• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Utilising Kratom for Opiate Withdrawal

This post has been here a while so you may have already found answers. And I don't know how useful my input will be, as I have never had any trouble tapering down my tram usage. In fact, I use trams to get off other things. I taper down at a rate of 1/3 every three days (it requires razor blades to cut the pills or else powder them to stay precise with measurement). But if you can't taper down that way, I can share this: I am currently using trams and kratom to get off pod tea (daily consumption of tea for over two years). Aside from the first no-tea-day, when I just had to sleep (I get hit with paralyzing sleepiness as my first pre-WD symptom, so I have to arrange my schedule around an unavoidable 12-or-so hour nap depending on when the WDs proper kick in to wake me up), I have had some mild discomfort but nothing that required me to rearrange my schedule.

I take trams at midnight and 6 am, and kratom at noon and 6 pm. I started out at 100 mg tramadol and between 4 and 6 grams of kratom depending on the type. That held me, with some lope as needed. If I wait longer than 6 hours I start feeling WDs (and actually kratom doesn't quite hold me for 6 hours - I start yawning, sneezing, and getting some chills and leg cramps at about 5 hours, but it doesn't get so bad that I can't live with it for another hour). So my experience this time has been that I *can* replace a dose of trams with kratom. All I can say is, try replacing one of your tram doses with kratom and see what happens. Remember the saying that less is more with kratom. I did NOT expect 5 grams to hold me. But it has, for which I am profoundly grateful. But it might not hold everybody (I was kratom-naive before this taper).

So my tram taper would look like this, with me showing my math (when the percentages are too hard to get, I round up):
Days 1-3: 100 mg = 2 tabs 4xday
Days 4-6: 100/3 = 33.33; 100-33.3 = 66.77 mg, rounded up to 75 mg (1.5 tabs) 4x day
Days 7-9: 75/3 = 25; 75-25 = 50 mg (1 tab) 4x day
etc

The kratom taper looks the same way - reduce by 1/3 after three days, starting the fourth day reduce that new amount by 1/3, etc. My plan is *not* to stretch out the time in between doses but just to reduce the amount I take by 1/3 every three days, and keep the same dosing schedule. This has worked for me numerous times. And the kratom is helping stave off the crushing depression that I get when using just trams and lope to taper. It is truly a godsend. But it doesn't treat everybody the same way so YMMV. However, I have read in some thread somewhere that there can be a danger of seizures when mixing more than 150 mg per day of tramadol with kratom, so I would read around a bit more, and maybe wait on introducing the kratom until yo'uve tapered your tram dosage down a little. And I don't think I'd proceed by taking trams and kratom together at the same time - I would feel better about replacing a dose with kratom rather than combining them at the same dosing time. But I'm sure some people have done it, and I hope some of them chime in for you. (I have a benzo script and my benzo is protective against/raises the seizure threshold, so I just went for it on the schedule outlined here, but I don't know that what I'm doing is necessarily safe for everybody, so do your research).

Good luck.

The FDA and Feds' are gonna be all over this wonderful leaf coming soon...rat bastards

i started 2 days ago using kratom to stop taking tramadol......it works really well...but i feel like im in a fog...everything feels like a dream...is that normal? or am i dosing it wrong?

Do you have a good schedule that worked for you to taper? I really want to kick my 30mg methadone habbit. I am 11 days no methadone but I took 20mg lope yesterday because the kratom was not strong enough. I just took my morning dose of 5 grams green vein bali (I bought red vein. I dont know why they sent green?) and I feel 80-90% better. My problem is that I dont know if I should taper down the lope some more and stick to just kratom for I have read the lope will prolong my withdrawal as the kratom is not as bad about prolonging. I am trying to do this as painless as possible. I dont care if it takes six months if it is painless. I would love if someone had an easy taper program that worked for them (painless) because I have made it this far almost painless and would love to keep it that way. Also I am almost out of kratom and if my it doesnt come in the mail today I am fucked. I dont like the lope blurry vision but I will go back to that before the methadone. Like anyone I want my detox to be fast, easy, and painless.

That is a normal effect for me also. I like that feeling because it gives me ambition to keep my dream alive :)

You can't source here so we can't tell you where to go for kratom. A lot of folks here have used it to help get off harder stuff. There's a kratom megathread that should contain some good info for you. it's long but worth a read-through. Strains of kratom are somewhat subjective but there's some discussion of that at the mega thread. There's also discussion of how much kratom people have taken to get off various other things including methadone. Good luck.

hello, I need help, I'm luke, 29 Years from Italy. after a long opiate addiction I came to methadone, after 5 years of methadone are able to be cleaned.3 years ago but have relapsed into the problem and I started taking methadone, now I take 30 mg every daybut now I want to say enough is enough!I found this kratom, I would like to know if you can switch from methadone to kratom.
i read about the maeng da and red vein quality; i find a good seller from uk and i want to switch.
any advice on quantity?

hello, I need help, I'm luke, 29 Years from Italy. after a long opiate addiction I came to methadone, after 5 years of methadone are able to be cleaned.3 years ago but have relapsed into the problem and I started taking methadone, now I take 30 mg every daybut now I want to say enough is enough!I found this kratom, I would like to know if you can switch from methadone to kratom.
i read about the maeng da and red vein quality; i find a good seller from uk and i want to switch.
any advice on quantity?

I know your post is a little old and you probably got your answer but I have read several success stories about people using Kratom to get off Methadone and other meds. As far as dosage, that is something you need to determine through experimentation. I would start at 5 grams and go from there. There is a point where if you take too much, it kinda has the opposite effect. Less is more when it comes to Kratom.

Hello everyone,

I know this is an old post, but I hope that someone reads it and can give me a little help. I am planning to kick Subutex and want to use Kratom to help me in that process. I know that no one can mention where to purchase it, but I'm hoping someone can help me with what type to purchase and if price matters. I am not versed in Kratom use at all. I've only bought Premium Bali Capsules Once and it did okay, but I didn't stop taking my meds either.

I'm not on a high dose of Subutex at all. I'm currently taking 1.75 mg per day and am pretty sure I can get that down to 1 or almost that within a week or so. I've tapered very very slowly and haven't had any physical problems so far, but going without a dose is a different story altogether.

I just bought a bunch of Premium Bali Powder and am wondering if I should buy something stronger for the first week or so or even a different type in case the Bali doesn't work. I'm a little concerned because it cost literally half of what other stores charge. The page did say that they supply most of the stores on the internet so maybe I got lucky and just hit a wholesaler, but I don't know if I want to take that chance. I also don't really have a clue as to how much to take in order to keep WD symptoms at a minimum.

I really don't have time to try out different brands as I have a job interview tomorrow and could be back to work in the next month or so if I get lucky. I am not working now and have the time to be miserable if need be, but I would like to minimalize that as much as possible.

I also want to thank everyone who posted their experiences on this thread. I had been on other forums reading about how horrible Subutex withdrawl is even on low doses and I was close to a panic attack until I found this thread. I just don't have the money to keep paying doctors and even if I did, I am sick of being on this stuff. I want to be free!

kratom withdrawals are quite mild in comparison to harder opiates. you may feel a little malaise after quitting but not any severe severe physical discomfort.

kratom withdrawals are quite mild in comparison to harder opiates. you may feel a little malaise after quitting but not any severe severe physical discomfort.

I say this all the time, and people on this forum swear up and down that it's just as bad. I've had someone tell me that Kratom withdrawal was worse than heroin withdrawal. No, you'll feel sluggish, depressed, and not want to eat for about 2 days. After 3-4 days ALL symptoms are gone. I use about a kilo of high quality plantation kratom per month, and I have never ever had an issue with quitting, or running out due to poor planning.

There was even a time I did use extracts and FST daily for about 3 months, and when I quit it was no biggie. I feel like a lot of people who have "severe" kratom withdrawal has never had a true opiate withdrawal. There were times I thought that quitting a 5 gram a day hash habit was the most painful withdrawal you could go through, til I went through a 160mg oxy kick.

Kratom withdrawal is NOTHING compared to real opiates. If it was, it would be scheduled now, it would be piss tested for at jobs, and people would be showing up at methadone clinics if it was. It's about as bad as quitting a big coffee or cigarette habit.

I read a story about this person who was trying to quick Vicodin and Fentanyl.. This person wanted to quit so bad, did not want to be dependent on these two devils..
She started using because of should tear, Doctor gave script for Vicodin and Fentanyl patch like there was no tomorrow.. Soon she was addicted and was very scare of withdrawal symptoms, tried to quit so many times and sometime almost at goal line, she could not take the pain nor the depression and she started to use again... This went on for about 6 years.. She successfully quit twice, but because of shoulder and eventual surgery on shoulder, she got hooked right back.. Until one day the Doctor said no more, not going to give you any more meds for pain.. (This really sucked, who the f*** are these guys they give you the crap like nothing then just take it away..)
She still found ways to get but a lesser amount, she would count and recount the pills and tried to stretched it until she could get more..
Then she came across information about Kratom.. She order some, and this was a miracle for her, in two days she stop taking pills and no patches.. she took Kratom for about two weeks, no pain, no depression.. Just the want to feel high on pills.. this is something she could deal with.. After two weeks, she started taking less Kratom, until by week 3 none at all.. She felt a few minor body aches.. but nothing too bad... Yes, ladies and gentlemen, she describes Kratom as miracle plant.. Finally after 8 years she was clean... She states, if you are serious about quitting opioids give Kratom a try.. Hopefully it will continue to be legal..

I am on day 2 of kratom. So far so good. Oxycodone 10 mgs x 6 a day for at least 7 years. Does one know how long w/d should last?

yeah it works ! 100,000 views later still works ooo well DEA will make it illegal so you can shoot heroin ! or go to your doc and get addicted to oxy then suboxone ! yeahhahahhaa DEA all the way

On 7th day of kratom. I am over heavy oxy withdrawals now but kratom still helps. Low dose 3 x a day. Any comments. Please respond!

ubetcha, how'd it go? My hope is you started tapering ye K, like, immediately. Reputable multivitamins, balanced B complex, & nutritional supplements such as hi-% valerenic acid valerian caps, ditto kava can help in long-term... But that's covered elsewhere. K is best used in the short term. By day 10-12 (max) you should have reached zero. For many K's relatively benign--still, "relative"--capiche?

Mu receptors are tricksy lil' micro-thingies (sci term) & if they get lonely will point you at whatever's in reach. Even if the effect's not your cuppa, the old rule stands w/K & other mu-luvin' substances: "beware of exchanging one dependence for another." Your brain can get entangled w/a shocking range of chems, regardless of whether you go, "Mmmm... Nice." Best wishes for '15!

Off the Fent. - Here goes....

Day 12 was the toughest, didn't get much sleep that night and took some more kratom.

Surprisingly, the last two days have been much easier, I've reduced my intake to two times daily (about 3 grams at each 12 hours mark). It's day 14 today, and I got 7 hours of good sleep. I hope I am over the top now, although I am trying to not get too excited about it, knowing that methadone withdrawals linger much longer than that. This stuff does seem to be working for me though.

Although it does alleviate the most severe withdrawal symptoms, it really doesn't feel like a traditional opiate to me. Some of the effects are pleasant, but not enough to constantly push me into taking more of it. I do not seem to crave the effects of kratom, but it does alleviate cravings for methadone (and H).

In my subjective experience, it does have some different mechanism of action than simply agonising mu opioid receptors. Maybe the combined delta/mu agonism ? I also read somewhere that it may contain mu antagonists, maybe this speeds up the upregulation process ?

I also started feeling SSRI-like effects. These latter developped only after few days of daily use and seem to be more persistant than the opiate-like effects.

Then again, this is just my subjective experience. Also, my methadone dose was quite low for the last two years (< 10mg). That certainly makes things easier.

Glad I'm not the only one to notice SSRI effects. I have 8 ounces of Red Tai from a local herb shoppe. I have been on 50mcg/hr fent. Every 48 hr. for a couple years plus 90x 15mg oxycodones, however long they last. Usually 5 days. I'm 2 weeks out from oxy week so this will mostly be coming off the Fent. - I've been on much higher doses in the past but never knew about kratom, so I would just suffer, or find other so. I was off everything for a whole two years from 2007-2009! Then I broke my ankle severely and then severe right flank pain started. My pain doc is very cool, very straight fw. With what he will and won't do. Cash only place. Apparently the state I live in has some kind of total monthly limit of morphine eq. Dosing for one person and I was way over that from day one. Kind of weird considering how liberal this state is. Guess opiate policy doesn't follow political sentiment. The silver lining is that I'm not battling coming off a 100 -and a 50 patch combined every other day which is what he had me on 10 years ago! This is actually the first time I am coming up a full 8 days short of my appt. in two years. I think part of me wanted to be in this position just to see if I could do it. I'm also diabetic and experience low blood sugar crashes when I'm careless. These often are hard to tell from withdrawals but how rapidly it comes on. Massive sweating, weak, anxious, irritable to the max. So I'll eat first wait an hour, then I know. I have adderal 60mg a day which I'm going to back off as it doesn't seem to cause withdrawal believe it or not. I will then hopefully get a little energy boost for the mornings I feel like I just can't work.
Yes, I'm attempting to get off the patches with no time off work. I. Work from home is how this is possible. I usually take 1.5 - 2 tablespoons, at night before bed if possible, with no daytime dose. This pretty much knocks me on my ass, stops all withdrawal and allows for an amazing nights sleep. The next day I feel an almost opiate type well being with an undercurrent of first time SSRI use feel. My goal is to attempt little to no dysfunction detox off fent. Come next week when I keep my appt. and get all new scripts, the real challenge comes. Whether I can stash them, and the oxycodone away for, WWZ...or not. Is the dose of kratom too much? I've heard the dose determines whether a stim. Or opiate sedating affect, so I error-red toward sedating/opiate. If I can get away with less I will, as it tastes like shite. Please don't bother with advice on maintaining sobriety while continuing on adderal. I can go days without adderal without going crazy To find some. I get that I'm playing with fire. This is exploratory in nature. I will let y'all know if I get clear, and stay clear. Luckily fent. Is very short acting but via a long acting roa. I think that's "lucky" ? .... Peace out

Are you still stuck? The last mile can be the hardest. Maybe try reducing super slowly? One time I dragged it on for a long time, and then it turned out I was probably clear much sooner or could have been. If your using scheduled, go to as needed for sleep at night only.

Hi. I have a pretty big heroin problem and I'm sick of it. I'm tired of spending all my money, tired of feeling like shit, and tired of being a waste. I've tried many times to quit but I just can't take the w/ds. I've recently bought a few kinds of kratom to give it a shot. I got meang da, red vein, and green. My first time so I thought I would experiment alil. Upon reading these posts I fear this may not be strong enough. None of the following is a lie because really want to get off and any input/advice would be great. I don't shoot I snort but I use anywhere from a brick (50 bags) to 80 bags a day. I've seen ppl post about 10x, 15x, and extracts. What would be best for me to try? I'll keep my other kinds of kratom to try n taper off. Money is not an object so any kinds, anything expensive or not please share. Thank u