• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall making me pissed off?

soccerdude991

Greenlighter
I take adderall probably 4-5 times a month to help me study and it has always been at 25mg. However, the adderall I have now is only 15mg and my experience with it so far is that I get an increased focus and general sense of well-being for about 1.5 hours after the onset. After that I feel less focused and the stupidest things start to piss me off. I'd prefer not use it at 30mg if possible because that would be 2x the cost, but is this type of experience typical of a low dose? I weigh ~195lbs, btw.

adderall makes me moody too, dose doesnt usually have much to do with it ime

Yes I was prescribed to it and that is def on of the side effects. You will get angry and annoyed for no good reason.

Ehh. Speed does that to me, but not much. Ill be angry, but able to hold it in./

Thats the part where you are coming down, i know the feeling. Been prescribed adhd medicines since i was in 1st grade, so im familiar with each and every one. If anything, id recommend adderall xr, the come down is way more subtle (still not all that pleasant, but better than the come-down from ir). I'm prescribed 60 xr a day (tolerance), and i usually tend to take 40 mgs in the morning then the other 20 mgs maybe 2-3 hours later. This way, since there is still a come-down from xr, separating the doses will help with it significantly. It is normal even with a small dose like yours, since your tolerance will still stay low if only taken 4-5 times a month. Like look at coke if SWIY's ever experienced, amphetamines usually hold an unpleasant come-down.

no swim here bro. And speed in general makes people slightly angry, why do you think they LOVED it as a combat drug in world war 2. They were handing out dexedrines and methedrines like fucking hotcakes.

I think that's a really common side effect, or result that comes with taking (any) uppers. When I have taken ritalin, coke, or adderall I feel great for a couple hours (or more-depending on the substance; duration of 'high') only to then feel anxious/tense/and aggressive. It's exactly what corkraver said, that is how 'coming off it' feels. Coming down from uppers is nasty.

Well, when i get spun it seems that when high, things that will bother me, do even more. Cause of the confidence aspect, ill be thinking "i could/should go fucking apeshit on a mofo now" sometimes.

The L isomer is horrible, and the comedown is even worse.

The D isomer is more favorable. :)

Keep your eye on the prize, don't stop studying or isolate yourself from distractions. This is pretty common with stimulants, especially on the come down. 15mg is rather low, I could see how you could get the comedown crankiness rather quickly.

I've only taken Adderall once in the past few months (40mg), but take a lot of Dexedrine. Dexedrine def produces a bit less anxiety, but the best thing to do is to just do some reality checking, to realize why the shit your angry about either is not going to be changed by the anger, and that it's hurting you more by distracting and stressing you. Amphetamines and their effects are very subject to one using their willpower to direct the experience.

Sometimes, it can help your mood to just get a little nutrition in you (protein's an important one) and raise your blood sugar. Some milk or yogurt or a protein shake.

To me it works like this: Adderall is the perfection drug. What I mean by that is, on adderall if you start a task you will want to finish, correctly. It's like when I do calculus HW on it, if I don't know how to do a problem and there isn't any resources I can use to find the answer, I'll get fucking pissed and won't be able to calm myself down until I figure the problem out.

Whereas when I'm sober if I can't do it it's like ahh fuck it. lol. So there you have it, the perfection drug. Obviously this is just my opinion but I do notice it's harder to blow something off and do it later when on adderall, it makes your sort of obsessive. It's like if anything gets in the way of what you need to do, it pisses you off.

80mg is just way too much! Try 1/4th that, or maybe 1/8th of that.

Last edited:
I did. Blew a 20 then about 30 minutes later did 20 more. Then chewed one about an hour after that. Then about another hour after that was trying to see if there was any hope and blew another 20. Nah. Not that fun at all anymore. So Im cool on them.

Sigh... now all I can think about are negative things/thoughts...

Maybe you're sensitive to the effects of the levo isomer. Maybe you should try Dexedrine.

Also, amphetamines are not for everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me it works like this: Adderall is the perfection drug. What I mean by that is, on adderall if you start a task you will want to finish, correctly. It's like when I do calculus HW on it, if I don't know how to do a problem and there isn't any resources I can use to find the answer, I'll get fucking pissed and won't be able to calm myself down until I figure the problem out.

Whereas when I'm sober if I can't do it it's like ahh fuck it. lol. So there you have it, the perfection drug. Obviously this is just my opinion but I do notice it's harder to blow something off and do it later when on adderall, it makes your sort of obsessive. It's like if anything gets in the way of what you need to do, it pisses you off.

+1

I'm a classical musician, and used to take dexedrine before performances. Since mistakes ALWAYS happen in any kind of performance situation, I would inevitably shake a little, or play something out of tune, and since one is aware that they can't go back and redo something until you get it right when in a competition, I would end up freaking out and punch myself in the groin for not being perfect.

Terrrrrrrible idea, if you use it, use it for practice, not to be perfect!

Maybe... like the adrenaline causes decrease in serotonin which makes you annoyed easily?

Just a guess.

+1

I'm a classical musician, and used to take dexedrine before performances. Since mistakes ALWAYS happen in any kind of performance situation, I would inevitably shake a little, or play something out of tune, and since one is aware that they can't go back and redo something until you get it right when in a competition, I would end up freaking out and punch myself in the groin for not being perfect.

Terrrrrrrible idea, if you use it, use it for practice, not to be perfect!

Well put.

However, the first time I had Adderall, I took a 30mg XR. Way too much, I wasn't 18 yet, and even now am still sensitive to nearly all drugs.

I took it before "homeroom" with a friend (I got two 30 XR's) = waste of fucking time. By 2nd period I was rushing. It was an advanced math class, and I was answering every question. For some reason the material was really easy (compared to every other day) so I found it hard not to answer every question within 0.01 seconds of the teacher asking it.

I normally wasn't this attentive/able to do well and volunteer all the answers (either out of not knowing them or out of being anxious) but I was just flying through it.

The next memory of this day I have is when I had a jazz class. When it was my turn to start soloing on the music the teacher stopped me within 10 seconds and I was about to freak out because I thought it was fucking up how I was playing my instrument but he said "YES! Do more of that!!!" - I was so wired I was paranoid he would find out I was balls high. I was kind of pissed off because I was a little taken aback by the compliment, but I was sure having fun soloing.

I later practiced more music (different instrument) and was doing very well! :)

yep the reality is that coming down off amphetamines sucks and makes you frustrated angry and emotional, best advice is that it really is zero sum experience like crack. The up and down are about equal and as long as one is slightly better than the other it is impossible to stop. I appreciate the well thought out post which was where this thread began so long ago.

LSDMDMA&8155132 said:
no swim here bro. And speed in general makes people slightly angry, why do you think they LOVED it as a combat drug in world war 2. They were handing out dexedrines and methedrines like fucking hotcakes.

The L isomer is horrible, and the comedown is even worse.

The D isomer is more favorable. :)

What is the simple reason for this and do you think this is why my doctor loves to prescribe adderall but refuses me dex which I absolutely prefer. Is it as simple as the Levo salt has an NE affinity more so?