• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

xanax vs oxycodone

Status
Not open for further replies.

cay

Bluelighter
I hate Opana, I do not get high off of it at all, I'm thinking of asking my doctor to put me on oxycotin, but oxycodone never really worked that great for the pain while the opana rocks worlds. So I was wondering if asking him for xanax for anxiety would get me what I love about oxycodone without having to be switched.

Any ideas what the xanax high is like compared to the oxycodone? If they are different, any suggestions on what I should ask my doctor to put me on?

for starters, many doctors are very reluctant to prescribe benzos, and opiates... but some do... ask your doc

Combing Xanax with your Opana probably isn't going to get you the type of high you'd get from Oxycodone. Oxycodone tends to be an 'up' high, on the stimulant side of opiates. The Xanax will just slightly potentiate the Opana high as well as making you very drowsy.

Dosing benzos and opiates did nothing other than send me off to nod land.

IMO Xanax is useless recreationally. Yeah, it makes you calm, mellow, and you get a great stoney sleep from it, but *IMO* there is zero euphoria or mood lift to come from it.

One is a benzo, which is usually prescribed soley for anxiety disorders while the other is an opiate prescribed usually for pain management. Do some research on here or wikipedia, it's not that complicated, no offense.

^+1

You're not going to get an opiate high from a benzo.

Well, my doctor and I were discussing and he said the effects of xanax were very similar to the Oxycodone high. I was also reading something to the same effect on wikipedia, so I figured I'd come here and confirm :D.

Really though, if I can't drink and I'm getting random UA's so I can't smoke, I'm just looking to have something that I can kick back and relax on. If xanax isn't the deal, do you guys have any suggestions sans fentanyl (bad trip)

I'm really confused by this post. Your talking about two completely different types of drugs. It's like asking if cocaine is stronger than heroin. It's not the same thing...

I don't understand how you are not getting high off opana ...so much better than any other pain med I have had, and I have had them all. Maybe its you body chemistry but god I would never switch to oxycodone if I was getting oxymorphine. And like everyone else says you are just gonna nod if you combine a benzo plus the added risk of sleep apnea and suffocation not a good idea. I think you just need to find more creative ways of digesting...did you try upping your fatty food intake before you take them that can help?

Ehh, It's what my doctor said, and honestly two different medicines can have a similar effect.

As mentioned above calm and drowsiness, but no mood (?).

Also cocaine and heroin not so much (one is an upper and one is a downer) a better analogy would be alcohol and heroin :D.

I actually thought I read it connected to the opiod receptors... maybe I'm thinking of the wrong medicine (though I know this is what I asked the doctor about)

Alprazolam, like other benzodiazepines, binds to specific sites on the GABAA gamma-amino-butyric acid receptor. When bound to these sites, which are referred to as benzodiazepine receptors, it modulates the effect of GABA A receptors and, thus, GABAnergic neurons. Long-term use causes adaptive changes in the benzodiazepine receptors, making them less sensitive to stimulation and less powerful in their effects.[49]

I don't understand how you are not getting high off opana ...so much better than any other pain med I have had, and I have had them all. Maybe its you body chemistry but god I would never switch to oxycodone if I was getting oxymorphine. And like everyone else says you are just gonna nod if you combine a benzo plus the added risk of sleep apnea and suffocation not a good idea. I think you just need to find more creative ways of digesting...did you try upping your fatty food intake before you take them that can help?

I have, I've tried drinking alcohol, and taking it as an anal suppository for higher BA (I'm not a fan of IV).

I get a warm feeling and that's it. Not high at all, not happy, not sad, no stress relief. I'm just me with a bit of inner warmth I'd be better off having 1x beer.

you gotta try the xanax for yourself and see how you like it. i am a bigger fan of benzos than opiates and i find the benzo's to be recreational(not really by themselves but i wouldnt suggest anything). opiates has a different effect that gives me a buzz but comes with nausea and its more of like a headache than a buzz to me. but everyone is different.

Dosing benzos and opiates did nothing other than send me off to nod land.

IMO Xanax is useless recreationally. Yeah, it makes you calm, mellow, and you get a great stoney sleep from it, but *IMO* there is zero euphoria or mood lift to come from it.

Yep.

Am out of my monthly oxys but still have 60+ xannies left. Not interested in sleeping, looking for NO PAIN yo. I keep them for the occasional anxiety attack only.

Your best bet would be to use your scripts for pain instead of chasing a high. Specially when your on something as potent as opana.

But I digress, try snorting it, I'm pretty sure it has a better ba then oral.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Your best bet would be to use your scripts for pain instead of chasing a high.

This.

Being on pain management, or any regimen requiring multiple-daily doses of opiates will ruin any chance of getting that euphoria you're looking for.

You can cheat it by upping the dose, adding benzos, potentiation, ect.. but there will come a time when it wont help treat your pain.. let alone get you high.

If you blow Opana you should get high. Maybe you have a huge tolerance for opiates and you have to use more Opana. I love Xanax, it would certainly do a nice job for you with the opana, but it wont help pain. Do not switch to oxycodone from Opana if opana helps your pain, that would be stupid. Good luck.

Are you going to a dr just to get high or for pain management? If your pain is managed you should be thankful. Don't get me wrong, I like to catch a buzz on my pain meds as well but if I could take one pill and never feel pain again and never be able to catch a buzz I would do it.

the trick is either take half a bar(or a whole) and one blue(or w,e oxycontin) you stay safe that way, no worries about overdosing and a pleasant euphoriahigh :)r

Stay away from benzo's is my advice. Bad news in the longterm. Opiates are somewhat bad, benzo's are REALLY bad and will fill you with anxiety by the time you are done with them.

we're mot here to help you trick your doctor into giving you more entertaining painkiller

Status
Not open for further replies.