Bluelight

Thread: Cheratussin AC without rx

1. Collapse Details
    Cheratussin AC without rx 
    I know you can buy Cheratussin AC behind the pharmacy counter with ID and by signing the book since it is a Schedule V controlled drug... I live in Ohio. Does anyone know what other controlled items might be available behind that counter

2. Collapse Details

That stuff is really really really terrible. You will wake up the next morning with a chest pain from hell. Feels like someone punched you really really hard in the heart. Dont abuse that stuff.

3. Collapse Details

Thanks... I don't - It's gross. I just was curious what else was out there available without a script...

4. Collapse Details

Pseudoephedrine is behind there in the form of sudafed. Cook up some meth!

5. Collapse Details

I've worked in pharmacies before, and no pharmacist I asked was clear on the issue of OTC sales of CV or uncontrolled Rx drugs. Some had heard of selling/buying CV Codeine syrups using a log book, but none had ever done it or knew how.

Here is a list of CV substances according to the Federal CSA:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...le_V_drugs_(US)

Each individual state has their own specific CSA as well, where they add additional drugs (i.e. in certain states Carisoprodol is a scheduled drug, etc).

6. Collapse Details

Lyrica, Soma I believe or meprobamate, pyrovalerone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...le_V_drugs_(US)

7. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    The way this works is you can only buy 120ml every 2 to 4 days can't remember specifically and the pharmacist has the option to tell you no so it's a discretionary issue really. You're going to be hard pressed to find a pharmacy that stocks those 120ml bottles since they can't break a larger one and I'm pretty sure that means no chains. I've worked for several chain pharmacies over the years and we pretty much just laugh whenever any one asks. Not trying to source but has anyone had any luck with buying cheratussin OTC ( and what state you're in)?

8. Collapse Details

IME they never gave me any hassle about getting the 120ml bottles. They have a huge bottle and simply fill the smaller ones for sale. That's the point...bigger pharmacies won't sell it to you, it's usually non-chain/small town pharmacies

9. Collapse Details

You can buy 4oz of Cheratussin in Ohio every 48 hours by signing a log book and showing your ID. I know you can as well in a few other states, but not sure which ones...

10. Collapse Details

I have noticed if you do go every 48 hours though the pharmacist will be way more likely to tell you no as there's no need for codeine cough syrup constantly unless you're using it to get high/stave withdrawals

11. Collapse Details

Haven't tried. Just know that's the law here...

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by di.ACE.tyl.rob View Post
    Pseudoephedrine is behind there in the form of sudafed. Cook up some meth!
    *gigglesnort* hahahahahaha

13. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    I know Virginia is one of the states with an "exempt narcotics law", at least if I remember correctly, that's what Virginia calls it, in addition to putting it under Schedule V. I've asked around the major chain pharmacies (CVS, Rite Aid, etc) and most of the people working there know that its "scheduled" but think that automatically means you have to have a prescription to get it.

The mom-and-pop pharmacies around here do it, though. Most of them they have to "know you" or at least have your name in their records. Ask for "highest powered cough syrup" and they point you towards the NyQuil

That being said, the stuff is pretty worthless anyway, all the other stuff in the syrup will mess with your stomach pretty badly at the dosages needed to get any usable amount of codeine into your system.

My vote, go to the doctor and get a prescription....for Tussionex.

14. Collapse Details

i can get cheratssin AC in ohio. i only try when i have a cold, as even then i sometimes get told "we're out of stock." only small pharmacies; anything like krogers, cvs, walgreens, is out. I doubt you could get any pharmacy to sell you other sched. V drugs, as the syrup is bottled for that kind of sale and things like tramadol are not. plus, if you have opioid-requiring pain, you should see a doc and pharmacists know that.

and it never causes me chest pains?

sure it can cause a moment of stomach discomfort if i drink half the bottle or more in one dose, but nothing significant. and codeine is better in small doses anyways. i'm opiate tolerance free though. and still, it is nothing like a handful of vicoden, an oc, or an opana. just a minor day brightener.

15. Collapse Details

I get it all the time here in North Carolina, and the only thing it has is Guaifenesen and codeine, I've never gotten chest pains from it, so I don't know what dude is talking about. I've gotten it at least 12 times in the last 6 months. they have the bottles stocked already. they don't have to fill it. it costs like 10 bucks and has a total of 240 mg of codeine per bottle. just go in ask for it, and hand them your id., they do a "consult" basically let you know not to drive on it. then sell it to you.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bpayne View Post
    I get it all the time here in North Carolina, and the only thing it has is Guaifenesen and codeine, I've never gotten chest pains from it, so I don't know what dude is talking about. I've gotten it at least 12 times in the last 6 months. they have the bottles stocked already. they don't have to fill it. it costs like 10 bucks and has a total of 240 mg of codeine per bottle. just go in ask for it, and hand them your id., they do a "consult" basically let you know not to drive on it. then sell it to you.
    look up what gualifenesen(whatever) does. got a really bad cheat pain when I thought this would be OK to abuse because I was desperate. It doesnt just have that in it I thought there was also something else in the mix? that much codeine isnt even worth the effects of the drug and the gual over use.

maybe it was just me. I use valium (have to) everyday so that could have been why. I also used another chemical so im sorry for giving false information but that stuff still isnt good to ingest large amounts

17. Collapse Details

^there is nothing but guaf and codeine in there. i think habitual ingestion of large amounts of guaf can lead to kidney problems, and as far as acute effects go it can create nausea in high doses.

but this:
    Quote Originally Posted by BananasAndOranges View Post
    that stuff still isnt good to ingest large amounts
    whether true or not, is a vague, unsupported, and therefore meaningless statement.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by hydroazuanacaine View Post
    ^there is nothing but guaf and codeine in there. i think habitual ingestion of large amounts of guaf can lead to kidney problems, and as far as acute effects go it can create nausea in high doses.

but this:

whether true or not, is a vague, unsupported, and therefore meaningless statement.
    I was just pointing out my experience with it, im not a doctor, I just know it hurt my chest real bad. correct me mr smarty pants lol

19. Collapse Details

na, you were also making an unsupported, universal statement about it. i just wanted to point out you were just saying things, because members repeat stupid stuff all the time on bluelight. all these people need to see is one other member post something, and it becomes fact in their head. interesting that it makes you chest hurt though.

20. Collapse Details

yeah guaf is an expecorant it makes fluids in your chest thinner so you can cough them up, I've NEVER had nausea or any other problem when taking it.

21. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Everybody's different, I've had problems with nausea from lots of guaf, but it does work wonders for getting crap out of your chest when you're sick...

22. Collapse Details

I just got a script for this same stuff today. I may try to catch a buzz off of it tonight. I am fresh out of hydrocodone so it's worth a shot. I do have some methadone left over from a few weeks ago but I really don't care for it. I wish I knew someone that sold opiates around here. All that I can get is weed and methadone.

23. Collapse Details

yeah I've gotten it many many times. and dose about half the bottle each time. and Never had a slightest hint of nausea or stomach upset. nor any chest pain. matter of fact I force myself to cough more while I'm on it and drink lots of water and it gets out quite a bit of phlegm which is a good thing I've never had a bad reaction from this expectorant/ cough suppressant,. and with a 180mg dose of codiene I feel quite good for about an hour