• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] 2010-2011 Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see how Prelude feels about it and go from there.. We can leave off the Years cause hopefully this thread will live on past 2011. I think a new thread name is a brilliant idea, being that this thread went in all kinds of different directions besides the "growing temps"..ya know? I didn't really feel like creating my own thread either just to post up some pictures from time to time, so since there has been 32 pages invested into this thread...it would be great if we can use this one now for everything related to growing.

Do diseases happen very often indoors?(I'm guessing they might as well if I always have my window open, idk)

Murphy's Law, my friend.......open windows = whitefly....you don't want to get a whitefly infestation going....you can't kill them...I don't care what anybody says....you'll have to remove all vegetation, spray, wait a week, spray again, and then start over...take it from me....:(..

most whitefly comes from infected potting soil...but, you never know what'll come buzzzzzing in...

thread name changed for now, probably will generate more traffic. I always skip this thread because of the title. If you think up a better one, let me know and I will change it.

dang Prelude, you've created a monster!
;)

my PurpleHaze, definitely in my top 3, the mother was amazing shown from the cloner until now. i hope to be growing this for years, so so rare... doubt ill seeing it much more in my life time. only had once before.

NSFW:
6d69fcd1.jpg

PHazeplantedclone.jpg

purplehazeC2904.jpg

i took more cuts recently and replanted her, waiting for the right time to flower i should take more cuts they like my room! last chance...

920PHaze.jpg

Last edited:
Were did you pick up the PH pip? Ive seen PH pop up in the last year or two, but from what I gather the real PH is exstinct and was only available by clone.

um, a very old and reputable co-op in seattle, they have some amazing clones. this was from the establishers personal, along with some other hearty rarities. i never saw the clones again, or the bud for sale anywhere, except for one time like 15 years ago, i just love everything about this stuff.

WOW Panic...very cool. I'd make sure I take new clones, hold back 2 for new mother's and flower out the old mother. I am doing the same thing w/ my purple kush now. DEFINATELY do not kill off that strain..once it's gone...it's gone lol.

wow panic...very cool. I'd make sure i take new clones, hold back 2 for new mother's and flower out the old mother. I am doing the same thing w/ my purple kush now. Definately do not kill off that strain..once it's gone...it's gone lol.

stfu and dont come in the social ever again

I won't even waste my time w/ your kindergarten BS. Go find something to do!

Memphis..my guess is that all 7,155 of your posts are all TROLL related...you probably didn't add a single thing of value! Go kill yourself.

Last edited:
Woah, took me a while to find my thread, haven't checked in for about 2 days, been having things pretty rough at home...

Anyways, No, Im not cloning from plants outside, what I was saying is, I planted 2 plants about 3-4 months ago, I planted one outside, one inside, both in the same soil, now at the beggining of this thread there was a problem with a plant, coming out kinda deformed, well, that plant is now doing better, and flowering, better, than the plant I had in my closet...

My plan for this crop is to use femmed seeds again (Northern Lights)
I germed 3 seeds.
All three popped out and gave me the taproot, I just put them all in peatmoss about an hour ago.

Now, I currently have them under about 50 watts (T5 bulbs),
I was kinda curious about what kinda of bulbs my ballast/hood can take.
Since I do have a mogul base, I was wondering if I would be able to place a 200 watt CFL bulb where a MH/HPS bulb would go.
Is it possible to run CFL off of a digital ballast? or is that a no-no?
(Also, my ballast is for 600 watts, can I purchase a 400 watt MH, and still have it work with a 600 watt digital ballast, or does it HAVE to be 600 watt MH?)

I'm gonna go get this bulbs tomorrow morning, so , if anyone knows, Id appreciate it.

As for everything turning into a social thread, personally, I don't have a problem with it as long as it doesn't turn into a big ol bitch fit of a thread. As , some people already seem to be throwing dumb ass posts around.
Not to mention Names or anything.... But I really don't think arguing is helping anyone out here. (Not trying to be a dick, but come on guys, its a thread online, really is there a need to be hostile? If people are talking shit to you, and all you're doing is trying to give advice, or get some help, just ignore it)

" 2010-2011 Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences "(feel free to keep it the same, edit that one, or do what ever is best for the description of the thread)

works well for me...hah, I don't like the word journal, kinda throws me off a bit, as I never came with the intention of making a journal, just wanted to get advice and post pics of my plant to see if people can diagnose problems I can't and to see healthy progress when its happening...(though if you wanna put journal , I would assume thats fine, I'm not a mod ;-) )

-edit-
Might have had some confusion about the clones I have and what not.

I started two mother Northern Lights Plants.
One indoor, One outdoor.
The plant outdoor started looking pretty bad so I put my focus on my indoor Northern Lights,
I cloned from my indoor, and waited for them to root, once they took root, I planted them outside, they did fine for a week, but my dogs got into my garden and ripped the two clones out (so only 1 Mother was left , outdoors)

Within the last two weeks, I purchased 2 clones. Both Purple Power Plant., I was going to grow them indoors, but just decided to throw them outdoors as the guy who sold them to me (my uncle), didn't think it would be worth mentioning that the plants were cloned from an outdoor mother, well, needless to say, My plants had aphids, mites.
So, I put them out doors, went and bought about 200 lady bugs, and let them go crazy, haha, well.
Bugs aren't too bad outdoors anymore right now...
(Curious Papasomni, Are bugs more prominent as a problem in Cold weather or warm, Im thinking warm, Im not sure because I would think during the warm weather , the bugs thrive, but during the cold, they are all gonna be looking for a warm place to hide at night, and I would assume thats probably going to be my closet, I saw a few bug traps and things at a few stores, should I pick a few of them up just to be on the safe side?)

I will be cloning the Northern Lights that are currently in the peatmoss when they are ready to have clones taken from them.
I will be growing 4 plants most likely. Hopefully germ and get them to pop out with a 200 watt CFL, Veg with a 400 watt MH, and flower with 600 watt HPS.

As for what strains I plan on using, well, I've got most of that settled out, It's probably going to be Northern Lights for the most part, with an occasional Indica Dominant strain other than NL in there, and maybe the occasional Indica/Sativa cross.

Thanks for all the help guys, greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I think now they've turned it into a community thread people will be posting their grows, there for making this thread a big journal :)

Prelude, DO NOT use a 400Watt bulb with a 600Watt ballast. From what I understand, that would be a big no no, your bulb might blow up. I'd rather be safe than sorry ya know? Now, unless you buy one of those digital ballast from NextGen, they are 400/600 switchable and can operate MH and HPS...which I plan to do myself in the coming months. My 400w ballast is switchable for MH & HPS, but not with a diff watt bulb. I am using my friends 600w ballast which is only an HPS, if I wanted to use a 600MH, I would have to get a conversion bulb. That really isn't practical for me, I don't have a big space so a 400w mh during veg is enough.

Also, for me, when I veg with my 400MH, I ALWAYS use the hood glass. The MH requires a "hot start" so they are more at risk for blowing up then the HPS's are. Ever notice when the power goes out, or flickers while the MH is on, it won't come on right away. It's some sort of safety mechanism. Usually after 15 mins, it's safe to turn back on. I've heard of people backing up their stuff w/ a UPS (un-interrupted power supply) just for that reason.

Also, Prelude...the suggestion to change the name was thrown out there. I just typed the first thing that came to mind. If your not happy with what they changed it to..you have the right. YOU started this thread, so you should have more say as to what it should be called. I do understand why it was suggested though. I joined this thing very late, so my vote shouldn't count at all lol. I didn't wanna start my own thread for self-serving purposes just to post pics. That is why I said earlier on, that I didn't wanna hi-jack your thread.

Well, Its not problem, I don't care if anyone Hi-jacks the thread, I mean, if someone wants to post pics of their plants, or needs to post pics for a diagnosis, go for it, thats what this thread is for, I think the name I stated earlier for the thread would work fine, lol (journal is just a word I dont use in my vocabulary often I guess :p )

Yeah, My ballast pretty much says dimmable - dual voltage, its aPHE600D (Phantom, 600 Watt ballast.)
Dont know if I could put a 400 watt bulb in there, but if I can't I wont...
I just haven't been able to find 600 watt MH bulbs ANYWHERE

hmmm..dimmable huh..I really don't feel comfortable making suggestions for that. I don't know much about them and do not know if it would be too much power for a 400 or not.

Try [No Sourcing - Chainer], they seem to have the best prices on bulbs. Also, if you ever buy a Red Eye Hortilux HPS, they did something to the online prices (MAP pricing) so these places HAVE to put those bulbs at a set price. I just got mine from cheaphydroponics.com (as well as some other stuff I needed) and on the website it was like $<No Prices- Chainer>then when you check out, it was around $<No Prices- Chainer>. I called them directly and he gave it to me for $<No Prices- Chainer>, he said he can do that for phone orders, but the internet pricing is set my the MFG. IDK, it's all so confusing sometimes HAHA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, can do 100%, 75%, 60%.
I wish I didnt have to pay shipping online, I'd buy things so much more often , lolol.

Well , I guess Ill look around in stored in different towns near here before buying online. thank you, ill save the page.

You'd be surprised, shipping isn't all that bad..depends on what ya order of course :). The store near me is about a 30-40 min ride and all the prices are inflated, so it's actually cheaper to buy online EVEN with the shipping :)

haha, wow , they don't make 600 watt mh bulbs, just conversion bulbs , pretty expensive as well, I wonder if it makes THAT much of a difference when growing, lol... guess Ill find out, and how long do I have to wait until I can put the seedlings under mh?

Status
Not open for further replies.