• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Will Cesamet get you high?

I had to quit smoking pot after I had a crazy full body allergic reaction to it. Cesamets not cheap, but it is covered by my drug company and works for my chronic pain. I wouldn't say it gets me high though, not like the weed I was smoking. Still waiting to see if the drug company will pay for my prescription mj that I can't actually use now.

(Dude, I am, really, curious to know if the the cesamet is far enough away, chemically, from weed for you to take safely? My prescription comes with an allery warning so let me know if you see this post, please?)

People still wondering the answer? It's yes. Nabilone can get you high as long as you are prepared for what that word means.

High here means a very slow onset and very gentle type of high when you compare it with smoked weed. Especially when you compare it with skunky, high thc/low cbd value weed that is smoked deliberately with the intention of getting high as quickly as possible.

Other posters have covered what goes on here. To sum it up though...
1) It has to be broken down in your stomach so if you take cesamet/nabilone with food in your tummy it will take longer to kick in and so it can be up to 90 min before you notice anything.
( NO I'M NOT EXAGGERATING, DON'T GO AND TAKE MORE, YOU'LL REGRET IT, TRUST ME, TAKE ANYMORE AND IT WILL JUST BE A WASTE OF DRUGS.. GIVE IT 15 MORE MINUTES... )

2) Different weed has different combinations of THC/CBD balances which vary the type of High vs. Mellow effect that everyone feels with their weed strain.

3) Nabilone was designed to heavily favor the CBD side but didnt eliminate the THCs altogether. Some folks who are used to heaby duty THC all day long will probably find Nabilone to be super mellow while others may find it too mellow or unpleasantly so.

4) CBD users may find Nabilone not to their liking at all, and users of , ore balamced weeds will likely find it under powered but, the only way to know will be to try it.

5) Fun cash saver: There is no way to increase the dosage to get "higher" with this one.. 1 to 2 mg for an adult is all that is necessary on an empty stomach.

First time I picked up this medication from the pharmacy was for serious pain issue. I misunderstood the dosage and took 2mg on empty stomach upon getting home and started to feel a bit of a body buzz an hour later. By about an hour and a half in I felt really stoned and knew that I wasnt going to be doing anything important or requiring a legal signature. I was surprised because I hadnt expected to feel that way. Heck, the press I had on this stuff was that it was pretty weak. I stayed high for close to 4.5 hours, nice and mellow, pain well controlled, before falling asleep comfortably, for the first time in months.

Someone else mentioned 800 per month for their scrip... darlin.. thats a ripoff. There are other edible options that are less expensive if you want to avoid inhalants (as I do).

I've just been prescribed Nabilone 2mg twice a day for apetite loss related to some medication I'm on, I've been smoking cannabis thus far but I was hoping this could be a free alternative as my drug benefits covers it.

I have a huge tollerence to THC distilates and shatter 80-90% thc and at first I didn't feel anything from it until I took a 7 day break from both. Then it started working, it feels like a mild indica buzz that is stretched out for like 4-6 hours of a "buzz" followed by another 6 hours of a more mild buzz more akin to burn out.

The most I took was 7 at once and it didn't really improve the buzz but just brought about a feeling of a massive "burn out" feeling simular to a couple hours after smoking some good indica buds.

i have hundreds of these pills i'm in canada they prescribed them to me because i smoke weed so i could cut down and save money. i take 5-10 depending how i want to feel though i am only prescribed 5 a day. i'm pretty sure they will prescribe them for anything if they prescribed them just cause i smoke weed lol. i've had them since before legalization. i made it here cause i was looking up how many other people thought they were cool shit lol. one person says they dont work. everyone else says they didn't take enough lmfao

Last edited: