Bluelight

Thread: Sick after smoking cigarettes

1. Collapse Details
    Sick after smoking cigarettes 
    sometimes when I smoke cigarettes I get violently sick...its strange. don't get me wrong, i love having a cig once in a while but sometimes after getting the rush and buzz i feel really nautious and even end up puking. is there a reason for this? this only happens once in a while but i end up feeling nautious for an hour after...

i was thinking either i sometimes smoke cigarettes too quickly, or i am not sufficiently hydrated? any ideas? thanks
    Last edited by darkz; 03-04-2010 at 10:57.

2. Collapse Details

Homeless -> BDD

3. Collapse Details

Are you sure you are inhaling and not swallowing the smoke? Breath in and puff your chest out, do the same when you smoke. Are you on any kind of anti depressants or other medications? If not, a large nicotine rush when I had a low nic tolerance has made me ill before, i've never thrown up from just a cig, but when I was younger chain smoking when i had no tolerance would make me dizzy and light headed.

4. Collapse Details

it happens to some people if you dont smoke often. your body just needs to get used to it. the first few times i smoked I always felt super nauseous but it will go away when you get used to it if you start regularly smoking

5. Collapse Details

Aiding my comrades in mythbusting prohibitionist propaganda - one cliche at a time.
    You could be allergic or hypersensitive to one or more of the ingredients in the smoke. A buddy of mine has exactly the same reactions as you're describing except he also starts sweating profusely.

6. Collapse Details

I've been smoking cigarettes for years and I usually have about 2 or 3 a day but I sometimes go weeks without them. Mostly I am fine, but sometimes I get these feelings. It's not every cigarette though.

7. Collapse Details

Aiding my comrades in mythbusting prohibitionist propaganda - one cliche at a time.
    I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes when I smoke while I'm high on OxyContin (Oxycodone), I'll have a bad trip where I'll feel extremely nauseous and start to sweat like a pig for about 20-30min and then I'll be fine. And I've been smoking for about 10 years myself but very sporadically. Sometimes I go weeks without toughing a cigarette. Other times I've smoked 2 packs a day (usually at raves).

8. Collapse Details

its probably because cigarettes are bad for you haha

when i used to smoke occassionally, i had a smoke after i tripped one time
    i started to feel really sick and ended up puking, it had never happened before
    it could be the type of smoke you're smoking, nausea could definitely increase with nicotine content
    or are these all the same type of smokes?

i dont touch em these days, i'd rather slowly die without having to pay for it
    but each to their own

...yes i know other drugs are also killing me slowly haha
    but at least i get high off those, cigarettes have never given me more than 'headspins' when i was drunk

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by darkz View Post
    sometimes when I smoke cigarettes I get violently sick...its strange. don't get me wrong, i love having a cig once in a while but sometimes after getting the rush and buzz i feel really nautious and even end up puking. is there a reason for this? this only happens once in a while but i end up feeling nautious for an hour after...

i was thinking either i sometimes smoke cigarettes too quickly, or i am not sufficiently hydrated? any ideas? thanks
    I like to do full drags hehe. Drinking water helps a bit sometimes... I get thirsty and I looooove the taste of water and smoke. If you feel bad after an hour... might wanna smoke some weed to make it go away.
    By the way if you smoke menthols and then weed you get higher.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Hugs & Drugs View Post
    its probably because cigarettes are bad for you haha

Although I believe you were jesting. The dangers of cigarettes I thought were largely down to the additional chemicals in tobacco rather than Nicotine.

I believe Nicotine itself actually quite safe although it's hardly very fun.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHawk View Post
    Although I believe you were jesting. The dangers of cigarettes I thought were largely down to the additional chemicals in tobacco rather than Nicotine.

I believe Nicotine itself actually quite safe although it's hardly very fun.
    On a milligram per milligram basis, Nicotine is more toxic to your heart than Cocaine, so no, it's not really that safe at all. Only reason you don't see people dropping dead from Nicotine as you would from Cocaine is that smoking one cigarette will yield about 1.5-2.5mg of Nicotine.

12. Collapse Details

Nicotine is a calming, hyping, nauseating drug.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ro4eva View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes when I smoke while I'm high on OxyContin (Oxycodone), I'll have a bad trip where I'll feel extremely nauseous and start to sweat like a pig for about 20-30min and then I'll be fine. And I've been smoking for about 10 years myself but very sporadically. Sometimes I go weeks without toughing a cigarette. Other times I've smoked 2 packs a day (usually at raves).
    I would think its because cigarettes are a stimulant. I almost always have bad reactions when taking a stimulant after an opiate. IE cigarettes(I almost always can only smoke half my cig after doing dope), ritalin, cocaine, etc. Of course, ingesting anything after taking opiates can cause nausea. IE liquids, food, pills, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Depressicaa View Post
    By the way if you smoke menthols and then weed you get higher.
    Is that from personal experience? I enjoy a menthol here and there, but I prefer regulars. If that is a fact, I will have to start smoking menthols before I smoke my bud haha.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by themdyaunome View Post
    I would think its because cigarettes are a stimulant. I almost always have bad reactions when taking a stimulant after an opiate. IE cigarettes(I almost always can only smoke half my cig after doing dope), ritalin, cocaine, etc. Of course, ingesting anything after taking opiates can cause nausea. IE liquids, food, pills, etc..
    You may be correct.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by darkz View Post

By any chance, when this happens, are you smoking a different brand then usual? Stronger perhaps?

I'm a Marlboro Red Man myself, though I just got some Lucky Strikes from Thailand... a bad mix with the diazepam I got from there as well!

16. Collapse Details

Be careful. There's a fine line between "getting used to it" and "getting hooked on it".

17. Collapse Details

^ Amen to that brother.