Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Mephedrone Thread (4-mmc) version HR+ 2.0

Sykik

Bluelight Crew
The Mephedrone Thread v2.0 - The Harm Reduction Version

THE REASON FOR V2.0 said:
The First thread has reached 1000 posts! That is reason enough. However There is a lot of great information about the drug there, so click here for the info.

The first thread did get a bit off track some times, so let's try to keep this one a little more focused!

This second thread is aimed less as a new emerging drug information thread, but more of an ongoing harm reduction discussion about 4mmc. There has been some recent attention about this drug in different forms of media, and this thread should be about the truths about mephedrone, and ways people should be consuming it, and the risks associated with it.

Some Usefull Quotes From the First Thread to Start Things Off​

Note If you would like something else quoted in this list please just shoot me a PM with the quote in there and I will be happy to oblige.

====================

Firstly,

Some great links:
200px-4-Methylmethcathinone.svg.png

This drug is becoming more and more popular, but because it is a new drug, there is not much research out there relating to it. This thread's purpose is to highlight some of the potential risks associated with it. The main risk I have found so far is a risk of the metabolites causing vascular problems, see links for details.

This drug is alot of fun, shameless link to my own tripreport, but I word caution to using it too much, or too often before more evidence about toxicity is available. For those too lazy to read the ADD about Meph here's a very incomplete and shortened and possibly misleading summary of some peoples intellectual opinions

My opinion about this drug is that it is very fun, but could be abused, as it very morish, MDxx-ish, and very clean feeling. Also, i think the street name for this drug is known as meph, and it not to be confused with bk-pmaa, methylone, even though they have a very similar molecular make up.

All differ structurally only by the ring substitution.
Pharmacologically, each are very different beasts though. To keep the nomenclature simple;

mephedrone or 4-MMC = 1-(4-methylphenyl)-2-(methylamino)propan-1-one

bk-pmma or methedrone= 1-(4-methoxyphenyl)-2-(methylamino)propan-1-one

methylone = 1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)2-(methylamino)propan-1-one

Replying to question about railing it (snorting it)

It feels much worse on the body and is more fiendish. Its the same with anything, snorting = hits faster, initial buzz is harder, wears off quicker, and worse comedown. bombing = slower onset, longer more consistant buzz, and smoother comedown..! Far less jittery bombing the stuff. I've bought about 150g of the crystally batch of mephedrone now here in Scotland. Its a decent enough drug if you cant get MDMA. Better than speed or the crap repress coke alot of people do. Its better than coke for me cause you get properly smashed like an MDMA head on, only it doesnt last long enough. Its good though, as you come up after each bomb where MDMA redosing is ineffective after a while. Theres not much of a comedown either!

It is still a reseach chemical though. Im not planning doing it again, boared of the same thing. This stuff is also fiendish as hell and feels quite toxic on the body to me! There are also much better drugs out there :\

I had lots of fun with this stuff at first (Neo*******) but never over-did it by common standards.

Even still, sleeping was very difficult afterwards, and sleeping problems persisted until a couple of months after I stopped completely. Comedown paranoia was as bad or worse than speed, I even had a few panic attacks despite never experiencing them before. I also found that comedowns got worse with every dose over time, even with a break. There was also a marked increase in heart rate for a day or two afterwards which was unpleasant.

As far as I am concerned this stuff makes clean MDMA seem not only infinitely better, but much easier to regulate and process in the medium to long term.

I encourage younger "invincible" users especially to take note of the many negative reactions to this substance, not just how much fun it can be.

I have experiemnted with countless substances for over 15 years and this is the least researched and most questionable so far. I regret trying it, and would love to confront Mr S***g in Israel over his unethical and highly profitable experiment on "lab rats" such as myself. I should have known better....

It's interesting to note that the whole "legal" highs scene has been turned upside down worldwide because of this and a few substances like it. It's ironic that well known illegals such as MDMA appear to be much safer than half of the recent potent "legals" that have appeared for the sake of profit and directly as a result of prohibition. Be careful.

^The cardiovascular issues seem to manifest as blueish/purple patches on the skin, most notably the knees (from what the only person i know who's had these issues says).

mephedrone is illegal under the federal analogues act as an analogue of methcathinone, and after recent busts, im pretty sure it will be scheduled directly by this time next year.

How Mephedrone Tests with reagent testers

From Tests conducted in a Forensic Lab with freshly prepared Marquis reagent, pure 4-MMC produced a pale pink colour (similar to that produced with cocaine), and a mixture of 4-MMC, phathimidopropiophenone, caffeine and N-ethylcathinone (Neorganics SC and neodove) produced a pale orange. All colour changes should occur within 1 minute or so.

Also another reaction with testers

p_d i think i've cited this before, but with my tests with a marquis reagent <6 months old - methylone gave a greenish reaction and 4mmc an orangey/yellow colour.

From ingestion, both of the substances appeared to be as they should effect wise. So i would speculate that adulterants/impurities would cause these slight differences in reaction with the marquis reagent. I would note that i find pink and orange to be two very different colours - and i know your sample of 4-mmc was definately pure based on evidence you've provided me in the past.

I urge anyone to please test these substances and take photos + upload them for the site for relative comparison as it would make for good discussion.

That quote list is no way complete, i just read the first couple of pages and clicked on about 10/30 of the rest at random. Now get too it.

Last edited:
Nice work Sykik.. that makes up a fairly decent range of information about the substance.

Nice work Sykik.. that makes up a fairly decent range of information about the substance.

Seconded. Good choices of posts.

Can I ask the reason for closing threads when they get large, is there a forum performance reason or something else?

Had a fair bit of this on the weekend,

Godamn it is addictive if you are snorting it....
You don't even realize. If there is any left and you have comedown from the last line, it doesn't even make sense to NOT have it.

2 days later and I now feel typical MDMA comedown type feelings, but with much worse anxiety...(Something I haven't felt in months). Arrrrrrrrrr

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm stay away lol

I don't know that there's as much meph as they'd have you believe in Melbourne these days. I do know it was pretty prominent 8-3 months ago. I think most peeps managed to chew through it all while it was around... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
^ mmm, I dunno about that, I can get mephedrone easily from three different sources right now. Probably 6 if I bothered to ask 3 other people I know too but have no need. So maybe I've just been in a spot where I happen to know people who all get 4-mmc or that shit is still everywhere lol.

Im actually yet to come across it sadly...but then again i don't frollic with the same crew i used to.

AUstralian - Britain to Ban Mephedrone

Party drug mephedrone will be banned in Britain within a month, the government has announced, after a string of deaths were linked to "meow-meow".
Home Secretary Alan Johnson said mephedrone - currently freely available to buy on the internet and in shops selling legal highs - would join amphetamines and cannabis as an outlawed class B drug, the second most dangerous kind.

The drug, also nicknamed Plant Food, has been linked to up to 25 deaths in England and Scotland since its popularity reportedly snowballed at music festivals in the middle of last year.

Its effects are similar to ecstasy and can include increased heart rate, anxiety and a sense of euphoria.

"The government is determined to crack down on these so-called legal highs and we must all play a part in ensuring children and young people know about their dangers," Johnson said, announcing the ban.
The move came after the government's Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) issued it with a report backing a ban on mephedrone and despite the resignation of a council member, Dr Polly Taylor.

She quit in a row over how the government uses the council's advice which has already seen six other of its members resign.

AFP

Here

I read that it was not only 4-MMC that was being banned but other cathinones as well, which would include methylone, I would have thought.

Can anyone shed any light on this? There is so much info out there atm that it is hard to find answers to more specific questions like this.

I read that it was not only 4-MMC that was being banned but other cathinones as well, which would include methylone, I would have thought.

Can anyone shed any light on this? There is so much info out there atm that it is hard to find answers to more specific questions like this.

I'm pretty sure methylone is illegal in some EU countries already. iirc this was cited as cause for considering it a dangerous drug when authorities in NZ set out to prevent Stargate's "Ease" from being listed Class D.

It's very likely other cathinones will be included in the British legislation, because, as novel ones continue to pop up, they are noted by organisations interested in monitoring these drugs e.g. psychonaut web mapping project. What's also undoubtedly realised by these groups, is that some amphetamine analogues/homologues that were found to be found inactive at reasonable dosages are far more active when the carbonyl moiety is present e.g. pentylone (from methyl k). As the number of yet to be marketed cathinones is likely rather large, I'd say authorities will be anxious to prevent as many as possible.

Aside from issues affecting users, as a past chemist you will understand how these, often knee jerk responses can lead to legitimate work being compromised due to new scheduling which inadvertently or otherwise captures a compound as it's being researched.

Hey guys, just wondering, a few of my friends have been saying that I've been really forgetful lately. I've been noticing it to, not so much as far as my studies are concerned. But just in general when I'm talking to friends I mix up the order of things that happened.

Not overly concerned, but this is very unusual for me. And the only new thing I've done in the last few months is Meph. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed slight short term memory loss?

It is definitely a side effect, would cut down the usage if things like that are happening, might be a coincidence but you are better safe than sorry.

drug legislation and trends re; legislation just pave the way for the bad guys to get in on the cash.

heavy monitoring, taxing, and QC are all that is required for such products to maintain a fair profile among our communities

hi i have taken too much mephedrone over last few weeks and hav woken up with very tingly numb fingers on my left hand, i believe it is vasoconstriction, does any1 know if this will go if i just stay off it now im really scared ... has any1 else had this and did it go??

hi i have taken too much mephedrone over last few weeks and hav woken up with very tingly numb fingers on my left hand, i believe it is vasoconstriction, does any1 know if this will go if i just stay off it now im really scared ... has any1 else had this and did it go??

It almost certainly should pass once the drug has left your system, if it has not within 12 hours I would definitely take yourself to the ER room as lack of blood supply can cause necrosis if it is prolonged.

This should serve as a wakeup call to yourself however, taking enough meph to make parts of you go blue etc means you are going well overboard.

I suggest that you give all your stash to someone trust worthy until a few months have passed.

i haven't had mephedrone in ages, probably a good thing
i used to fucking love that stuff <3
haha

kinda sad, with the current mdma drought, mephedrone is a beautiful mdma substitute
so i wish i could get my hands on some

i found it pretty vasoconstricting, but no more than mdma
moderation is the key, remember that and you'll be alright
:)

well i got greedy on it stupidly enough n my hands dont feel like the getting better a day later so do you think it will pass eventually? cant hardly bend the fingers on my left hand ther bit swollen and numb

^ That doesn't sound good, I've heard of similar symptoms but far more severe. Sounds to me like you had too much, but only by a little. My guess would be it should clear up soon, but if it doesn't in the next couple of days I would definately suggest you see a doctor.

And I'd definately stay off the meph. Not worth risking.