Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

trying molly for the first time

david1242

Greenlighter
Swim has tried molly a couple times and found it to be very enjoyable and was thinking about 3 points for the night. swims friends however are going to be trying molly for the first time, no experience in anything else besides the occasional bong. Swim was thinking they should have 2 points of molly for the party (an 18th with a dj :D). Just making sure this amount is safe for swims friends.

opinions?

P.S swim was thinking 1 point to start then the rest over the night. 1 hour intervals with a line

Last edited:
70-90mg would be fine (molly = MDMA yes? sorry, I dont use slang) just listen to your body and dont over do it if it's your first time. Bit of weed towards the end is always nice.

Not sure on what a 'point' equates to in mg.

Shulgin writes in PIHKAL that MDMA is active between 50mg and 150mg.

A point is 100mg.

IMHO, no one should give anyone MDMA for the first time... I might have done it stupidly as a kid, but if they're one of the unlucky 1:1000 people that can't handle it and die.. you'll regret it... I prefer do drugs with those who are used to them already, and i don't have to take the blame if they wind up in a hospital bed as a result.

Yeah, point = .1g - 100mg.

If it's pure, then I'd stick to 1 point, but because it probably isn't, I'd recommend 150mg capped.

No need to use SWIM. everyone knows its you.

Is molly making a bit of an emergence at the moment?

I'm with Mr Ibis on this one, many times I've been involved with people who haven't tried the drug themselves, I just give them the relative information and don't source anything at all. If you are still willing to accept the risks then depending on the potency 100-150mg would do wonders and maybe a bit extra for later depending on how long the night is, nothing like a bunch of friends fiending more of your gear.

Jordan, its not about them fiending my gear.. it's about safety, i just don't wanna be responsible if they're one of the unlucky ones who can't tollerate and break down the drug.

That's what I was getting at. I give them the relevant information and don't source them anything because if something bad does happen I'm not going to be responsible for it.

You can get MDMA in this current state of XTC in Australia!?!?

Apparantly so... but unless these are experienced users, i won't say much for it coz theres a high chance its just mephedrone.

Lol yeah your probably spot on with that comment MrIbis, and if its the guys first time he wont have a clue ay lol

does anyone know what color mephadrone turns when tested with the marquis and mecke reagent?

Dude the Mephadrone thread is huge man, im sure you will find your answer there

I was hoping I would get the answer in a single post rather then having to scour 30+ pages of a mega thread. Some one else brought it up, seems relevant to the topic at hand. If the OP has a test kit and tests their "molly" they might like to also know what color mephadrone reacts.

EDIT>> I found the answer on erowid.Marquis regent turns yellow for mehphedrone and bright yellow for methylone, Provided you don't get those results and you get purple to black with the marquis reagent and green to black with the mecke reagent you are good to go with mdma.

Last edited:
From Tests conducted in a Forensic Lab with freshly prepared Marquis reagent, pure 4-MMC produced a pale pink colour (similar to that produced with cocaine), and a mixture of 4-MMC, phathimidopropiophenone, caffeine and N-ethylcathinone (Neorganics SC and neodove) produced a pale orange. All colour changes should occur within 1 minute or so.

I dare say that he does have Mephedrone considerring it's dominance right now, However I did hear whispers that it was gonna re-emerge soon (heard this about 2-3weeks ago) so fingers crossed.

Also yes plz don't use swim as it's just more painful to read :p

If you don't have a tester, how long did the affects last if u can remember? And did you feel like it was a big rush when u first took it, or did the affects take a little while to kick in.
These are general indicators of whether or not it is 4-mmc or MDMA

Also at MrIbis "one of the unlucky 1:1000 people that can't handle it and die, surely it's way way way less. I imagine the statistic is somewhere around 1 in 100,000, just a guess, I don't have sources to backup my claims.

But when MDMA was first emerging it was taken by nearly everyone accross the states, and there was only a few handfulls of people dying from it.

Not encouraging that people should get their friends to try drugs, because YES this is a harm reduction website. But me trying MDMA has been a very interesting twist in my life, that I like to think has worked out for the best.

Sorry starting to rant...
party safe all <3

But me trying MDMA has been a very interesting twist in my life, that I like to think has worked out for the best.

+1, I had tried mdma a few times prior to my starting to use it with some frequency and going out to edm events. At the time I started to use it with some frequency was a beautiful time and couldn't come at a better time, My father had just died and I was entering a dark and depressed time of my life. MDMA showed me things and taught me about myself and life in general things I think I may never have learned on my own. That and I had a great time rather then sitting home depressed.

Well, none of us know for sure that the OP hasn't tracked down proper molly... just because none of us have in recent times, doesn't mean no-one can.

The problem would be that without having tried either molly or 4mmc before, it could be hard to distinguish the effects. For your own edification, notice for whether you feel distinctly empathetic and sensual (i.e., your senses intensified) or more like on top of the world, superhero, invincible etc...
Also MDMA is a bit more difficult to fiend with, I mean there is a point of muntedness where it just wouldn't occur to go & dose any more (I think)