Bleucheese Bluelight ClubNight 2 Suggestons v. CMON PEOPLE!

ChemicalSmiles

Ex-Bluelighter
Ok with the success of our first official club night, we have decided to try and form this into a regular event. We had a great time Saturday and although there was a few glitches, people stayed and talked. It was great :D Im calling on the people who tuned in, and those interested in future club nights to lay some feedback on me. What did you like, what didn't you like? How can we make the event better?

Other hosting mediums have been brought up... Any suggestions of what and how we would use them? We'll let this discussion roll on for a week or so and then nail a date on the next one ASAP. Thanks in advance!

-CS

ps; did anyone tune in late enough to hear the late night surprise? =D

We really would love to do this, just need to figure out a way to have different DJs going back to back live and maintaining a chat for everyone to partake in. Maybe having ONE DJ do a live set and the rest be recorded would be more feasible. Good suggestion

Higher quality audio...we almost need to have the links posted when the set begins. When more users were on the audio tended to cut out. Just resolves the problem of paying for a sevice/bandwidth. Icecast worked last time and b/w is cheap...just it isn't user friendly...not all client progs can connect to it.

I started listening right before toa$t's second mix started being played, so my opinion might be biased by that...

It would have been nice to have a bit more variation in the type of music being played. The last three mixes sounded similar to me (all trancey). Maybe some techno or dnb or dubstep in between them would have been good.

Maybe instead of playing them in the order they are submitted, you could design the playlist so there is a different genre being played each time it changes. I know you are working with what people send in so that might not be possible...

But it was good, despite the small issues with skipping and sound quality. All the music played was good.

I missed it! =p

Props to Mods, DJs and those of you who are making this happen!

I'll catch the next one fur shurrre!

I got off after @lterego's set (which was awesome)- What was the late night surprise?!?!

Thanks to those who hung out for mah set! :D

I would agree with the more variation, but also understand that may be out of your control!

Better hosting would be ideal, if we wanted to make this a regular thing a dedicated server where we can host from would be awesome! Id even be willing to drop a few dollas on the cause if we were to get it running!

Also, whoever is running the show that night should post in the chat who's mix is playing. :D!!

nobody knew what was going on if they just jumped in!!

I did that earlier in the night, I fell asleep around 2 am and thats when the announcements stopped :D Whoops ^ ^

let the thread about the event make a couple rounds of all the BL forums in the week before the event. it was pretty much just EMDers in there, and I think it would be way cooler if people from the different forums showed up.

I also want to know what the latenight surprise was...

Agreed ^^

HAAHA toa$t the late night suprise was rttt aka KK aka naperville trash....... and since he is banned technically shouldnt have even gotten played but because of how unique, up in coming, absolutely cheesy and ridiculous with the funniest shout out ive ever heard a DJ too. LOL if you could call him a DJ, if u want a copy i'll let you get it.

my only suggestion is to find a better streaming option. the audio was cutting out quite a bit during the few hours i heard. fun little party otherwise :)

I agree with the BL-wide announcement suggestion. I would have attempted to be online then.

I'd suggest a different time range, assuming most listeners are American maybe like 6 pm to 1 am or so, and shorter sets.

Thank you everyone for your input. ChemicalSmiles and I will keep this in mind for the next event! In the mean time though, if you have anything else to voice your opinion on in regards to the event, speak up!

for the next one i will say fuck you to searching for a job and instead ill get a mix done for yeez!

sorry i missed it, but id love to hear rttt's "shout out to aw his homeez n hoz"

his words were "whats up chicago home of big booty hoes, crack rocks, and blows rat tat tizzle on the 1's and 2's turn your speakers up for this next one, real loud" and then it was cheesy happy hardcore lol

edit: thanks for the suggestions some really good ones, thizz and I will review these and get back to you in the next week. We have both been extremely busy with personal stuff, school, and partying on the side ya dig.