• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

The bellringer... why does it occur?

jamshyd said:
Try English. It helps sometimes.

ZING@! ;)

However, isn't there something to be said for the relative absence of reference to "bell-ringers" in speech communities of methamphetamine users...in comparison to groups of cocaine users? But you could easily be right: speed and intensity of onset could be the relevant factors here.

ebola

I did notice a similarity recently on oral meth getting worse vision temporarily( maybe just tracers would probibly be so strong, turning more blind. but it was in the middle of the day is why.) and some BL meth trip report has some guy talking about bad vision after taking a shot. (this may have been do to also other drugs in my system with impurities in the dope)

it may have something to do different pharmicological shock reponses to DA/NE releases also with the opaite potentiation thing with dlpa.

8o / %) + :eek: / :!

I read somewhere on bluelight that a bell-ringer was only the effect of excessive blood pressure in the ear. If that is true, then each bell-ringer is a stroke in the making.

The reason why some people like a bell-ringer per se is because of association. A bell-ringer will occur with strong shots. A strong shot = strong rush of pleasure. Therefore bell-ringer = strong rush of pleasure.

This is the same way as some people come to like putting a needle into their veins, though there's nothing intrinsically pleasurable about sticking yourself with a needle.

Regarding vision, stims increase the pressure within the eye. It may happen that too much pressure is exerted upon the nerve and temporary *loss of vision* may occur. Very scary. An eye doctor can see whether such mishap is likely in your case. Something with the " eye chamber" being deep enough or not.

To AnyCouponWorks: you injected 0.5 grams of C at one go? You're lucky the coke was not high-grade or you would be dead. 0.3 is the maximum.

Last edited:
I doubt it has much to do with pharmacology.

I've had "bell ringers" IVing coke.

I also had "bell ringers" wandering through angkor (sober).

It is called "being stunned".

Try English. It helps sometimes.

Is it not true that "being stunned" has a pharmacological profile of its own?

Sense -> Stimulus -> Neurological Reaction

Drugs can replace the stimulus; in fact in the case of stimulants and sedatives (well, most things other than psychedelics which I'd probably categorise slightly differently), that's the point of them: to emulate the sense-based stimulus that would otherwise cause that state of consciousness.

Just something to consider, I'm no neurologist.

^ Actually, I was referring to something very much like this, especially when I used the word "traumatized" (thanks xxl):

I read somewhere on bluelight that a bell-ringer was only the effect of excessive blood pressure in the ear. If that is true, then each bell-ringer is a stroke in the making.

The reason why some people like a bell-ringer per se is because of association. A bell-ringer will occur with strong shots. A strong shot = strong rush of pleasure. Therefore bell-ringer = strong rush of pleasure.

This is the same way as some people come to like putting a needle into their veins, though there's nothing intrinsically pleasurable about sticking yourself with a needle.

Regarding vision, stims increase the pressure within the eye. It may happen that too much pressure is exerted upon the nerve and temporary *loss of vision* may occur. Very scary. An eye doctor can see whether such mishap is likely in your case. Something with the " eye chamber" being deep enough or not.

To AnyCouponWorks: you injected 0.5 grams of C at one go? You're lucky the coke was not high-grade or you would be dead. 0.3 is the maximum.

Believe it or not, no one but God or least no one I know and that includes everyone here knows how or why bellringers occur. We think we know they occur b/c when freebase cocaine users smoke a largish portion of cocaine paste in theirr crack pipe, they tell us that they hear a but do we really know how a bellringer occurs? No, the shocking truth is that medical science is far from a complete world viewing system and it is only one approach to tackingly knowledge systematically and a relatively novel one at that.

First, what do we know about the bellringer. Well, we know they often happen when the user smokes a big hit of crack, especially if the crack is relatively pure compared to the purity of crack that the user is used to gettting.

Also, we know many drug users say they are trying to get HIGH by using drugs. For whatever reason, the freebasers I talked to said it was a good sign they were getting a bell ringer when trying out a hit of crack b/c it meant they were getting uncommonly geeked (ie high on usually cocaine or sometimes just amp, whatever upper u got really).

What is HIGH? It is an inner feeling of wanting to repeat whatever just happened such as inhaling 40 dollars worth of cocaine vapor.

Why would anyone get HIGH? No one really knows who will get addicted or to what or why or how just that if they do they dont ever want to stop gettting high to try to feel str8 again.

Is being STR8 a good feelling? Well it can be. It just depends on what your looking for. to a high person i mean just someone who learned how to get high to make themselves feel better.

neway STR8 is so boring as to seem like torture for the ADDerall and it is indeed a seemingly arduous aka STEEP--which also means to soak something like my naked body in something else like our like green bathtub

Do you have ADD? No, I can out add subtract multiply divide and transform u and ur crew til the cows come home but fuck u dont fuckin know how aspirin works! You swallow the little white pill, it dissolves, in your stomach, and your pain may or may not go away. You don't always know as much as you think you know, so keep it real (don't act). Cuz im tellin u homie once u lived life on the family estate like a BRAHMIN that you was born to be and cant be nuthin else but that if you tried, you won't be livin in no fuckin half way house walking to mcdonalds trying to save u up 4 dollars to get you another pack of cigarette.

cuz that's what u are andrew ur a str8 up cigarette A FAG that kills easier than is killed and is a bitch to get rid of plus u taste good and everybody that knows u which is only god

are cigarettes killers? not really, they take 15 years off the last part of your life sometimes but if yous an ADDICT u need to do & u prolly LUV SUCKING DICK too, gaffe (yeh i kno i do oh yeh what u gone do about it maybe ill suck on your man's too biatch!!! lol profanity

a fag is just a stick, and a stick is a tool not unliike a model SNIFF GLUE u got my thinkin train of thought now? I dont really think about it, that boi always be rollin, ballin, smoked out, drinkin somethin. HE DONT GO DOWN ez. He is a love! we lost the farm when the cancelled beavis and butthead, luke

Believe it or not, no one but God or least no one I know and that includes everyone here knows how or why bellringers occur. We think we know they occur b/c when freebase cocaine users smoke a largish portion of cocaine paste in theirr crack pipe, they tell us that they hear a but do we really know how a bellringer occurs? No, the shocking truth is that medical science is far from a complete world viewing system and it is only one approach to tackingly knowledge systematically and a relatively novel one at that.

First, what do we know about the bellringer. Well, we know they often happen when the user smokes a big hit of crack, especially if the crack is relatively pure compared to the purity of crack that the user is used to gettting.

Also, we know many drug users say they are trying to get HIGH by using drugs. For whatever reason, the freebasers I talked to said it was a good sign they were getting a bell ringer when trying out a hit of crack b/c it meant they were getting uncommonly geeked (ie high on usually cocaine or sometimes just amp, whatever upper u got really).

What is HIGH? It is an inner feeling of wanting to repeat whatever just happened such as inhaling 40 dollars worth of cocaine vapor.

Why would anyone get HIGH? No one really knows who will get addicted or to what or why or how just that if they do they dont ever want to stop gettting high to try to feel str8 again.

Is being STR8 a good feelling? Well it can be. It just depends on what your looking for. to a high person i mean just someone who learned how to get high to make themselves feel better.

neway STR8 is so boring as to seem like torture for the ADDerall and it is indeed a seemingly arduous aka STEEP--which also means to soak something like my naked body in something else like our like green bathtub

Do you have ADD? No, I can out add subtract multiply divide and transform u and ur crew til the cows come home but fuck u dont fuckin know how aspirin works! You swallow the little white pill, it dissolves, in your stomach, and your pain may or may not go away. You don't always know as much as you think you know, so keep it real (don't act). Cuz im tellin u homie once u lived life on the family estate like a BRAHMIN that you was born to be and cant be nuthin else but that if you tried, you won't be livin in no fuckin half way house walking to mcdonalds trying to save u up 4 dollars to get you another pack of cigarette.

cuz that's what u are andrew ur a str8 up cigarette A FAG that kills easier than is killed and is a bitch to get rid of plus u taste good and everybody that knows u which is only god

are cigarettes killers? not really, they take 15 years off the last part of your life sometimes but if yous an ADDICT u need to do & u prolly LUV SUCKING DICK too, gaffe (yeh i kno i do oh yeh what u gone do about it maybe ill suck on your man's too biatch!!! lol profanity

a fag is just a stick, and a stick is a tool not unliike a model SNIFF GLUE u got my thinkin train of thought now? I dont really think about it, that boi always be rollin, ballin, smoked out, drinkin somethin. HE DONT GO DOWN ez. He is a love! we lost the farm when the cancelled beavis and butthead, luke

Damn man, hittin the pipe a little hard, ey? Reminds me of bling bling from bum fights...

-lenses

Damn. Yous as high as a motherfucker on that rock. Or at least you were. For about 4 and a half minutes. Enjoy that cycle. I know I did, for a while at least...

Damn man, hittin the pipe a little hard, ey? Reminds me of bling bling from bum fights...

-lenses

haha my thoughts exactly, i wonder if he's off crapping what looks like raw egg into an old shoe:)

During sessions, where I lay down on my bed, close my eyes and inhale 2-3x N2O cream chargers in fairly fast succession (over, say 4 minutes) I also get the bellringer - i think?

The bellringer is auditory hallucinations, right?

The N2O gives me sort of a spin-ish, euphoric high, which develop into something like a shortlived ketamine dissociation. When returning, I hear this metallic ringing in my ears - ding ding ding ding ding like a distorted bell. It passes within 1 minute usually, but returns if dose is repeated. Kinda weird..

--------

I believe this should have it's own topic, entitled "Ring the Alarmbells - Crack & Philosophy 101 - starring guest speaker Dresden"

Last edited:
i was just about to mention the "bell ringer" sensation from rapid nitrous inhalation, i have found it very similar to that of smoking crack cocaine.

Cocaine is quite ototoxic, the bellringer phenomenon may be a result of that.

i was just about to mention the "bell ringer" sensation from rapid nitrous inhalation, i have found it very similar to that of smoking crack cocaine.

Yes people say doing whippets gives them the same audio distortion from IVing cocaine. I don't get it from dextro-methamp when slamming personally though, but I do from IV coke. Never smoked coke, crystal (though slammed both) or inhaled nitrous oxide (whippets)

I think it's caused by anesthetics. Accidental IV injection of lidocaine supposedly causes it, as do anesthetic solvents such as chloroform (very consistently and very strongly).

Well do anaesthetics cause sigma agonism? Saying its caused by anaesthetics doesn't say anything about the action of anaesthetics; chloroform isn't an external/internal sodium channel blocker to block the voltage gated action potential of sodium channels is it?

I have experienced bell ringing with smoked JWH-250 accompanied with the notorious N2O metallic wah-wah sound, CEVs and full body vibrations/euphoria. I wonder if it suggested similar effects like IV cocaine or DXM/meth/dmt...?

I did not have side effects like headache or pressure on ears (the latter I had with big hits of MDPV. I think it was a result of high blood pressure. As another one stated also tinnitus!)

Yes people say doing whippets gives them the same audio distortion from IVing cocaine. I don't get it from dextro-methamp when slamming personally though, but I do from IV coke. Never smoked coke, crystal (though slammed both) or inhaled nitrous oxide (whippets)

Well IME only IV coke does it. Not smoked coke freebase. Not IVed meth. Not inhaled nitrous. I've done them all, and although nitrous does produce a "sound effect", it is not the same. The coke "bell" is actually more like the sound of a sledgehammer hitting an anvil in the middle of a symphony theater.

It is worthy of mention that the above effect is usually acompannied with an "eye flicker" effect. Remember those CRT monitors? Remember when you press the framerate refress button? It is similar to that, at last IME.

All of this, to me, is a sign of the body faltering in order to deal with the sudden burst of stress it's been subjected to.

did not inject. never have injected anything. snorted it. i do not have enough experience w coke to know if .5 gram in 10 minutes snorted is enough to od for a person who's done it less than 10 times. when i did it i certainly didnt think it was going to be a problem based on previous experiences but i definetely think it was purer than any other time i had done it. i've done an entire gram before alone just not at once, over a few hours.

all i know is that it was way way too much for me, terrifying in many ways and it has effectively killed any and all desire to ever do it again. i never liked it much in the first place but every time i relive that night i get chills down my spine.

again poppys and dlpa, rining in the ears so bad that people said the combo must be bad for my hearing