• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids new form of hydrocodone

Status
Not open for further replies.

freud

Bluelighter
i was at the docs today, waiting in the side hall while my script was being writ up, and saw a document from a drug company about a new form of hydrocodone..

we all heard about this before, but its a cap filled 10mg/5mg prep of hydrocodone wiht zero APAP...

its called tussicaps or tussigels...

not sure of the name, as i was surreptitiously reading it while trying to be nonchalant..

anyways, its about time.. scripting vicodin to people is so bad. all that APAP is just killing people..

im sure this will be class II, just like oxyIR..

Last edited:
Um, it's sch.III and its for coughts. It's 10mg hydrocodone/ 5mg CPM. It's been out for like 1 1/2 years. It's worthless because of the CPM content if you have any kind of opiate tolerance.

what's CPM? that bites. that was like getting prescribed Panlor...dihydrocodeine and an assload of caffeine. whose cruel idea was that?

cpm is an antihistamine i think, its used in many OTC medicines. i believe that cordaciden cough and cold has this in there, and thats what makes it bad to take.

for people with low opiate tolerances, they dont have to worry about the cpm

CPM is Chlorpheniramine Maleate aka Chlor-Trimeton. When combined with Phenylpropanoloamine, it is called Contact (12 hour).

Apparently, it is considered to be an opiate potentiator.
A 12mg dose is apparently on the higher end of OTC preparations.

Strangely, it has serotonergic and norepinephrinergic reuptake inhibition properties.. So it's an antihistamine, with weak sedative effects, that acts like an antidepressant as well. However, such antidepressant effects have not been studied enough for any solid conclusions regarding such effects.

I remember having had Tussionex (hydrocodone + CPM) Rx'ed to me when I was younger, for a cough. I remember having no idea what was in it - but I loved it! Every time my mom would come into my room, with the Rx bottle of liquid Tussionex, I would get all excited hahah I know now that it was the hydrocodone in it that made those few sick days a breeze.

Anyone have any experience with high-dose CPM in any form?

it does potentiate opiates because of its sedative effects its like taking nyquil basically but you feel the buzz of the hydrocodone as well making it well worth it but i dont even know why im posting on this thread i havent taken hydrocodone in such a long time =[ you guys are lucky to have such a low tolerance to opiates that it actually gives you a good buzz, don't get too into hydrocodone or you'll turn out like me but probably not shooting up street heroin lol but im clean now suboxone program for 8 months

like i said, i had only a few quick glances at it, and i knew that this was coming out... just passing info along..

sorry if i posted unrelated info...

Anyone have any experience with high-dose CPM in any form?

They have. They probably didn't enjoy it. Look up CCCs. CPM is not a recreational drug and causes permanent brain damage, internal bleeding and death at high doses (recommended max of 24mg per day). Standard doses for its intended purpose or opiate potentiation are not a problem of course.

Look up CCCs. CPM is not a recreational drug and causes permanent brain damage, internal bleeding and death at high doses (recommended max of 24mg per day).

dun dun dun

A friend wishes someone would figure out an extraction on these fuckers. Sorry, very frustrated.

^ Are you talking to 3!NSTEIN? If so, he was probably talking about removing the CPM.

Status
Not open for further replies.