Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Higher purity crystal methamphetine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm if thats the case after it was washed maybe I only sampled the unwashed stuff which was pebble sized shards. He may have referred to washing that of the same batch and recorded a tenth of a drop in weight after the wash.

I've never actually acetone washed shit cut with isop or any other of the new cutters which acetone doesn't remove - anyone who has - but does it look like after the wash?

Absolutely no change in weight OR appearance. This has happened with the last 4+ batches I've 'attempted' to wash, all or which i believe were different cutting agents(though very similar in ways). Fortunately, most of it is of fairly high purity(20-40%+). But in saying that, it has also been mentioned that these batches are supposed to be cut down again before they hit street level..

Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate fit..

Although getting a light blulb and doing all that stuff isnt going to be possible as well..due to people being around and what not thats why i was thinking a spoon...just grab the spoon go to the toilet put some gear on it and keep my mouth as close to it as possible to try catch all the smoke.. but dunno if it will work so thought i'd ask on here..

try using a shot glass, the thinner the better. I have used one when i was desperate once. Holding the glass in a horizontal type position like you wojld a pipe. Just remember to heat and melt up the meth using the side of the glass, down near the bottom. Dont melt the meth in the bottom of the glass cos it iwill be too thick and you will burn your meth and/or shatter the shot glass. i dont understand why u cant get a pipe. WHat state are you in? Here they are still easily available. I dont even no if they are banned here or not but it doesnt seem like it

I'm sure there's a fair amount of low quality stuff in general but I thought that it was mainly high quality meth coming from mexico. You'd think the superlabs would be making the majority and their interests would be to get it across as pure as possible, so they don't have to worry about smuggling in cuts or impurities. I think it just mainly depends where it goes after coming in, and how many people step on it down the supply line, which is exactly what you said. Definitely not an expert on this stuff though. There also seems to be more supply and competition than here, so cheaper prices and maybe an incentive to sell higher quality stuff? If the purity is a fair way less than 50% (like it is here) there's not much incentive for people to sell it very pure. *shrug*

Makes sense that we get a fair bit of stuff from asia (I wouldn't know personally) but its a fair distance for it to come, we don't have as much goods coming in by boat compared to the US, and our customs seem to be pretty good. Sharing a huge border with a country that has the producing power of mexico is a whole nother kettle of fish, but I don't think anyone is denying that.

Just from a quick scan of reports - US meth purity average: 70%, Street purity per gram: 35% -

Can't remember where I got the Australian info from, but I remember it being around 20%, which included larger seisures and street deals together.

I realize it depends who you know but I find this kind of thing interesting ;)

World Drug Report 2010 By United Nations Chapter 1.4 - http://www.unodc.org/documents/wdr/WDR_2010/1.4_The_global_ATS_market.pdf
the problem with those figures is that theres no international standard on how to document methamphetamine seizures. Australian authorities will include meth powder about to be pressed into pills, and the different forms of adulturated non smokeable meth (speed, base). Those forms would not be grouped together with crystal meth in the usa which accounts for the high purity wholesale figures. also it wasnt until only the last few years that crystal meth became the main form (around here at least), and meth in australia can mean snortable, eatable and smokeable forms. In usa meth is only really understood as smokeable, cos thet have only really had a smokeable meth market. had meth here, mexico and usa and the best i had there was the same as here

It's very unlikely it's freebase methamphetamine. For one thing, freebase is very volatile so you'll lose actual methamphetamine very quickly as soon as it's exposed to air (even in a baggie). I have seen a lot of commercial 'wet' methamphetamine and without fail it has been cut meth - usually with leftover solvent - never freebase. I have only ever heard of freebase methamphetamine being used by cooks as a novelty. That's not to say it doesn't get around, but I think it is very unlikely that's what you have (not impossible). I can't imagine any cook selling it as such, not only are they losing weight on their product every second it's out, but it's also harder to use (and sell in most cases) - plus, converting meth into its hcl salt is probably the easiest step of the whole synth. I can't imagine why anyone would stop when they had freebase, unless they wanted to try it as a novelty.
I agree with all of this.

You could try eating some, as freebase isn't water soluble so eating it should have no effect (whereas if it's just cut, it should still work orally).
I don't agree with this. Once it hits the stomach the HCl in the stomach will acidify it and absorption will be no problem. A drop in a small amount of water will not dissolve, so this could be tried.

Freebase will simply never be seen outside of a "lab" making the drug. Assuming a decent manufacture of 90%, 1ml of freebase oil, which is a tiny amount to be playing with, is just over a GRAM of near pure meth-HCl. Meth in that form would be frankly dangerous.

I tried to find the original post which started the discussion about this mystery substance that was gluggy but good. I hope I have that correct. I think meth is meant to be hygroscopic but the way most crystals are formed means they are sufficiently saturated with water molecules that they don't have this property. However, one time I obtained some excellent meth, which was very clear and had relatively small but properly formed crystals. In those days I crushed my meth, cut it 1:1 with glucose and snorted it, which is what I did with this stuff. After crushing, which was a disastrous idea, the powder started to become gluggier and gluggier, to the point where eventually it was a wet mess, like the sort of solvent filled stuff that people call "base". I was gobsmacked.

I doubt this was something it was cut with. The gear was too good for that. However, it is possible to produce meth-HCl crystals in anhydrous conditions, and if this occurred then it is likely that the resulting crystals would be far more hygroscopic, especially if crushed, which is not advised.

So that is one theory. If it smokes particularly nicely, doesn't leave a residue and is not too harsh then this could be it. I would be pretty cautious about vaporising meth which is in the sticky form containing solvent. You may want to put it in the oven first on a plate at about 90 degrees.

I know someone who has seen thouands upon thousands of lab results for seized meth, from tiny amounts to huge amounts. Purity varies widely. Some small amounts can be very high. Some jokers are running around peddling kilograms at 10%, which is baffling. A large seizure of 60 to 70% was described as some of the highest quality likely to be found. There is no doubt higher purities can be seen, 70 to 90%, but these were very rare and I suspect many of the smaller ones were from people washing their product as opposed to getting it completely uncut. This person has never seen a seizure that had the purity at over 90%. Purity has improved in recent years, after it went downhill.

I don't think these days you can ever be sure until you try it, which is not good at all. I certainly find marquis reagent helps though. People forget to use it for gear. Crush up a small amount if it is in ice/rock form and test with marquis. High purity meth-HCl will go very, very quickly to orange/brown. Weak gear, including gear that is cut with these insoluble cuts that we have recently been talking about, will not change colour quickly or much at all. It is preferable to crush a representative sample, perhaps a couple of points, and mix that up before testing a tiny amount.

I use marquis more for gear than pills these days.

Last edited:
do you guy's think ozie ice is cut with or most of it is 4-fa or 4-fma ?
mate I dun believe so. Specially when it would still be allot easier to make meth than purchasing large amounts of the fa and fma. Check out the drug busts thread, in it you wont find any articles on large seizures on those researsh chems aswell. There is a large amount on 'ice' seized. There would be some ice sold which would contain those chems, but they would mostly be the small end dealers or people who purchase these chems such very small amounts that occasionally some gets through.

The only time I have heard of meth freebase being used as is,. Is in the production of speed bombs (meth in pill form)

I don't agree with this. Once it hits the stomach the HCl in the stomach will acidify it and absorption will be no problem. A drop in a small amount of water will not dissolve, so this could be tried.

+1. In the contents of the stomach, methamphetamine will be protonated and the majority of it will stay this way throughout the body as it doesn't deprotonate until around pH 8 and the 50% point isn't until after pH 10.

try using a shot glass, the thinner the better. I have used one when i was desperate once. Holding the glass in a horizontal type position like you wojld a pipe. Just remember to heat and melt up the meth using the side of the glass, down near the bottom. Dont melt the meth in the bottom of the glass cos it iwill be too thick and you will burn your meth and/or shatter the shot glass. i dont understand why u cant get a pipe. WHat state are you in? Here they are still easily available. I dont even no if they are banned here or not but it doesnt seem like it

Oh no no i know theyre easily attainable..most sex shops here sell them...but the reason i cant really use a pipe is because where i'll actually be..a house full of people who just drink alcohol and dont take drugs so yer cant just have a pipe laying around in the bathroom or something as people will start with the questions and what not... but i like your idea of the shot glass, very clever i wouldnt have thought of that and i think i will go with it because who is going to question a humble shot glass :D thanks

^ Can't you just carry one with you? I guess it's harder for a bloke, as a chick I carried my crackie around in my handbag, but even so I knew blokes who carried theirs in their pockets or their sock or whatever, haha...

On the situation of people not having access to pipes has anyone had the smart idea to buy a box of test tubes and blow pipes yourself its quick and easy give it a shot!
Ive been doing this for years, Ive got my normal pipes (sweet puff etc) that i use myself, but since mates are either 1-to lazy to go get a new one or 2- cant get them at all or 3- keep smashing them and are to cheap to buy another one. They may not be your usual pipe but anyone can make them with little to no glass blowing experience, a box of 200 tubes cost about 80$ so you always have enough to practice getting it right. Hear is a quick guide on how to make a pipe (sorry mods if going of topic) buy a blow torch, a mini blowtorch or soldering torch and a welding glove from your local hardware store, once blow torch is lit spin the closed end of the tube in the flame (keep it spinning) once it is red hot and glowing (take's a few mins be patient) quickly remove from heat and take a deep breath and blow as hard as possible into the tube the closed end will turn into a bowl/bubble shape. Then using the mini torch keep the flame in one spot on the bowl and blow down the tube until u hear it pop! now u have a pipe! Now back on topic in the last few weeks Ive seen some very different shards floating about one batch looked more like sort of rounded stones then crystals, clean though and reasonably pure, and another batch that look almost like translucent glass shards but i was told it wasn't that good? has anyone noticed this?

I know a few iceheads who blow pipes, it's something to do during all those long days/nights of puffing =D

Appearance of shards can vary so much that it's almost meaningless, it doesn't take much % impurity to give your shards a different colour or whatever. That being said purer meth shards I've seen are usually more geometrically shaped and 3 dimensional too, like wonky squares, not flat and sharp. Got to love a good hunk of ice that goes clunk when you put it in the pipeski ;)

i love it when it goes snap crackle and pop in the glassware when being heated up mmm mmmmmmmm :)

I know a few iceheads who blow pipes, it's something to do during all those long days/nights of puffing =D

hehe funny you mention that ;)

Does anyone know, for when you're heating/blowing glass for pipe use. Is it better for it to let to cool naturally, or to speed up the process via water for overall use. Like does it effect the density?/duribiliy of the glass ect.

-And just to add, I'm certain that the method of cooling has nothing to do with heating metals and its effects, as it does with glass, as metals is what I started out with in my 'profession' in the first place (sorry if that sounded strange/cocky but if a little ***** atm :) )

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster here. I've recently been introduced to ice after occasionally using e's and speed. First time I tried was recently with friends of friends, had a puff or 2 ( I dislike smoking anything), thought it was ok, quite enjoyed the experience. Tried
railing it next time, wow, this is the shit. Seems far better value than other drugs, you literally need fuck all to get right off and it lasts forages. I'm aware of the addictive nature, won't be going stupid on it.

^^ has anyone ever said the opposite? :p

perths been flooded with imported stuff as of the last two months (so ever ones been sayin.. supposedly from china) and I dont know much about the shit I am currently gettin (nothings been mentioned of its original origin, but co-incidently its off asains), but its probably the best/some of the best gear I've ever had... and the price is cheaper than everything else I can get.. pretty much what I used to pay a year ago...

pretty much wackin a point will put you in dry reach mode and smoking, a point will last well over an hour

it will be interesting to see how/if the market changes now MDMA is flooding this big island of ours... price better drop n quality better rise :X

Status
Not open for further replies.