• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Concerning Mylan Klonopin and how it has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppyplanet

Bluelighter
I know this has been covered but not enough, in my opinion, sorry mods. But has anyone noticed, especially in the last year or so, that mylan klonopin is ALOT weaker than other brands. And no, it's definetly NOT my tolerance. I know that by my own calculations and experiences with this benzo. I think poeple should start complaining to whoever controls this and put a quick end to it. For only ONE example of my theory, I can take 1mg of xanax and feel a good sigh of anxiety relief while I need at least 10mg of mylan klonopin, when klonopin is supposse to be another superior type benzo. And mind you, this is after the 2 hour peak plasma blood level. It just doesn't add up. I've taken the name brand before WHILE having a klonopin tolerance and they don't even compare, so something fishy is definetly going on. Thanks for reading, Any thoughts?

Don't know for clonaz, but I had some Mylan alpraz (.25mg ones) and it was ok, did the job.

Cant say I've had the experience with Mylan Klonopin, but i have thought/said/maybe even posted the same thing about my generic xanax rx..

I think tis is the way benzos are :( One day it's just... not the same at all.

not a big fan of the mylans, i cringe when i go to the pharmacy and look in my bottle and see that is what i got.

although i started going to another pharmacy last year and they have had the tevas. i like them much more. although im sure its just all in my head

Any thoughts?

I won't take clonazepam because I get paradoxical reactions, it's really nothing special in the world of benzos.

If you don't like a generic brand get a different generic or a brand name. You can choose your manufacturer of your medication, you know that right?

I've never had any issues with this brand. Like Caption H said, you CAN request another brand/generic. Next time I get this kind, I'll pay more attention to it and how it makes me feel (in comparison).

Thanks guys. I just got the Tevas. I'll come back on and let you know how they were compared to the other generics I usually get. Thanks again for your advice Captain Heroin.

I got a bottle of 5mg diazepam tablets by Mylan, they still effect me fine. I only have one left and probably won't take it, I don't like how groggy I get in the morning.

The temazepam I get is manufactured by Mallinkrodt and it is spot on!

Thanks guys. I just got the Tevas. I'll come back on and let you know how they were compared to the other generics I usually get. Thanks again for your advice Captain Heroin.

Cool, let us know how it goes.

I am not sure if this thread is going to stay in OD but I won't close it for now. I think it's OK to discuss this as long as it doesn't get to be the same old "no it is" "yuh huh" argument.

If you also don't like the Teva's I would suggest switching to an equivalent amount of lorazepam (2x as much) - I think it would work better IMO, but then again some people have bad reactions to one benzo over another.

How long have you been taking clonazepam?

This isn't really going to get anywhere. It's probably just placebo. I've never noticed a difference between different generic benzodiazepines, since the effects of benzos are so subtle anyway. The ONLY generic difference I "think" I've felt is Mallinkrodt Hydrocodones. But that's also probably placebo. If not, it could be a difference in rate of absorption due to different types of binders and fillers in generic pills.

This isn't really going to get anywhere. It's probably just placebo. I've never noticed a difference between different generic benzodiazepines, since the effects of benzos are so subtle anyway. The ONLY generic difference I "think" I've felt is Mallinkrodt Hydrocodones. But that's also probably placebo. If not, it could be a difference in rate of absorption due to different types of binders and fillers in generic pills.

These are all very probable explanations SW!

Yes, I once had some generic bromazepam over the Roche ones (bromazepam is the first prescribed benzo in France), and due to binders and fillers I couldn't let them dissolve sublingually like the Roche's. Apart from that, they were the same.

Well I've been eating the Teva brand for the last few hours and yes, believe it or not, they are better than mylans. And no, it's not placebo. I know my own body, especially after all the years of experimentation I've done on it. I would switch benzos but my benzo of choice is and always was xanax and until I find a doctor to cater to that decision, I'll stick with the K pins. Thanks again.

Klonopin is one of the few meds where the different generics seem to be totally inconsistent with eachother. I was on the brand for 2 years until I lost my good insurance plan, and now im forced to get the generic. The first generic I tried was the PurePac ones, and they might as well have been sugar pills. The Sandoz and Caraco ones are alright, but still noticably weaker. The ones made by Teva seem to be the closest in quality to the brand name ones. In the northeast, particularly New York, CVS and Rite Aid carry the teva brand, Walgreens carries the Caraco, and Duane Reade carries the Sandoz. Ive never had the Mylan ones, but my friend told me they suck compared to the Teva/Brand. And maybe its just me, but the brand seemed to produce a slightly different (better) feeling than any of the generics. I think it has more to do with how the pills are formulated and break down in your body than the actual ammount of clonazapam in them. But yeah, Teva is definetly my favorite generic.

last year i was watching PCN (Pennsylvania Cable News) and they were showing the states congress or whatever it is called like they normally do. but this time i watched it because i thought it was interesting.

it was about benzo generics, i couldnt believe it! they had people testify or whatever that their child/husband/wife/relative/friend who had seizure disorders mainly, but there was another disease or disorder they talked about also.

all of them said the same thing, that their generic anti-seizure medicine didnt work well at all, specificlly vali-stat or something like that (valium in a needless syringe, to put up your bum) and klonopin. they were arguing that some state law hinders their ability to get the name brand.

so according to these 30+ people who testified generics were no where near as good as the name brand vali-stat and klonopin when it came to controlling seizures

i thought this might be helpful for someone

I have taken a great deal of benzos in my day ( think ten bars in the morning with my coffee ) and in my experience Mylan Clonazepam is less than half as effective as Teva or brand name. On the other hand, Mylan Alprazolam is excellent - my second favorite next to those Banana Bars... Just my two cents but I have done extensive personal research on this matter and I believe that PoppyPlanet is without a doubt completely correct.

This gets discussed very often, and I have even believed it myself... so I would recommend getting a different generic (Caraco is the one I settled on), or just getting the name brand ones.

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY i wondered the same fuckign thing!
last month...they changed my clonz scipt to this mylan stuff and i thought it was weaker too but i thought it was my head just fucking with me.....is there any way to argue with ur dr or pharmacy(is it ur dr who picks or the pharmacy?)...........the onthery ones said pms i think right?...my xanax changed too

Last edited:
I noticed the same thing. I am not one of those people who believe that brand name works better than generics, but Mylan Klonopin fucking sucks. It seems like one pill may be .5mg then another pill may be 2mg, the quality fucking sucks. I switched to another generic brand, just ask your pharmacist and they should order you a different brand if you want.

I can definitely say there is a difference in most of the generic medication manufacturers. I've had recent and current experience with Mylan Diazepam 5mg and Clonazepam 1mg. In my opinion the Teva brand generic Clonazepam is more effective than Mylan. I just refilled my script of clonazepam and forgot to request Teva's and now I'm stuck with a whole bunch of Mylans.

The Diazepam, Mylan, was noticeably weaker than my previous brand, can't remember the who made them, but they were not name brand. I've only tried name brand Vicoden, Percocet, Ritalin, Adderal, and Dexedrine.

There is also a difference in ritalin generics. I like the ones I get from CVS the most.

Peace and love

Etherbunny

Status
Not open for further replies.