• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

The PCP Thread

I always heard about it being around when i lived in NY and NJ but was never able to get my hands on it.

PCP has always been in Chicago...

Yeah, angel dust was rather popular in the late 70's when I has in high school in a northwest Chicago suburb. I remember doing lines on the cafeteria table and being so dusted that my bud & I just up & walked out of school. We staggered about 6 blocks over to my place (I had my own 'pad' in the garage), tripped over a few people still passed out from the previous night, and fell face first into a pile of bean bag chairs. We just laid there for what seemed like hours, listening to Pink Floyd.

There was quite a bit of dust around the area then. I recall going to a party... we arrived late and walked in to find about a dozen people just sitting & laying around the room, not saying a damn thing. Well, there was one guy sitting in front of the TV, which was tuned to static, and he was making a buzzing noise. When I approached him, he told me he was buzzing in order to keep the world going. Then all of a sudden he stood up and declared "if ya can't get a cup of coffee for a quarter, I'll give ya a dollar" and stumbled out of the room, laughing maniacally.

Those were the daze...

Wet is just becoming more available in LA. Its always available here, due to this being a hub for the crips, but its now being seen out of the "ghetto areas" and more in the underground rave scene and psychedelic scene again.

Very glad too as I missed it!

^^^ Aye. Kinda interesting, and its funny to watch it ebb and flow over the years. Long been fascinated with the crip-synthesis scene, there is an amazing story in there. (maybe it just defies my stereotypes a bit but I've always devoured every bit and article on every bust the past long while, totally fascinating) Has been centered out of Compton for the last few decades, with a few key families handing down production notes and hilarious jury-rigged buckets, etc. And then distribution goes from there outward, supplying most of the country! Wow! Crazy...:D

Cheers

PCP has been VERY popular in the cholo population in Northern Cali since the late 60's. Still is. However, not as big as meth. It was never big within the black population up there. But the blacks love sherm down south in LA.

PCP in northern california and southern california are two different animals. Northern Cali pcp is granular while southern Cali's is liquid. We call it blast or kj, they call it sherm. Northern Cali PCP is much stronger than sherm PCP.

I don't know much about the Southern Cali scene other than it is mainly manufactured by blacks and is not as strong as the granular PCP.

This is the history of Northern Cali PCP:

A white cat who's name I won't release out of respect (since OD'd by heroin) but whom I'm call "P", was dating a white chick, Cal University student, in the late 60's, early 70's. Her ex BF, also a Cal student, had recently died (by OD) and left behind boxes at her Berkeley apartment. She found a recipe in his belongings and for whatever reason called up "P" to take a look.

"P" was a weed dealer at that time but he took that recipe and broke it down into layman terms. He pretty much came up with the current Northern Cali manufacturing process using crap you can buy from Orchard Supply or Home Depot. Not including the chems. Well, except for the muriatic acid, which they bought when hydrochloric acid wasn't available. He improvised and improved upon things.

"P" was a good dude, kind hearted but a bit too trusting. If we were to do a family tree of ALL the PCP cooks in Northern Cali, they all lead back to "P". Fa real. In the beginning, mainly white cats in the '70s (except one or two). They didn't have the clientele so they hooked up with the Mexican cats to move it. Eventually, the Chicano dudes learned how to manufacture it also - with "P's" instruction. During the early to late 80s the PCP market was dominated by the Blanco Organization. They ruled San Jo with an iron fist. They controlled prices and had solid (main chemical) connections. If you sold PCP under THEIR prices - you were dealt with. San Jose PD could never take these cats down. They tried their best the whole decade. 20 year old millionaires. Easily. It wasn't until they handed over the case to the FEDS in 92 or so did the Blancos go down. They were shut down completely.

At that time, I would say, there were only 6 people (who were free, not locked up) who knew the whole Northern Cali manufacturing process. Sure, some know the first stage or others knew the last stage. But only 5 people knew EVERY stage of the process. It was a very small group of people. They each did their own thing with their own people. They didn't try to lock down the whole Northern state with violence and intimidation. There was money to be made. And LOTS
From 92 to 2005, those 5 cooks all fell minus 1. One by one. Today, theres still a huge market in San Jo for it. In some cases, the younger relatives of those 5 carry on the family tradition. In other cases, some just legitimized themselves.

So for those who say the latinos ain't into it in Northern Cali, you're very mistaken. They've been there since it was first introduced to the market.

al rato

Last edited by a moderator:
aiight then. Those prices were from in 1996-2000. A decade ago. But I understand your situation Shake...

Alldaylong, do you have sources for that story? It sounds like bs.

They had a major PCP bust in houston,Texas a few days ago,supposed to be the largest PCP bust in US ever,but who knows about that shit...lol..PCP is big in Houston among black people and especially Mexcian peeps,mostly younger gangster looking types,and in Memphis PCP i very common among black ,mexcian and white people of all ages if you want it,it's easy to get in Memphis,although it is mostly mexcian gangster types and ghetto peeps that do PCP,some of the white "raver,trip scene kids" smoke PCP in Memphis also..as well as other people ..

Norcal PCP may be different than Socal PCP, but anyone with the chemicals and the knowhow,can make high grade PCP from Synth formulas in old Merck Drug books and shit,anybody with access and a good knowledge of chemistry that is..But thats not "street" PCP ,I'm talking about chem labs in university type shit,a chemist can easily synth PCP with the chems needed,and it can be pharm. grade if done correctly,which a chemist always does things to make the best product they can...but cool info on PCP scene in Norcal vs. Socal!!

They had a major PCP bust in houston,Texas a few days ago,supposed to be the largest PCP bust in US ever,but who knows about that shit...lol..PCP is big in Houston among black people and especially Mexcian peeps,mostly younger gangster looking types,and in Memphis PCP i very common among black ,mexcian and white people of all ages if you want it,it's easy to get in Memphis,although it is mostly mexcian gangster types and ghetto peeps that do PCP,some of the white "raver,trip scene kids" smoke PCP in Memphis also..as well as other people ..

you have got to be mixed in with one of the most awkward circles in this city. i have never even been offered PCP

its still around in san diego, i ran into someone last month selling it

Ive only seen the stuff twice. I seen in Houston when i lived there called sherm and was cigarettes with the shit sprayed on to it. The other time i was smoking some bud in high school at lunch with this black dude that we always smoked blunts with and he brought the bud this time and we went back to school tripping out and feeling weird as hell. Later he told us he wanted to see some white boys reacting to pcp. Was kinda fucked up you ask me.

I think you woulda known if it was PCP before you even lit up. PCP is quite pungent, and smells like diaharea and magic markers. Tastes like that too. People often smoke ghetto weed and claim to have smoked PCP laced weed, based off of the fact that they "tripped". Not to say its never happened before, who am I to say that, but often times people stretch the truth a bit ;)
But what do I know, for all I know you could have smoked PCP, I wasnt there :p

Anywayyyyyyyyy

Dust has now made its way back into the scene as well. Pretty cool as all ive seen up until now is just sherm and wet.

All the terms that ive heard are below:

Sherm (aka "Sherm-Stick"): A cig dipped in liquid solution of PCP
Wet/Illy/Liq/Liquid/Dip: PCP in solution
Dust/Dandruff/Powder: PCP salt

I live in the 'Burbs and PCP has found its way in through a small group of people. I had only smoked dust once and it wasn't particularly my favorite experience, probably wouldn't do it again.

Back in the day (80s-late 90s)

it was usually liquid sprayed on parsely in the bay area.

It was cross cultural and cross socioeconomic, but mostly associated with hispanics

In San Jose Blacks called it blast, whites KJ (crystal joint), mexicans called it lenios. I know I'm being redundant. The taste was distinctive at the time and noted to be mettalic.

We never would spray our pcp on parsley. It was always referred to as 'shaking up a vial'. When we would get a vial it would usually make 20-30 foils. You would take fresh chopped parsley and dump it into a Tupperware container [we used to have a measuring cup for the parsley I want to say 1/8 - 1/4 cup, I really forget though] than pour the liquid pcp into the container and literally shake it up until you thought it was evenly coated. Than have pieces of foil basically the same size that Chicago heroin is wrapped up in dump a 10 bagger in fold it up and put into the freezer to keep fresh. You could mop up what ever was left in the container with what ever substance, tobacco, parsley, reefer, etc.

It would seem like if you kept the fresh foils outside the freezer for awhile they would lose potency. Not much but at times noticeable. I always thought for some reason it was alcohol based and some sort of evaporation occurred but truthfully I have no idea what was in that shit. 1 foil was enough to get 3-5 people completely wasted. Those were always called wikki stix, same process as above but with shaky marijuana was hippy stix. Truthfully whatever you smoked that shit on didn't matter, soon as 2 or so hits were in you it was all over. You didnt feel anything but zombied numbness.

Dips were just sticking a cigarette into the vial. It would instantly soak into the smoke than you would rip the filter off and smoke it. Lighting it up would always produce a big flame and than you would have to blow it out. Crazy times. It came from blacks in the ghetto but white suburban kids loved it. Early to mid'ish 90's, Chicago.

peace.
seedless

here is a quick little story I wrote concerning the last time I smoked it unknowingly.
http://seedlesss.wordpress.com/2006/02/21/phencyclidine-warp/

Last edited:
Alldaylong, do you have sources for that story? It sounds like bs.

Nah bro, no sources lol As a rule, we didn't go around recording each other.

"P" told me the "origin" story. He never proved to be a blowhard so I took his word for what it was. Very humble dude. And the other cooks confirmed his story and legacy on the Northern Cali scene. Now, of course, I wasn't there to see the original recipe he inherited so who knows how much he really modified/improved it.

The post 1980 stuff. I lived through that mess.

The process ain't rocket science. Mainly bucket chemistry. A little bird once said the only difficult part was the grignard reaction and even that wasn't too hard.