• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

The bellringer... why does it occur?

Low BP does seem to be one cause, i've to take tizanidine, a fairly strong alpha2 adrenoreceptor agonist, after some buggered up surgery that left me with nerve damage, and its fairly reliable that if I stand up too quickly, before I pass out completely, my ears will ring.

I haven't really followed this thread, but something people should be aware of is during a bellringer you are pretty much completely deaf as well, and any sounds you do hear are significantly distorted in pitch.

Anyone who is familiar with IV cocaine , or crack cocaine , knows that the thing we are striving for is a bellringer. I've always been curious as to pharmacologically why this effect occurs...

Obviously most people on this forum are familar with DRI's and their basic effects, but i'm curious as to why doesn't this effect occur with other DRI's . I've been experimenting with MPH extractions (theres my thread about it in the OD directory under concerta) and I can tell that MPH will never cause a bellringer.

Does it have to do with DAT receptor affinity for the drug, as well as how fast it crosses the BBB? I'm guessing so, as MPH for example takes 30 seconds to fully hit after an IV shot. Cocaine works very fast and I know has strong DAT affinity...

As for the bellringer experience itself... the higher pitched sounds, tunnel vision, etc. , is that caused by super high DAT (and possibly 5HT levels) resulting in super strong perception?

If this isn't the right forum please move it, but I didn't think OD or BDD would be appropriate.

Thanks!

-lenses

Hey sorry I?m not familiar w a lot of these terms. DAT, BDD, DRI. You can see by my user name I joined this site bc I am wanting to find answers about why this occurs. From an older post which is now archived in regards to this subject (it?s from 2007) everyone seemed to think it was due to a rapid increase in blood pressure... that makes no sense to me bc as someone who suffers w high blood pressure and has dealt w quite rapid changes, I can?t imagine this would be the cause. Also, it feels amazing when you get the ringing and the taste and numbness in your mouth. It does not feel good when you have tinnitus as a result of high BP.. going to keep reading just wanted to see if someone could clarify those abbreviations for me!

Did this experience feel good? With the sudden rush of blood to your head and your ears ringing? I?m assuming no (sorry if it sounds unsympathetic to your experience, I?m very sorry you went through that and hope you?re ok, just trying to research by gathering as much info from individuals). I guess doctors don?t have a clear definition of why this occurs bc most of them aren?t shooting coke. The reason I ask if this ringing you experience felt good is bc when shooting blow, you are looking to get the ringing sensation. You know it?s a good hit when you get it. Now I?m not sure if it?s the overall feeling of your body that feels good, or the what is causing the ringing.

Believe it or not, no one but God or least no one I know and that includes everyone here knows how or why bellringers occur. We think we know they occur b/c when freebase cocaine users smoke a largish portion of cocaine paste in theirr crack pipe, they tell us that they hear a but do we really know how a bellringer occurs? No, the shocking truth is that medical science is far from a complete world viewing system and it is only one approach to tackingly knowledge systematically and a relatively novel one at that.

First, what do we know about the bellringer. Well, we know they often happen when the user smokes a big hit of crack, especially if the crack is relatively pure compared to the purity of crack that the user is used to gettting.

Also, we know many drug users say they are trying to get HIGH by using drugs. For whatever reason, the freebasers I talked to said it was a good sign they were getting a bell ringer when trying out a hit of crack b/c it meant they were getting uncommonly geeked (ie high on usually cocaine or sometimes just amp, whatever upper u got really).

What is HIGH? It is an inner feeling of wanting to repeat whatever just happened such as inhaling 40 dollars worth of cocaine vapor.

Why would anyone get HIGH? No one really knows who will get addicted or to what or why or how just that if they do they dont ever want to stop gettting high to try to feel str8 again.

Is being STR8 a good feelling? Well it can be. It just depends on what your looking for. to a high person i mean just someone who learned how to get high to make themselves feel better.

neway STR8 is so boring as to seem like torture for the ADDerall and it is indeed a seemingly arduous aka STEEP--which also means to soak something like my naked body in something else like our like green bathtub

Do you have ADD? No, I can out add subtract multiply divide and transform u and ur crew til the cows come home but fuck u dont fuckin know how aspirin works! You swallow the little white pill, it dissolves, in your stomach, and your pain may or may not go away. You don't always know as much as you think you know, so keep it real (don't act). Cuz im tellin u homie once u lived life on the family estate like a BRAHMIN that you was born to be and cant be nuthin else but that if you tried, you won't be livin in no fuckin half way house walking to mcdonalds trying to save u up 4 dollars to get you another pack of cigarette.

cuz that's what u are andrew ur a str8 up cigarette A FAG that kills easier than is killed and is a bitch to get rid of plus u taste good and everybody that knows u which is only god

are cigarettes killers? not really, they take 15 years off the last part of your life sometimes but if yous an ADDICT u need to do & u prolly LUV SUCKING DICK too, gaffe (yeh i kno i do oh yeh what u gone do about it maybe ill suck on your man's too biatch!!! lol profanity

a fag is just a stick, and a stick is a tool not unliike a model SNIFF GLUE u got my thinkin train of thought now? I dont really think about it, that boi always be rollin, ballin, smoked out, drinkin somethin. HE DONT GO DOWN ez. He is a love! we lost the farm when the cancelled beavis and butthead, luke

There is wisdom here. Word Dresden althoug it's from 2010.

Wisdom? like calling people a fag? (I bet I'd get a formal warning from a mod if *I* called someone 'fag' or 'faggot', or advising someone to huff glue/solvents.

Saying people 'luv sucking dick' ? and talking what is obviously utter, abject fucking shite about tobacco smoking not being killers.

Dresden is full of shit. He is a liar, and a danger to other BLers.

I cannot think of anybody else on this forum who gets the special treatment Dresden is for some reason, afforded. Stupidity should be no defense to the charge of putting other BLers in danger.
All I can say is that he is lucky I am not a mod. Because otherwise, Dresden would live up to his namesake city, circa 1940s.

Did this experience feel good? With the sudden rush of blood to your head and your ears ringing? I?m assuming no (sorry if it sounds unsympathetic to your experience, I?m very sorry you went through that and hope you?re ok, just trying to research by gathering as much info from individuals). I guess doctors don?t have a clear definition of why this occurs bc most of them aren?t shooting coke. The reason I ask if this ringing you experience felt good is bc when shooting blow, you are looking to get the ringing sensation. You know it?s a good hit when you get it. Now I?m not sure if it?s the overall feeling of your body that feels good, or the what is causing the ringing.

The ringing is caused by a sudden rush onset of blood pressure and the result is tinnitus. It is actually one of the first signs of an overdose although not necessarily yet fatal. The euphoria of the rush of dopamine in your brain makes the ringing and nausea an extremely enjoyable experience (some say the best rush there is) - which is why people often say they are shooting for a bell-ringer. Every time people IV cocaine - it's a game of how close to overdose (seizure) they can get without an actual overdose. Best bet is to not do it - ever. You don't hear of too many IV cocaine addicts. Why? -because most of them are dead.

Wisdom? like calling people a fag? (I bet I'd get a formal warning from a mod if *I* called someone 'fag' or 'faggot', or advising someone to huff glue/solvents.

Saying people 'luv sucking dick' ? and talking what is obviously utter, abject fucking shite about tobacco smoking not being killers.

Dresden is full of shit. He is a liar, and a danger to other BLers.

I cannot think of anybody else on this forum who gets the special treatment Dresden is for some reason, afforded. Stupidity should be no defense to the charge of putting other BLers in danger.
All I can say is that he is lucky I am not a mod. Because otherwise, Dresden would live up to his namesake city, circa 1940s.

Didn't know that, I have an excuse I was drunk when I read it and rereading it, it's far from wise.
But it has some things that I thought cool, like the
"What is HIGH? Is being STR8 a good feelling?
a fag is just a stick, and a stick is a tool not unliike a model SNIFF GLUE u got my thinkin train of thought now?"

I read it like a poetic rant not an informative piece of words so see it in that light, it was better ethanolized. So a poetic stupor rant but a good one at the right time.

I bet I'd get a formal warning from a mod if *I* called someone 'fag' or 'faggot', or advising someone to huff glue/solvents.
He aint name calling anyone fag in this piece or advising to sniff glue, right.

Back to topic anyone experienced with bellringers from tobacco it certainly raises bloodpressure to a significant degree i assume, when a large dosage is inhaled. And if so do they resemble the so called bellringer of freebase cocaine. I never slammed coke or smoked crack.