• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants how to extract just the adderall salt out of capsul, any ways?

RandomHero

Bluelighter
Hi, I'm soon to use some adderall 30 mg XR (orange ones with the salt balls inside) to get through a long day as I have not used it in a long time.

I was wondering if there is a method to crush the salts in the beads and to safely filter out most of the pill bindings/broken balls?

Maybe by using a coffee filter after crushing the salt balls, will it be a good enough way to get most of the salt instead of the icky broken ball residue away?

Sorry if this has been posted before, I used the search but nothing specific to this question really showed up.

answers would be appreciated! and please lets not get humored with the words used in this question lol thanks

First of all, I would think you'd want the extended-release capacity for a long day, but that's up to you in the end...

and secondly, as far as I know, the preparation for Adderall XR indicates that the time-release material is a homogenous mixture of the drug and the waxy binders, meaning that nothing short of a chemical extraction will accomplish what you're after. And chemically separating the amphetamine salts from the waxy, stubborn binder material is reportedly a fairly difficult thing to accomplish.

Simply crushing the balls and parachuting the powder will speed up the absorption to some extent; if you're set on making it as similar to the IR preparation, crushing them seems like your most viable option.

~ vaya

Well there is always the choice/option of using a 0.22um micron filter to filter just about anything that could possibly be any danger to your capilaries and other small-ish blood vessels so you won't just be depositing more and more talc along the injections and wind up with a fatal coronary at the age of 25.

If you doubt the actual danger involved in IVing any of the amphetamine preparations, let alone the adderal XR capsules, I give you here the materials used in such a preparation:

*ADDERALL XR® is a once daily extended-release, single-entity amphetamine product. ADDERALL XR® combines the neutral sulfate salts of dextroamphetamine and amphetamine, with the dextro isomer of amphetamine saccharate and d,l-amphetamine aspartate monohydrate. The ADDERALL XR® capsule contains two types of drug-containing beads designed to give a double-pulsed delivery of amphetamines, which prolongs the release of amphetamine from ADDERALL XR® compared to the conventional ADDERALL®(immediate-release) tablet formulation.

EACH CAPSULE CONTAINS: 5 mg | 10 mg | 15 mg | 20 mg | 25 mg | 30 mg
Dextroamphetamine Saccharate 1.25 mg | 2.5 mg | 3.75 mg | 5.0 mg | 6.25 mg | 7.5 mg
Amphetamine Aspartate Monohydrate 1.25 mg | 2.5 mg |3.75 mg |5.0 mg | 6.25 mg | 7.5 mg
Dextroamphetamine Sulfate USP 1.25 mg | 2.5 mg | 3.75 mg | 5.0 mg| 6.25 mg | 7.5 mg
Amphetamine Sulfate USP 1.25 mg | 2.5 mg | 3.75 mg | 5.0 mg| 6.25 mg | 7.5 mg
Total amphetamine base equivalence 3.1 mg | 6.3 mg | 9.4 mg |12.5 mg| 15.6 mg| 18.8 mg

Inactive Ingredients and Colors: The inactive ingredients in ADDERALL XR® capsules include: gelatin capsules, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, methacrylic acid copolymer, opadry beige, sugar spheres, talc, and triethyl citrate. Gelatin capsules contain edible inks, kosher gelatin, and titanium dioxide. The 5 mg, 10 mg, and 15 mg capsules also contain FD&C Blue #2. The 20 mg, 25 mg, and 30 mg capsules also contain red iron oxide and yellow iron oxide.

Now that looks just absolutely terrible for your veins to me, not the mention the super small and almost unfilterable talc, and methyl-cellulose not to mention the other in-actives which I have no knowledge to their molecular sises or their danger-profiles.

Another down-side to IV d,l-amphetamine as prepared in Adderal is that it has a history of being very much sub-par as far as what type of "high" and "rush" you can expect. Most IV users after using it as such have repeatedly said that the preparation to make it safe and the "rush" is absolutely not worth it and to "parachute" or crush up and swallow, or plug a crushed-ball solution if you find that something you can do!

Edit: Fuck the alignment mechanism for orphaned words/letters... I can't setup the above template correctly but I'm sure anyone who really cares about them could figure it out, If not, PM me.

Last edited:
And, all but a few of the inactive binders arent soluble in water, if i remember right, including some kind of plastic-like compound that in all likelyhood makes up the beads. I might be wrong, but this xr works off of the acid content of the stomach..so couldnt one dump beads into an acidic drink like cola, wait a few hours (refrigerate) and then have effectively beaten the XR. I would imagine you might lose a bit though cause high acid content in the stomach reduces the absorption of amphetamine/substituted amps. Id just take the powder, dissolve as much as you can in a few ml of distilled water, then filter using coffee filters or filter paper, then you should has much less powder but all the amphetamine still.

LSDMDMA&8209975 said:
And, all but a few of the inactive binders arent soluble in water, if i remember right, including some kind of plastic-like compound that in all likelyhood makes up the beads. I might be wrong, but this xr works off of the acid content of the stomach..so couldnt one dump beads into an acidic drink like cola, wait a few hours (refrigerate) and then have effectively beaten the XR. I would imagine you might lose a bit though cause high acid content in the stomach reduces the absorption of amphetamine/substituted amps. Id just take the powder, dissolve as much as you can in a few ml of distilled water, then filter using coffee filters or filter paper, then you should has much less powder but all the amphetamine still.

Just to continue with this frame of thought; I have taken up many pure dextro-amphetamine sulfate XR capsules with those little XR sugar-beads and suspended them among a saline/water solution and left them from anywhere from a few hours to a few days even. I have noticed that the longer they are exposed to a saline/water preparation they will start to become a very much more effective IR or instant drug assuming I plug the suspended contents after shaking. Of course though, just putting the beads in a solution of cola, orange-drink, or another acidic and very corrosive liquid I can have no certainty of if the molecules of amphetamine could even survive the ordeal and not just break back down into a more stable condition, but plugging a solution of 30mg d-amphetamine with cruished XR beads left in 2x3ml syringes to be plugged at a later point very much improved the rush, yet shortened the duration unfortunately.

Not that I recommend this, but one of the only ways to get a long-lasting amphetamine high no matter how it is prepared is via d,(l?)-meth-amp as it has a much longer baseline for how long it can affect your body before MAO re-uptake and evacuation from the body. Also, If I am correct, d,l-meth-amp is not lipo-phobic and thus would very easily be accepted into a suspension even for IV use compared to the hydro-phobic d-amphetamine sulfate.

Well there is always the choice/option of using a 0.22um micron filter to filter just about anything that could possibly be any danger to your capilaries and other small-ish blood vessels so you won't just be depositing more and more talc along the injections and wind up with a fatal coronary at the age of 25.

If you doubt the actual danger involved in IVing any of the amphetamine preparations, let alone the adderal XR capsules, I give you here the materials used in such a preparation:

*ADDERALL XR® is a once daily extended-release, single-entity amphetamine product. ADDERALL XR® combines the neutral sulfate salts of dextroamphetamine and amphetamine, with the dextro isomer of amphetamine saccharate and d,l-amphetamine aspartate monohydrate. The ADDERALL XR® capsule contains two types of drug-containing beads designed to give a double-pulsed delivery of amphetamines, which prolongs the release of amphetamine from ADDERALL XR® compared to the conventional ADDERALL®(immediate-release) tablet formulation.

EACH CAPSULE CONTAINS: 5 mg | 10 mg | 15 mg | 20 mg | 25 mg | 30 mg
Dextroamphetamine Saccharate 1.25 mg | 2.5 mg | 3.75 mg | 5.0 mg | 6.25 mg | 7.5 mg
Amphetamine Aspartate Monohydrate 1.25 mg | 2.5 mg |3.75 mg |5.0 mg | 6.25 mg | 7.5 mg
Dextroamphetamine Sulfate USP 1.25 mg | 2.5 mg | 3.75 mg | 5.0 mg| 6.25 mg | 7.5 mg
Amphetamine Sulfate USP 1.25 mg | 2.5 mg | 3.75 mg | 5.0 mg| 6.25 mg | 7.5 mg
Total amphetamine base equivalence 3.1 mg | 6.3 mg | 9.4 mg |12.5 mg| 15.6 mg| 18.8 mg

Inactive Ingredients and Colors: The inactive ingredients in ADDERALL XR® capsules include: gelatin capsules, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, methacrylic acid copolymer, opadry beige, sugar spheres, talc, and triethyl citrate. Gelatin capsules contain edible inks, kosher gelatin, and titanium dioxide. The 5 mg, 10 mg, and 15 mg capsules also contain FD&C Blue #2. The 20 mg, 25 mg, and 30 mg capsules also contain red iron oxide and yellow iron oxide.

Now that looks just absolutely terrible for your veins to me, not the mention the super small and almost unfilterable talc, and methyl-cellulose not to mention the other in-actives which I have no knowledge to their molecular sises or their danger-profiles.

Another down-side to IV d,l-amphetamine as prepared in Adderal is that it has a history of being very much sub-par as far as what type of "high" and "rush" you can expect. Most IV users after using it as such have repeatedly said that the preparation to make it safe and the "rush" is absolutely not worth it and to "parachute" or crush up and swallow, or plug a crushed-ball solution if you find that something you can do!

Edit: Fuck the alignment mechanism for orphaned words/letters... I can't setup the above template correctly but I'm sure anyone who really cares about them could figure it out, If not, PM me.

woah woah, thank you for the research...But my question has nothing to do with IVing adderall. I wouldnt even think of something so stupid, I simply asked this question to see if adderall can come close to being something to be snorted safely not with all those pill binders,harmful things for your nose,etc. I wanted to see if there are methods to filter them out

Heh, this is one reason I absolutely love the web-site RXlist.com and I have made this page something akin to cannon http://www.rxlist.com/dexedrine-drug.htm! I wouldn't bet that those binders and fillers would be all that corrosive or anything of the type if snorted/railed after crushing up an XR and/or pulverizing an IR for d-amphetamine or d,l-amphetamine.

It is simply such a small and non-reactive combination within the pills that while it might burn only slightly it won't do any long-term damage unless this is in fact something done every-single day and in that case I would very energetically recommend you either plug the preparation or setup a parachuted dose to drop into your stomach which should dissolve anything active very fast. If you are absolutely bat-shit against anything getting up your nose that isn't a drug or an essential binder I suppose you could try to put the pulverized selection of pill into a 3ml syringe and push the plunger while you hold the exit-hole up/in your nostrils which could get you a more pure solution I would hazard to bet.

woah woah, thank you for the research...But my question has nothing to do with IVing adderall. I wouldnt even think of something so stupid, I simply asked this question to see if adderall can come close to being something to be snorted safely not with all those pill binders,harmful things for your nose,etc. I wanted to see if there are methods to filter them out

Its really not worth the risk. Little to no rush and a quick comedown. You might as well IV warm water immediately after snorting it to trigger a rush, so as to trick your body into thinking you IV'd the drug itself.

Its really not worth the risk. Little to no rush and a quick comedown. You might as well IV warm water immediately after snorting it to trigger a rush, so as to trick your body into thinking you IV'd the drug itself.

Like I have aforementioned, railing d,l-amphetamine is a pretty sincere disappointment in the dozens of times I have given in to the temptation and railed 20mg of d-amphetamine or so. Every one of those times I have instantly received a very intensive headache which would not respond to any traditional medications for such a malady. In short it is not a worth-while experiment, though I am going to bet this will not stop you or even slow you down if you become hell-bent on ramming that sugary powder up into your sinuses.

IV is even less beneficial I have heard from 3-4 of my mates who have tried it either with d-amphetamine or d,l-amphetamine and they all reported a significantly under-whelming experience even with dosages up into 70mg/shot which even plugged or taken orally should be able to produce a profound euphoria and/or stimulation. Oddly enough; IV administration of d-amphetamine is very mediocre and not worth it for the micron filtering and intense attention to detail necessary to get it right.

i know at least some, if not all, of the amphetamine salts are NOT miscible in water. Trying to filter it like that will most certainly lose you quite a bit of the drug... I agree with Cloud, just eat it or plug it.

i know at least some, if not all, of the amphetamine salts are NOT miscible in water. Trying to filter it like that will most certainly lose you quite a bit of the drug...

While it will not indeed solute with saline/water, it will indeed suspend itself into a suspension which is IV-able and very much so able to be injected, solubility or not!

While it will not indeed solute with saline/water, it will indeed suspend itself into a suspension which is IV-able and very much so able to be injected, solubility or not!

Of course, same reason it can be plugged. But he's trying to extract it from the rest of the pill, and to try and filter it since it's in suspension and not solution means he'll definitely lose some drug if he tries.

Of course, same reason it can be plugged. But he's trying to extract it from the rest of the pill, and to try and filter it since it's in suspension and not solution means he'll definitely lose some drug if he tries.

I guess you are right. While it is chemically sound-pharmacology that would enable the complete separation and isolation of any of the d,l-amphetamine solutions, it is highly impractical and even if you tried to spend the time separating out one of the four amphetamine types in an Adderal tablet, you would be doing grossly more work than anyone who has a micron filter and could pull through all 4 of the d,l-amphetamine types at once and have them prepared for an IV solution if that is indeed what is needed.

I haven't had much chance to post on BL lately, and was just browsing when this thread caught my attention.
Perhaps it's a little off-topic, and more than likely far to hard to do but anyways...
Anyone wanna venture a guess as to the possibility of separating and/or removing the levo-amp from the d-amp?
I've experienced some "seizure" like experiences from both, but I've always had much better luck with straight d-amp.
Sadly enough I can only get the mixed amp that is Adderal at the moment.
So if anyone has some input on separating them, I'd love to see it.
I'm assuming from my knowledge of chemistry/pharmacology that this question is likely a waste of time, but what the hell can't hurt to ask.

I haven't had much chance to post on BL lately, and was just browsing when this thread caught my attention.
Perhaps it's a little off-topic, and more than likely far to hard to do but anyways...
Anyone wanna venture a guess as to the possibility of separating and/or removing the levo-amp from the d-amp?
I've experienced some "seizure" like experiences from both, but I've always had much better luck with straight d-amp.
Sadly enough I can only get the mixed amp that is Adderal at the moment.
So if anyone has some input on separating them, I'd love to see it.
I'm assuming from my knowledge of chemistry/pharmacology that this question is likely a waste of time, but what the hell can't hurt to ask.

Silly poster, you know I can't post a step by step synthesis!

Edit: PM...ahoy!

^^ Sorry if it sounded like I was looking for synthesis. I'm a stickler for the rules myself.

Posted right after waking up (Not my best time of day), perhaps I miss worded it.
Thanks for catching it regardless if it appeared to sound like a synth question.

Anyways, I'll dose my wake up routine and re-asses this before posting anything else. :)

We extracted 9 30mg Adderall pills in 200 ml of ethanol through 3 coffee filters. We got like half a gram of powder... An acetone wash would've had removed more fillers, but it looked ok and was snortable..

Anyways, a 50 mg line felt really fine. Reminded me of a clear coke rush. Although this time the high doesn't last long though, not more than 30 minutes or so and the instant craving, anorexia, palpitations, anxiety and other uncomfortable effects just aint worth it...... Unlike the clean and harmless high of some pure coke..

"Snorting definitely gives you more of a rush and euphoria. Whilst the effects don't necessarily last longer via oral injection, the end of the 'rush' will feel like it's wearing off. When infact it isn't, your mind is just comparing how it felt during the rush to now. They have about the same half-life in your body.

Also because snorting has a rush and that rush ends, you will feel oh-so-tempted to re-dose. I'm not going to talk about the dangers of addiction because that is obvious but each time you re-dose you will need MORE to achieve that same rush. And trust me, you WILL want the rush back.

If you take it orally there's no rush as such, it's more of a calm, but focused and motivated feel.

So all in all.

Oral if you want to use it as a life tool."

Last edited:
^But was that the IR Adderall? The OP was asking about XR Adderall. Would your method work if one crushed up the beads first? And would it remove the wax?

Hi, I am new here. I have been bedridden for two years with CFS/ME. It is awful ,,,, I cannot explain other than being wide awake laying in a coffin with a glass top and watching the world go by.....

I have tried EVERYTHING,,, IT seems any medicine I take works for one week then stops.... That has been the problem all my life,,,Doctors are stumped, and stupid,, I'm telling the truth,,,,All I want is a couple normal hours a day.

I have been on Amphetamine Salts 20 mg immediate release...I can take 7 at once and go back to sleep., my doctor said thats impossible, so as soon as he said that I swallowed 8 - 20 mgs and my doctor was going to have me go to hospital, but I begged him to wait a couple hours.,,,, so he saw other patients and a couple hours went by, and guess what? My heart rate never went up or my blood pressure. He had no answer because I pissed him off, well I dont care, I will do anything to get out of bed I am only 50 years young and used to be a singer on cruise ships., now I cant even brush my teeth.

So that being said,,, am I the only person out there that does not respond to anything? I could take 200 mgs and energy drink and caffeine pills all at once, and still nothing.... I had to prove to my doctor, thats why I took that chance, its just no one believes me....

Any thoughts, any one out there like me? Maybe I am an alien? LOL Curious ......

Ok you'll never get a straight answer on extraction cause a 100% pure extraction is damn near impossible . I put a coffee filter over a tall glass with 30 30mg irs and just kept on re filtering the solution through the same filter and let it sit in the warm dry air for a couple weeks . Not worth it . Best way to go is look up plugging or if you research a lot Iv but I suggest highly against needles.