• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What does valium feel like?

StAyDr03d0uT

Greenlighter
So i just put 60mg of diazepam under my tongue because ive tried 20mg and it didnt work so the next day i tried 40 and didnt feel much. i usually went to sleep about 45min after taking them since i usually only have the desire to take them before bed. so now that im gonna be awake for a few hours (about 4)... how long will it take before i feel anything and what will it feel like (if i even do feel anything)?

Relaxed, tired, and you won't care about much, or worry about stuff.

for me it feels like alcohol, but alot smoother feeling of a buzz, muscle relaxation, decreased negative thoughts, worries, giggly.....and time flies, hours feel like minutes.

60mg sounds like alot but valiums give you a tolerance so fast you'll be to that dosage in no time

but you definitely shouldn't start at 60 if you have no tolerance

or remember the previous day/weekend.

60mg is a lot.

What's considered "a lot" varies depending on a person's tolerance to the drug. I can take over 100mg's and still be perfectly coherant and able to remember everything I do. But to answer the OP, Valium will make you relaxed, care-free, and probably tired due to its hypnotic (sedating) properties.

Sometimes the thing with benzos is, you don't think you're high...its a subtle feeling, its nice though, very hard to describe. 60mg is a high dose with no tolerance...I have a bit of a tolerance (to alprazolam, but a benzo is a benzo) and that would still be way more than I'd like to take at one time. I've actually taken about that much but I mixed valium and xanax (diazepam and alprazolam respectively) and just don't really remember much --- I know I tossed in some pot, but NO other drugs or alcohol, and the memory was still super fuzzy/more or less non-existant...be careful!

And speaking of local - I'm not from here, but I'm living in Buffalo right now too...dropped by a bar in south Buffalo tonight, this is one city that certainly knows how to celebrate St.Patty's!