• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sick after smoking cigarettes

darkz

Bluelighter
sometimes when I smoke cigarettes I get violently sick...its strange. don't get me wrong, i love having a cig once in a while but sometimes after getting the rush and buzz i feel really nautious and even end up puking. is there a reason for this? this only happens once in a while but i end up feeling nautious for an hour after...

i was thinking either i sometimes smoke cigarettes too quickly, or i am not sufficiently hydrated? any ideas? thanks

Last edited:
Are you sure you are inhaling and not swallowing the smoke? Breath in and puff your chest out, do the same when you smoke. Are you on any kind of anti depressants or other medications? If not, a large nicotine rush when I had a low nic tolerance has made me ill before, i've never thrown up from just a cig, but when I was younger chain smoking when i had no tolerance would make me dizzy and light headed.

it happens to some people if you dont smoke often. your body just needs to get used to it. the first few times i smoked I always felt super nauseous but it will go away when you get used to it if you start regularly smoking

You could be allergic or hypersensitive to one or more of the ingredients in the smoke. A buddy of mine has exactly the same reactions as you're describing except he also starts sweating profusely.

I've been smoking cigarettes for years and I usually have about 2 or 3 a day but I sometimes go weeks without them. Mostly I am fine, but sometimes I get these feelings. It's not every cigarette though.

I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes when I smoke while I'm high on OxyContin (Oxycodone), I'll have a bad trip where I'll feel extremely nauseous and start to sweat like a pig for about 20-30min and then I'll be fine. And I've been smoking for about 10 years myself but very sporadically. Sometimes I go weeks without toughing a cigarette. Other times I've smoked 2 packs a day (usually at raves).

its probably because cigarettes are bad for you haha
;)

when i used to smoke occassionally, i had a smoke after i tripped one time
i started to feel really sick and ended up puking, it had never happened before
it could be the type of smoke you're smoking, nausea could definitely increase with nicotine content
or are these all the same type of smokes?

i dont touch em these days, i'd rather slowly die without having to pay for it
but each to their own
:)

...yes i know other drugs are also killing me slowly haha
but at least i get high off those, cigarettes have never given me more than 'headspins' when i was drunk

sometimes when I smoke cigarettes I get violently sick...its strange. don't get me wrong, i love having a cig once in a while but sometimes after getting the rush and buzz i feel really nautious and even end up puking. is there a reason for this? this only happens once in a while but i end up feeling nautious for an hour after...

i was thinking either i sometimes smoke cigarettes too quickly, or i am not sufficiently hydrated? any ideas? thanks
I like to do full drags hehe. Drinking water helps a bit sometimes... I get thirsty and I looooove the taste of water and smoke. If you feel bad after an hour... might wanna smoke some weed to make it go away. :)
By the way if you smoke menthols and then weed you get higher.

its probably because cigarettes are bad for you haha
;)

Although I believe you were jesting. The dangers of cigarettes I thought were largely down to the additional chemicals in tobacco rather than Nicotine.

I believe Nicotine itself actually quite safe although it's hardly very fun.

Although I believe you were jesting. The dangers of cigarettes I thought were largely down to the additional chemicals in tobacco rather than Nicotine.

I believe Nicotine itself actually quite safe although it's hardly very fun.

On a milligram per milligram basis, Nicotine is more toxic to your heart than Cocaine, so no, it's not really that safe at all. Only reason you don't see people dropping dead from Nicotine as you would from Cocaine is that smoking one cigarette will yield about 1.5-2.5mg of Nicotine.

I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes when I smoke while I'm high on OxyContin (Oxycodone), I'll have a bad trip where I'll feel extremely nauseous and start to sweat like a pig for about 20-30min and then I'll be fine. And I've been smoking for about 10 years myself but very sporadically. Sometimes I go weeks without toughing a cigarette. Other times I've smoked 2 packs a day (usually at raves).

I would think its because cigarettes are a stimulant. I almost always have bad reactions when taking a stimulant after an opiate. IE cigarettes(I almost always can only smoke half my cig after doing dope), ritalin, cocaine, etc. Of course, ingesting anything after taking opiates can cause nausea. IE liquids, food, pills, etc.

By the way if you smoke menthols and then weed you get higher.

Is that from personal experience? I enjoy a menthol here and there, but I prefer regulars. If that is a fact, I will have to start smoking menthols before I smoke my bud haha.

I would think its because cigarettes are a stimulant. I almost always have bad reactions when taking a stimulant after an opiate. IE cigarettes(I almost always can only smoke half my cig after doing dope), ritalin, cocaine, etc. Of course, ingesting anything after taking opiates can cause nausea. IE liquids, food, pills, etc..

You may be correct.

By any chance, when this happens, are you smoking a different brand then usual? Stronger perhaps?

I'm a Marlboro Red Man myself, though I just got some Lucky Strikes from Thailand... a bad mix with the diazepam I got from there as well! :eek:

Be careful. There's a fine line between "getting used to it" and "getting hooked on it".