being "egoless" reminds me of when I first got into meditation, got all preachy about having a clear mind, and then realizing that having a clear mind isn't about being preachy or enlightened, that being enlightened means you don't have to prove anything or preach to anybody

I am so enlightened that I have no need to quote Joe Rogan OR Bill Hicks: they both quote me now.

My tolerance to visuals is so strong I am blind. I no longer divide things into senses; whats the point when I can taste everything I hear, and see myself doing so with my sense of touch?

I am so enlightened that people now wage jihad against anyone that is not me.

I was the guy that set Mose's burning bush on fire.

I dosed Mohhomed and I was the Angel Gabriel.

I buried the fucking mormon book in that dudes front yard.

Jesus asked me if he could borrow some of my lines for his "gospel-routine".

I don't even use drugs. I use "shamanic substances only known to three people in the world, with those three being ME myself and I".

Last year I got the message AND I hung up the phone. No more pretty patterns, trails, or anthropomorphic furniture/lawn ornaments for me!

I don't really buy into this thread, however I've lived with trolls & learned their ways intimately.

Would you burn your signed page ? I wouldn't recommend burning a book tho - but a signature ? yeah why not - or would you consider it sacriligeous ?

The message is not written

I would destroy the book just to free myself from the burden of ensuring it stays intact. Otherwise, if something happened to the book accidentally I would feel bad.

I would destroy the book just to free myself from the burden of ensuring it stays intact. Otherwise, if something happened to the book accidentally I would feel bad.

Lol that's a good philosophy, I'm gonna go scratch the shit outta my ipod :D

It's the Radical Act! Zizek (the psychoanalyst I'm always going on about) uses the example of Keyser Soze from The Usual Suspects shooting his own family: by striking at himself in a sense, and willfully surrendering the object of egoic attachment through which his enemies were blackmailing him / holding him in check, he is able to entirely change the logic of the situation in his favor and defeat his foes. He uses this as a metaphor for the way capitalism 'hold us hostage' by becoming the very foundation of our identity through control over culture; in order to have a true revolutionary break from society, we must first 'strike at ourselves' by renouncing the comfortable identity position(s) the system provides for us. Think of the radical movements of the 50's and 60's that produced the beats and the hippies transforming into hipster subculture - the clothes, the music, all the cultural trappings remained as expressions of some subversive/'counter-cultural' identity position, but what started as a social movement opposed to capitalism is not just a cultural clique defined by the set of commodities it consumes.

That became quite a tangent, as always. Anyway, you remind me of Keyser Soze - when there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire (self-immolation as political protest is another example Zizek likes to talk about... But that's not saying much, the man enjoys proverbially hearing himself talk almost as much as I do ; ).

Oh, and back on topic... I'm a better psychonaut than the rest of you because I can prattle on about the convergence of any random topic and abstract Lacanian psychoanalytic theory for pages and pages :p

@solistus.
Zizek = <3 The idea of "strike at ourselves" makes a bit of sense, if one is critiquing individuals in the dominant power position on the socio-cultural grid, but out of curiosity, how does that apply to minorities such as gays, SE. Asians, or women? one could say marginalized groups are hyper-aware/paranoid about identity politics and semiotic subjugation by the dominant power politic isn't as easy to throw off as the shackles of identity that we give ourselves maybe.

+++I would take the problem of appropriation of counter-culture into the capitalist machine in western culture back even further, to the early 20th century, with Dada. As soon as Dada became an accepted and enjoyed [anti-]art movement it died and mutated into Surrealism. Surrealism and Dada were movements predominately within the art world, which not only produces commodities as it's form of capital, but also has it's own deals to cut as a part of the creative sector within the larger economic machine. The culture jamming tactics of the Dada cats, and of contemporary jammers and hackers (ie. Anonymous) , is a great way to usurp capitalism, but any fixed identity position, or even use of novel or nonsensical words for naming that are open to interpretation, immediately becomes a form of advertisement inciting commodity fetishism.

Also, I don't really trace a lineage of the Hipsters to the beats, hipsters are way less literary and tend to sample ideas/fashion across a dingy array of contemporary subcultures, but nothing too interesting and nothing too in depth. There is nothing revolutionary/subversive-anticapitalist about hipsters; rather, they are hyper-consumers of generic trans-cultural media.

Last edited:
I'm more enlightened because I can produce lsd-like visuals without being on LSD as long as it is dark.

(^ I'm serious too >_> )

I'm more enlightened than you cos I just put the lights on.