• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Will Cesamet get you high?

Rude Rabbit

Bluelighter
The reason I ask is because I heard Marinol doesn't work that well. So I was wondering how Cesamet as a pill measures up. It must be digested so is that a disadvantage to getting high as compared to smoked weed which enters the lungs? Must the THC enter the lungs in order to get high or can it also be digested?

Digesting weed/THC can be more effective then smoking it

if it's the same as Nabilone then it has potential yeah.

edibles are more potent on a gram to gram basis if done correctly.

I personally have eaten a small handful of the red and white .5mg capsules... I think around 8 pills so, 4mg.

I don't know if that was enough but I did not get anything too noticeable from that. Smoking a single bong would have been twice as effective... easily, and I have a big tolerance... one bong really doesn't do much for me... so that doesn't say much for cesemet, the person who had the prescription doesn't even take them anymore... just uses pot.

But, I have heard from other people that say they got very very high from it, my girlfriends non-pot smoking mother said a single cesemet makes for the best sleep she has had in a while.

These are normally used to ease the nausea and vomiting associated in chemo treatments.
I've taken these for quite a while now as a recreational drug.

I usually take the white and blue 1mg gel caps, they are marked ICN 3101 if you'd like to look up the pill in a database.

Taking 2 of these makes me mildly high, but its much more like eating hash brownies rather then toking a j, think of it like a body buzz.

The only thing I dont particularly like about them is the fact that they are inconsistent (unlike smoking a j)
What I mean by that is since you're ingesting it, the amount of food you've eaten prior and/or how long before taking the pills will affect their potency.

I've taken 5 on an empty stomach (2 at start, 2 in 15 mins and 1 15 mins there after) and was high as a kite for hours, though it did take a while to hit. I've also taken 5 in one swallow right after a meal and it was a much much milder and shorter high.

When (if) using these pills, please do show restraint at the start and go slow, your tolerance to them might be different then to your smoking tolerance.
Second time I did these I took 2 at 9pm, and could not keep my eyes open (ever get so high that all you want to do is pass out?) by 9:30pm...what a waste of drugs.

Hope that answered some questions,
Holla if you got more,
Dee..

Nice! first and probably only post . Some old man I know gave me a bunch of these rare blue and white pills that they use in chemotherapy treatment against nausea and vomiting(Cesamet) blabla enough said. After more deep researches i found that those pills were only synthetic THC. So me and a couple friends decided to take one totally sober. After 45 min we didn't feel anything so I tought to myself : If I smoke a joint would it engage the effects of that pill ? SO, we tried and......Oh yes it does F****g works ! We were totally high and happy for at least 3hours and we had mad munchies as well. In resume, U have to wait to digest the pill then smoke a J to amplify that synthetic THC pills. I did it a coiuple times after and it did work as well but really not as strong as the first time. Anyway if you find some try that but it won't be as effective as the first time. It's a one time try in my opinion.

Peace

When you eat THC, it undergoes first-pass metabolism in the liver to 11-OH-THC, which doesn't happen when you smoke it. This is why smoked marijuana causes two distinct phases of intoxication, the first hour or so of clear, clean stimulation before the heavy, lethargic mong. Oral cannabis does not produce the first phase. 11-OH-THC is also more potent than THC, hence the additional potency of edibles (the low wastage of edibles helps too of course).

Last edited:
I know someone who came in to posession of around 100 of these blue and white 1mg capsules. They say that they enjoy taking 4 or 5 to start, and then depending on how they feel after 2 or 3 hours(these things can take quite a while to kick in) they will take more accordingly. The most this person has taken in a day is 12, which doesn't sound like a safe thing to be doing, but for this person, it seems alright.

The person I know wanted everyone here to know that while under the influence of these, they felt little to no desire to smoke marijuanna, and they are daily users. This is not to say that they didn't combine the two; they did and they said the combo was fantastic. It potentiated some of the effects of marijuanna, and added its own sparkle. They also said that on their own, these capsules feel very close to how marijuanna does, yet much more sedating; This person would find themselves near the end of a night of using these capsules, that they were nodding in and out. They said that their sleep was deep and undisturbed.

They also told me to say that if I ever had any questions about those blue and white capsules, that they would be happy to try and help.

All in all, Cesamet seems worthy of a go, except for one thing. It is DAMN expensive. This person told me that their prescription for these costs over $800 a month.

I was on 4 1mg cesamet pills a day for anxiety. They are pretty good for getting a nice buzz goin on. Ive found that after youve popped 5 it doesnt matter how many more you pop you wont get any higher. Tried 11 at once one time and just felt like 5.

What's the point of these very expensive synthetic pills when you can just smoke / eat real weed? I mean, I'd understand it if they provided the therapeutic effects without getting you high but if this Cesamet is just another synthetic alternative to weed... why bother, especially at that price?

I have smoked weed for 39 years, since I was 10 yrs old. The Cesamet reminds me of old school mellow weed, with the added aspect of having eaten hash. No anxiety or paranoia, just a nice friendly high. It comes up slow and lasts long. It mellows me out, takes away my lifetime of drug and alcohol abuse tremors, and gives me a wonderful deep REM active sleep. I like em. So far, for me, much easier than smoking potent bud for these similar effects. And I got 100 or so for free.

Last edited:
The answer is yes. Nabilone will make you high. The answer lies in the definition of high. The word high implies that Nabilone be classed a dangerous substance. My opinion only. If your definition of high is sedated and relaxed then you are right on. With any dosage higher than 1mg or higher will indeed send you off to sleepy land. Don't drive or cross busy streets while taking Nabilone. It will slow your reflexes. Enjoy and here is a bit for the dude that said this drug is only.prescribed in hospitals. Any GP can prescribe this Med. and it is available for nausea and many other problems including insomnia and pain. If you want to cut down on opiates this drug will help with pain and sleep. Remember this is my observation of myself. I do not recommend stopping or starting any drug therapy without close supervision from your doctor. It could result in an overdose or worse death.
For what its worth,
cheers,
Algernon

Oh yea. Nabilone is available in Canada for about *snip*

Lol! *snip* each for 1 mg. Cap. Shoppers drug mart carries them. And if you do a search you can find the din number easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
It certainly does. If nabilone is in cesamet. two pills puts me in almost the same place as good bud, more bodily and calming effects. And lasts a friggin long time. I usually last about 8 to 10 hours. I've heard this lasting 24 hrs and longer. Must be hard for the body to break it down.
Gotta say tho that it is enjoyable.

i ate a few handfuls(50ish), and smoked some (small amount) weed and was hella baked all day.

I got bored last night and decided to eat a few of em cause im out of weed, then i fell asleep and woke up baked as hell lol.

I can help

Are you in Canada ? That is a ridiculous price for them. What quantity is that price ? I have a much better solution for your "friend" .. contact me. I know all about Nabilone..
Peace

I know someone who came in to posession of around 100 of these blue and white 1mg capsules. They say that they enjoy taking 4 or 5 to start, and then depending on how they feel after 2 or 3 hours(these things can take quite a while to kick in) they will take more accordingly. The most this person has taken in a day is 12, which doesn't sound like a safe thing to be doing, but for this person, it seems alright.

The person I know wanted everyone here to know that while under the influence of these, they felt little to no desire to smoke marijuanna, and they are daily users. This is not to say that they didn't combine the two; they did and they said the combo was fantastic. It potentiated some of the effects of marijuanna, and added its own sparkle. They also said that on their own, these capsules feel very close to how marijuanna does, yet much more sedating; This person would find themselves near the end of a night of using these capsules, that they were nodding in and out. They said that their sleep was deep and undisturbed.

They also told me to say that if I ever had any questions about those blue and white capsules, that they would be happy to try and help.

All in all, Cesamet seems worthy of a go, except for one thing. It is DAMN expensive. This person told me that their prescription for these costs over $800 a month.

What's the point of these very expensive synthetic pills when you can just smoke / eat real weed? I mean, I'd understand it if they provided the therapeutic effects without getting you high but if this Cesamet is just another synthetic alternative to weed... why bother, especially at that price?

I had to quit smoking pot after I had a crazy full body allergic reaction to it. Cesamets not cheap, but it is covered by my drug company and works for my chronic pain. I wouldn't say it gets me high though, not like the weed I was smoking. Still waiting to see if the drug company will pay for my prescription mj that I can't actually use now.