• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

tramadol and hydroxyzine

turbonegro

Greenlighter
i know hydroxyzine potentiates opiates but i also know tramadol isnt a "true" opiate so i was wondering if the potentiation would apply to them as well

thanks for any help

hydroxyzine isn't strong in that sence and 250mg of Tramadol isn't a large dose so maybe start with 50mg hydroxyzine.
I dont know which strength of hydroxyzine pills you have, i have the 25mg ones.
It will not potentiate like bensos do cause alone hydroxyzine is quite weak.

i have the 25mg ones and havent taken any tramadol in at least 2 weeks, and i eat at least 1 grapefruit everyday (i love them lol) but am on my 3rd right now. i know the bioavailability increases with eah dose and have quite a bit of experience with them, im simply trying to add all i can to the experience because 250 mgs usually gets me feelin pretty good just not quite where i want to be and im runnin a little low right now

thanks for the help tho =D i think i can figure it out from here

when i'm potentiating opiates with ydroxyzine i usually take 200-300mg... any more and you get a stomache ache... but at those doses it potentiates well... but start at 100mg and see how that does it for you

remember to take your ydroxyzine half an hour before the opiate in question...

ok something interesting has happened. i took 50 mg tramadol to start with and was actually feeling a little something. sometime later i took another 50 and took 300 mg hydroxyzine. took one more tramadol a little later and just took my last 2. i can no longer feel the usual "head" high from it and i have no tolerance anymore

im kinda pissed im basicly sober right now and have no idea why. i dont even feel the little bit from the first one. it happened suddenly

also i dont know if this matters but i chew my tramadol as i do with all pills, and i emptied the hydroxyzine capsules when i took em

Instead of re-dosing periodically with the Tramadol, you would have gotten a better "buzz" had you taken the hydroxyzine, then 40 minutes later took all of the Tramadol at once, for maximum efficiency.

Sorry to bump this thread but it is my belief that it is important to mention the following. Hydroxyzine (Atarax) will knock almost anyone out at a small dose of 50mgs if the user doesn't have a tolerance. I myself use this medication to knock myself out and when used every other day it works effectively.

I am mentioning this as I was searching for tramadol threads and found this advice. Anyone without a tolerance to hydroxyzine who reads this will simply fall asleep. Tolerance does raise raplidly, in the order of twice the amount needed for every using day that goes by. Those saying to start with 50-100 mgs are those who have built tolerance and can use these amounts without experiencing extreme somnolence.

Take care.

I was prescribed Atarax/hydroxine for insomnia a few months back. 50 mgs didn't touch it, 100mgs was barely noticeable. I beleve it acts on the same gabba receptors. The Dr that prescribed it to me said it as a great anxiety med and when he worked the Er late nights when someone got out hand he'd stick them with hydrox. I find that kinda hard to believe though, I'm sure a shot lorazepam would be the first go to drug if someone happens to go ape shit.
Tramadol is weaker than aspirin IMHO. Apprarently I'm lucky I don't posses the proper enyzme to break it down properly. From what I have read it sounds like taking codienew/an ssri. With the wicked wds that come with it, umm yeah. I'd be dead if I could go online and buy my drug of choice.

I was prescribed Atarax/hydroxine for insomnia a few months back. 50 mgs didn't touch it, 100mgs was barely noticeable. I beleve it acts on the same gabba receptors. The Dr that prescribed it to me said it as a great anxiety med and when he worked the Er late nights when someone got out hand he'd stick them with hydrox. I find that kinda hard to believe though, I'm sure a shot lorazepam would be the first go to drug if someone happens to go ape shit.
Tramadol is weaker than aspirin IMHO. Apprarently I'm lucky I don't posses the proper enyzme to break it down properly. From what I have read it sounds like taking codienew/an ssri. With the wicked wds that come with it, umm yeah. I'd be dead if I could go online and buy my drug of choice.

You could not be more wrong.

Atarax does not involve the GABA system at all.

Tramadol is not weaker than aspirin.

Hydroxyzine is a good medication for those with mild insomnia and has an effect similar to dyphenhydramine. If you are experiencing hardcore insomnia, hydroxyzine will not be of use. Doctors love to hand out precription of it because it works for transient or mild insomnia and does not have the abuse potential of benzos.

You could not be more wrong.
I can always be more wrong.

Atarax does not involve the GABA system at all.
That could very well be, I may have be thinking same part of the brain, the part that effects sedation kinda like benzos do at certain doses. I am going to track down the benzo detox site that gave me the wrong information
Tramadol is not weaker than aspirin.
For me, yes it is. Unless you were me how would you know that regardless of how many I would take, they did nothing? I think you'll find a lot of people do not feel anything when taking trams. Consider yourself lucky if you enjoy them.

Hydroxyzine is a good medication for those with mild insomnia and has an effect similar to dyphenhydramine. If you are experiencing hardcore insomnia, hydroxyzine will not be of use. Doctors love to hand out precription of it because it works for transient or mild insomnia and does not have the abuse potential of benzos.

Yep, your spot on. In fact, the Dr's exact words I'm going to load you up with plenty of refills as there is no risk of dependence.

I've got a tolerence to hydroxyzien and I've been using only 25mg per 50mg tramadol. Took 75mg hydroxyzien with 150mg tramadol 2 days ago and I've been delirious since. Been bouncing from stimulation to nausia to delirium. Can't sleep and itching like fuck.

Yeah tramadol is more a head buzz for me especially with 150mg of hydroxadine/green pills 30mins before because I have a very quick metabolism
It will work well together just try add a little benzodiazepine in the mix if you can, I only get 5mg diazepam with my atarax 25mg and on tramadol with stab wounds to the leg but all in all great mix

This is one of my favorite mixes, almost better than oxy, almost. But i always took 1 25 mgs with my 200 mgs of tram but 50 would probably be more fun. Also u said u took trams and waited to take more? Just take all 4 of the tramidol and hydroxine with it for a fun night. I personally love how the hydroxine increases my nods.

Dude I had no idea hydroxizine potentials opiates. That's crazy, I have a whole bottle of that stuff. Thanks for the thread and info peeps. ✌??

I had no idea either. Have a whole bottle as well. Hopefully this will make my Tramadol last longer ?

I don't have tramadol but I'm about to dose my Dilaudid in 45 min. I have 25mg hydroxizine and usually don't like taking more than 50 cause it makes me sleepy but what would be a good dose to potentiate my Dilaudid. 100mg?

I don't have tramadol but I'm about to dose my Dilaudid in 45 min. I have 25mg hydroxizine and usually don't like taking more than 50 cause it makes me sleepy but what would be a good dose to potentiate my Dilaudid. 100mg?
100 mg might make u feel the hydroxine too much and ull feel weird from the hypnotic effects i personally wouldnt go over 50