• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Where to get 100% Acetone without Denatonium Benzoate? (for salvia extraction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnog9

Bluelighter
HI!!!

I hope this is in the right forum, I didn't want to bother the meth users. I went to buy some "100% acetone", but was disappointed to learn that every single acetone product I came across has an additive called denatonium benzoate, which is officially the most bitter substance known to man. It is added to prevent people from drinking the acetone. I don't want that mixed with my product! So do other people just use acetone with denatonium, or where are you getting the 100% acetone? Thanks.

Who the fuck puts bitrex into acetone, wtf.

The stuff from hardware stores where i live doesn't contain that shit. Just tasted a half drop of mine to confirm, and it burns a bit (as you'd expect, since it's fucking acetone), but no crazy bitterness.

The acetone I have doesn't have that either. And I just got it from a hardware store like above. Try there.

Who the fuck puts bitrex into acetone, wtf.

The same reason so many things are done..... THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!! Thanks I will try hardware store, I thought the beauty section was my only option, lol.

Oh dude, the acetone in nailpolish remover is usually only like 10-20% anyway...

Also, note that if you want 100% (anhydrous) acetone, you're going to have to dehydrate it first.

This is done by taking some epsom salts, throwing them in the oven for a couple hours at ~400 deg. F., mixing them with your acetone in a ratio of 20g / liter, and separating the epsom salts from the acetone via decantation or filtration.

Information passed on from a DMT-Nexus member...

Why the hell would someone want to drink acetone? Am I missing something here?

LOL that's exactly what I was wondering.

Actually, the acetone products in question are nail polish removers, I assume. The polish remover is probably adulterated for fear that some foolish little girl using the product without Mommy's supervision would attempt to drink it...

He has no intentions of drinking acetone, I think. He wants to take acetone, dissolve his salvia in it, place this in a small amount of salvia or other smoking media, and evaporate off the acetone. His concern is that the bitrex will stay in his final product. Because of this he probably doesn't need to worry about a little water as long as its less than 5% or so IMO. All the extra water will do is make the evaporation take longer.

Yea I realize he isn't ingesting it. He just stated that the undesired additive was put in to prevent people from drinking it, which made me wonder: why would anyone want to do that in the first place?
:)

Are you attempting to actually have potent salvinorin a extract?

If so I would advise against.

Also, note that if you want 100% (anhydrous) acetone, you're going to have to dehydrate it first.

Thanks for the information, Applecore. Ever since I got in to..... taking substances, it seems like just when I think I've got a simple method all figured out, something else comes along to complicate things much more. lol. But I'm sure the stuff I bought today is fine for my needs of doing a salvinorin extraction. Recochem Acetone. $9.50 for about a litre.

To those confused, no, I am not drinking acetone, I am doing a salvia extraction and evaporating the acetone away. I originally bought a beauty product bc it said "100% Acetone". I guess they lie. They put denatonium in that, and many other poisonous products to stop people from accidentally, or purposely drinking it. I don't see how anyone could tolerate the taste of acetone anyway, but I guess bitrex makes it even more unbearable. And the denatonium wouldn't be too much of a problem, except I looked it up and the denatonium will not evaporate away.... so I'd be getting a concentrated tincture of salvia and the most bitter substance ever. Plus denatonium is poisonous, though I'm not sure in what amounts.

Why the hell would anyone want to ingest salvia? Am I missing something here? ;)

Personally, I will be putting it under my tongue, but this extraction can also produce a smokeable product.

Are you attempting to actually have potent salvinorin a extract?

If so I would advise against.

Why would you advise against?

No, I am not looking to get pure salvinorin a. Prior to now, I use the quid method. I figure an extraction would certainly maximize the amount of salvinorin I can get sublingually, and also lessen the amount of plant material. I am hoping I will have to pee less.

Status
Not open for further replies.