• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Panic attack

grungefairy2

Greenlighter
Since the beginning of this year, I've been having panic attacks. I had started smoking weed daily around the same time and last week got to thinking "Hmm, maybe the 420 is triggering my panic attacks" so I decided to stop smoking for a while and see what was up. I stopped smoking last Tuesday and noticed that I got a lot better. From Tuesday night til Sunday night I was functioning normally, no more panic attacks or uncommon anxiety (I've had minor anxiety my whole life, but nothing that had really affected me).

Anyways, my dumb ass decided to take ecstacy last night. I took a pink pussycat and a little later was on the verge of a panic attack again. It was so bad, I asked my mom to sleep with me (I'm a 23 year old woman!) then noticed the insomnia too. At first I thought it was her snoring, so I went to the living room to try to sleep on the couch, but the filter of the fish tank didn't let me sleep either. I kicked her out of my room, but still couldn't sleep. Took 3 all natural stress relief pills and nothing. My mom finally had to give me Tylenol PMs to help me knock out.

I thought I'd wake up this morning feeling like my normal self again, but I still feel as though I'm going through a panic attack. Still can't be in the living room cos the fish tank filter makes me really nervous and my anxiety is THROUGH THE ROOF. How long is this going to last? What can I do to relieve it?

I feel I'm going insane.

I should mention that I had a coke problem for about 5 years prior to this. That might be the reason for the attacks, although 97% of the time I feel it's triggered by use of other drugs (cannabis, E). What's going on with me? Anyone?

my wife started having anxiety attacks that triggered from E.. so she's stopped it altogether.. and it was pretty much a phase in her life that she learned to deal with and she now has a panic attack once a year or so.. there was a really good book she read that actually answered a ton of questions and made her realize what she could do to fix it.. i'm trying to remember the name.. but not to get off topic, she feels hers was attributed to the E use we were doing and has stopped that altogether.. smoking made gave her an attack once and she's since stopped that.. she's at a point now though where she feels confident she could roll again, but is very very hesitant

Wow that one pretty crazy story. The only thing I can think of is to stop using all drugs and maybe try to talk to a doctor about getting him to prescribe you some benzo.

Pretty obviously drugs are NOT for you.

Its time to stop using and get on with the next phase of your life.

It's possible that the pill you took was adulterated with something that triggered the panic attack (from what I understand pure MDMA is not likely to cause that kind of symptoms) but in your case it's kind of a moot point. It's pretty clearly a bad idea for you to be using substances at all, I'd say.

I'm sure there's some change you could make to your diet, your sleep habits, your exercise habits, or some other aspect of your daily life that will improve things for you, but aside from the most general "live healthier" advice I'm not sure what the specific measures that would be best for you might be. Keep looking around and find someone more well informed than I am, there's surely something out there that will do the trick.

The problem is that you are taking drugs that are known to have the potential to increase anxiety in people. I am also a firm believer that there are drugs that can take existing underlying psychological issues and make those symptoms seem far more pronounced.

I agree with all of the the others in the thread who have said that you need to obstain from drug use. Getting a benzo for situational anxiety may help in the short term, but you do not want to become dependent on benzos as benzo withdrawal can be extremely dangerous. You need to get to the root of the problem and try to resolve it.

What about taking it and going out with friends dancing or doing something at home to take your mind off of it. I read someone mentioning playing rock band takes their mind off it. My big problem with rolling at home is I get anxiety from the unknown effects that will happen to me and this kind of ruins the come up. I have suffered on and off with anxiety since my teens.

Help?

Hey; I had the EXACT same thing happen to me several years ago; I found it lasted around 2 weeks or so? Just getting into a routine again seemed to solve it for me; life is good and will get better :)

The problem is that you are taking drugs that are known to have the potential to increase anxiety in people. I am also a firm believer that there are drugs that can take existing underlying psychological issues and make those symptoms seem far more pronounced.

I agree with all of the the others in the thread who have said that you need to obstain from drug use. Getting a benzo for situational anxiety may help in the short term, but you do not want to become dependent on benzos as benzo withdrawal can be extremely dangerous. You need to get to the root of the problem and try to resolve it.

This. Maybe your coke problem made you more succeptable to anxiety, maybe you just are naturally. Either way it's obvious you will have more enjoyment out of life without drugs. In my opinion drugs should only be taken when they are improving your life, whether it be through fun times or allowing you to see things in a different light. As soon as those are out weighed by negatives they shouldn't be used. Thats what defines a drug addict.

I get panic attacks from cannabis, which is why I don't smoke the stuff except on the come down from e.

I always make sure that my environment is really comfortable and safe before doing any drugs at all. I don't do drugs with strangers only with my partner, because basically she's the only person I really trust.

My panic attacks started after an acid trip turned bad and they basically ended drug taking for me until I discovered E.

If there is any sign of discomfort or nervousness I concentrate on giving my body pleasure, usually with a vibrator or an anal plug. This will bring me out of the nervousness.

I get panic attacks from cannabis, which is why I don't smoke the stuff except on the come down from e.

If you are prone to anxiety when smoking cannabis then why do you smoke it on the come down of mdma, which can be anxious in and of itself?