• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine How can I protect my nose and avoid embarrasing bleeds?

I think the posts saying all you can do is better/less coke are sort of wrong.

There are definitely nasal hygiene routines that can help sooth/heal/protect your sinus. Alot of people use a "neti pot", though I can't speak towards it's efficacy.

A couple other thoughts, using a purifying process or putting it into a liquid solution.

Well according to Bollweevel putting it into a liquid solution will not stop damage. I guess that makes sense becuase the damage is a result of teh chemical makeup of cocaine I guess...I thought it was the raw powder hitting you rmembranes. Pills don't have the same effect coke does regarding nasal damage do they?

If I was gonna do that much blow I would be using Le Junks extraction method do a search. Cut coke will fuck your nose up bad I mean think about it these kids who are selling dont read bluelight probably didnt finish high school and dont give a fuck about your health.

... It is the vasoconstricting property of cocaine that makes it particularly damaging to the mucous membranes. If it was distributed by something like a nasal pump that was more uniform in its delivery, than I could see potentially less damage... but it still doesn't solve the problem by any means.

really only advice i can give is dont do so much. even at a g a night for like a week of some decent 150/8th yay i still never got a nose bleed, and i figured that was a lot. my only question is how do people afford doing so much? i never did get past a ball or two and was just like fuck that was a lot of money wasted lol

you either get a job (something better than a cashier as k-mart). get lucky and have rich parents who spoil you. or break the law (deal / steal / etc..)

In my case..well I don't do much coke all my money goes up my nose in the form of a powder (or in my veins sometimes). I make about $600 a week after taxes which def don't make me wealthy but it allows me to have a habit that kicks my ass and leaves me dry. I pay my bills barely, I am always late on them, always fucking up my rent and cell phone and credit cards, I spend all of the money possible plus more that I shouldnt even spend on dope.

Now I am on methadone and I actually have $ in my pocket...its fuckin INSANE!!@! Like I can go buy a quarter of weed or fill my tank up..fuckin crazyy

I never got nosebleeds from high quality cocaine. I think it's more associated with repetitive, compulsive, excessive use, or from low quality cocaine.

yeah I agree, although may hard to find, and you may have to pay a higher price, your nose will thank you in the long run
a half gram or less of (good) coke is all I need for a good night, and alot of gin

^as has been said, the toxicity is due to the chemical itself; you aren't getting much protection. also, alcohol drastically increases the cardiotoxicity of cocaine; you're really killing your heart too

everytime i see one of my friends get a nosebleed from any drug its because they are doing big lines, i stick to smaller lines b/c it makes the drug last longer and i've never had a nose bleed. maybe you should try my method.

Look on erowid. People have been known to stir cocaine into hard liqour and drink it. I'm pretty sure this causes a slight chemical transformation and different effects (don't quote me on that).

i don't know about you, i enjoy the enamel on my teeth.

Basically like the title said, I've been snorting alot of yayo lately and my nose is starting to get fucked up. I was in a meeting at work yesterday, I started sneezing really bad so I got up to go to the bathroom. I left just in time because my nose started dripping a fair amount of blood on the floor of the stall...

I've lost a retarded amount of weight over the last few months previously from opiates and now from the blow, and a nose bleed at the wrong time in front of the wrong people could raise some suspicion. If I were to get popped with a UA I would fail quite epically as I've been smoking a fair bit of pot too.

How can I prevent these nosebleeds? They only seem to happen after a few days of heavy use, if I just do a gram or two over the course of a night I'm usually good. I don't really want holes in my nose either, so any advice on preventing damage and reducing the risk of bleeds? Aside from the obvious of course...don't tell me to stop doing coke!

dont mess with your nose while doing it...blowing it, picking at it, etc. during the times i dont stop messing with it the bleeding always occurs. it does seem to feel like your nose is running or something is visible but it usually isnt. when i just let it be, it doesnt usually bleed.

this is how

It took SWIM about a half an oz to figure it out, but he managed to stay wired to the gills and heal from a debilitating infection/nosebleeds at the same time. First, get the NeilMed nasal rinse bottle and a box of saline refills and rinse the crap out of your nose 3 times a day with just warmer than lukewarm...not cold..hotish water. use 1 salt packet per bottle of water, and 4-8 bottles of water till the crap wont come out any more. Find a product called Ponaris, it is an emolient made of essential oils that you might have to ask the pharmacist about but no script required. when it starts to dry out, squirt it up there as directed. make sure you have gauze pads that you can cut with a scissor androll into little plugs when you are at home watching tv or in the car to keep the emollient from oozing out. get a nasal spray bottle like affrin or whatever. Swim found that the ones that measure 200 sprays per bottle are easy to assess. Empty it out and fill the neilmed bottle with boiling hot water and the saline as directed by neilmed and set it aside. crush up very finely between 1 g and half a ball and dump it in the empty affrin bottle, add 4-8 drops of isopropyl and fill the spray bottle that has the yo and iso half full with the hot water and screw the cap on it. shake the crap out of it...for like 15 minutes or till it cools down. pull the gause out of your nose and give i more light rinse and when you can breath, give 2 shots up each nostril and assess the strength. you can dilute or add to your liking. when the bottle gets low, add a capful of distilled water and shake and the residue on the inside of the bottle will be reabsorbed...you might be surprised at how absolutley efficient this is. as you run out, keep adding saline by the half a capful to the bottle till it is only saline, you are down...crash free!... and well irrigated.....
anyhow, give it a try, it worked like a charm for SWIM
cheers

Last edited:
Holy shit, on a good binge i go thru 7G in about 2 1/2 days, if i pace myself....

I may have a problem now that i think about it.