• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine How can I protect my nose and avoid embarrasing bleeds?

ledhead

Bluelighter
Basically like the title said, I've been snorting alot of yayo lately and my nose is starting to get fucked up. I was in a meeting at work yesterday, I started sneezing really bad so I got up to go to the bathroom. I left just in time because my nose started dripping a fair amount of blood on the floor of the stall...

I've lost a retarded amount of weight over the last few months previously from opiates and now from the blow, and a nose bleed at the wrong time in front of the wrong people could raise some suspicion. If I were to get popped with a UA I would fail quite epically as I've been smoking a fair bit of pot too.

How can I prevent these nosebleeds? They only seem to happen after a few days of heavy use, if I just do a gram or two over the course of a night I'm usually good. I don't really want holes in my nose either, so any advice on preventing damage and reducing the risk of bleeds? Aside from the obvious of course...don't tell me to stop doing coke!

Don't snort that much cocaine, and get better quality coke. 2 grams of cocaine in a night is a lot.

The only way you can prevent a "hole in the nose" is to not dose cocaine intranasally very often, and to not do it compulsively. The problem with that idea is that's exactly how people love to dose cocaine.

"Don't tell me to stop doing coke!" - well, stop doing heavily cut coke. That should help. Or, stop doing it as much as you have been.

-> Cocaine Mega Thread

Basically like the title said, I've been snorting alot of yayo lately and my nose is starting to get fucked up. I was in a meeting at work yesterday, I started sneezing really bad so I got up to go to the bathroom. I left just in time because my nose started dripping a fair amount of blood on the floor of the stall...

I've lost a retarded amount of weight over the last few months previously from opiates and now from the blow, and a nose bleed at the wrong time in front of the wrong people could raise some suspicion. If I were to get popped with a UA I would fail quite epically as I've been smoking a fair bit of pot too.

How can I prevent these nosebleeds? They only seem to happen after a few days of heavy use, if I just do a gram or two over the course of a night I'm usually good. I don't really want holes in my nose either, so any advice on preventing damage and reducing the risk of bleeds? Aside from the obvious of course...don't tell me to stop doing coke!

Unfortunately, the only thing that will work is the thing that you don't want to hear... unless someone else has some magical fix to prevent nosebleeds? I can't imagine that one exists.

Have you tried to just pour your coke into a drink, and drink it on an empty stomach? Id imagine it would be weaker but prolly would save you alot of damage and would last longer. And it would be kinda cool how it would numb you mouth.%)

the only way to stop them, is to stop use unfortunately.

perhaps a gentle saline after a night of blow would help, but i would slow down use if you want them to stop. not to mention the possible permanent damage you are doing to your nose, be safe man. :)

and wow, 4 posts in one minute!

unless someone else has some magical fix to prevent nosebleeds? I can't imagine that one exists.

I never got nosebleeds from high quality cocaine. I think it's more associated with repetitive, compulsive, excessive use, or from low quality cocaine.

2 grams in 1 night by yourself? holy ish

I think what you want to know is, is there any way to make coke last longer

Somehow it has replaced opiates as my DOC.

And yea sometimes this stuff is cut to shit, the good stuff is around but is just so expensive. But really, regardless of the quality and regardless whether I have half a gram or a ball, the general prediction is it will be all gone by the morning. I usually have people to assist me with polishing it off of coarse.

EDIT

2 grams in 1 night by yourself? holy ish

I think what you want to know is, is there any way to make coke last longer

Maybe should have clarified, it's rarely just me. And I already know how to make it last longer, do something besides sitting around a table with 3 other people and a nice pile of blow. Smoking weed helps, but mostly just getting up and doing anything thats not staring at the pile usually helps XD

wash ur nose out, man. get some saline or a neti pot. nosebleed at work is bad, holes in ur nose are worse.
-izzy

Look on erowid. People have been known to stir cocaine into hard liqour and drink it. I'm pretty sure this causes a slight chemical transformation and different effects (don't quote me on that).

LOL that's a cute idea but...no. Cutting the lines and snorting them is part of the fun. I usually take hefty lines too, I like to maximize the drippy goodness in the back of my throat. That gagging taste is one of my favorite aspects of the drug actually.

And besides, coke mixed with alcohol is especially hard on your body, as if either weren't bad enough on their own.

Yeah mixing coke and booze is not good for your body, at all. It produces a chemical, called cocaethylene, which is toxic. Google it if you want to know more.

Edit: Believed to be more toxic than cocaine by itself or alcohol by itself.

Last edited:
To delay or minimize nose dammage:

- buy nasal spray at pharmacy
- empty nasal spray of its content
- fill it again with a solution of coke in water (preferably bacteriostatic water if you are not going to use it up quickly).
- spray that instead of snorting powder lines

Concentration may require some trial and error.

This is also a good way of doing coke socially without having to hide in a toilet.

I just want to mention that SWIM recently had a four week binge. What made SWIM stop was looking up SWIM's nose with a flashlight. It was ugly, thank goodness there was no hole, but the pink tissues was all swollen, so SWIM freaked out and quit. Gave the last of a 3.5g bag to a coworker. Wonder if the swelling/nastiness will get better? It has been 3 days.

^ read post riiiiiiiight above ya

and yeah itll be fine eventually. maybe not exactly the same as it was, but forming a hole takes years and years of heavy use afaik

LOL that's a cute idea but...no. Cutting the lines and snorting them is part of the fun. I usually take hefty lines too, I like to maximize the drippy goodness in the back of my throat. That gagging taste is one of my favorite aspects of the drug actually.

And besides, coke mixed with alcohol is especially hard on your body, as if either weren't bad enough on their own.

You want advice on how to stop messing up your nose, but don't want people to tell you to stop snorting it. So someone gives you great advice and says to use it orally, if it is so important that you keep using, it is a suitable albeit somewhat less conservative way to use it. Your response is that it is a "cute" idea, but no, you like snorting big gaggers. (Yes, mixing cocaine with alcohol creates cocaethylene which is more damaging, but the idea of taking orally in itself is a solid idea)

There is no magical solution that is going to stop cocaine from destroying your nose so long as you put it up there. It is not even the cuts that are necessarily to be worried about, it is the fact that cocaine is a vasoconstrictor and wounds membrane tissue on contact. The best advice you could be given, other than stopping the heavy usage because of the impact it is having on your heart, is to use it orally where it won't be destroying your nasal membrane.

To delay or minimize nose dammage:

- buy nasal spray at pharmacy
- empty nasal spray of its content
- fill it again with a solution of coke in water (preferably bacteriostatic water if you are not going to use it up quickly).
- spray that instead of snorting powder lines

Concentration may require some trial and error.

This is also a good way of doing coke socially without having to hide in a toilet.

This doesn't stop the damage that cocaine does to the nose... just makes the process more efficient and discreet.

doesn't the raw powder hitting your mucus mebranes do more damage then a saline mist? or both will do the same damage?

I think the posts saying all you can do is better/less coke are sort of wrong.

There are definitely nasal hygiene routines that can help sooth/heal/protect your sinus. Alot of people use a "neti pot", though I can't speak towards it's efficacy.

A couple other thoughts, using a purifying process or putting it into a liquid solution.