Bluelight

Thread: Taking the edge of a ritalin binge with xanax - what should I expect?

1. Collapse Details
    Taking the edge of a ritalin binge with xanax - what should I expect? 
    Capsule
    I have a pretty high stimulant tolerance, but just took 100 mg of ritalin over the course of 5 or 6 hours, felt too buzzed, then just now took 2mg of xanax.

My concern is that I think stimulant psychosis is around the corner - I'm seeing shit in the corner of my eyes and thinking I'm starting to hear voices. Will the xanax address this?

Or should I take more xanax and sleep it off?

Should I throw in a beer for good measure?

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by etcetera View Post
    I have a pretty high stimulant tolerance, but just took 100 mg of ritalin over the course of 5 or 6 hours, felt too buzzed, then just now took 2mg of xanax.
    Are you taking the Ritalin orally, or by some other ROA? Anyway, methylphenidate always seems to make me feel uncomfortable and somewhat anxious. I think it's pretty useless for recreational purposes. It works alright as a study aid though.

My concern is that I think stimulant psychosis is around the corner - I'm seeing shit in the corner of my eyes and thinking I'm starting to hear voices. Will the xanax address this?
    Most likely IMO. I doubt 100mg of methylphenidate and one sleepless night would cause full blown amphetamine psychosis. I would assume you are just getting paranoia and/or anxiety , and the Xanax should help with this.

Or should I take more xanax and sleep it off?
    Perhaps, 2mg of alprazolam would probably put me to sleep anyway.

Should I throw in a beer for good measure?
    This really depends on your benzo tolerance, Alcohol+benzos is quite synergistic. It can easily lead to blackouts, bizarre behavior and unnecessary redosing. If you decide to do this, set a limit of one or two beers and stick to it.

good luck!

3. Collapse Details

If you have a low tolerance for xanax and drink a couple beers with it you could blackout while in psychosis which would be bad. I doubt you'd get psychosis after a day though. Focalin is much better for some reason for me in regards to the psychotic shit with ritalin though.

4. Collapse Details

I think the xanax is a good idea (or any benzo, really). Coming down from an upper can cause some interesting feelings to say the least. The xanax will take the edge off for sure if you take a decent bit. Without a tolerance to benzos I'd say the 2 milligrams should be fine. If it's 'not' fine, take .5-1mg more. Why NOT sleep it off. Can't hurt you.

Regarding the 'synergy' between alcohol and benzos: I say don't mix the two. There are too many bad things that could happen with that combination (+ the upper in the mix, even if in the near past).

5. Collapse Details

3:40
    Quote Originally Posted by stirfry View Post
    Are you taking the Ritalin orally, or by some other ROA? Anyway, methylphenidate always seems to make me feel uncomfortable and somewhat anxious. I think it's pretty useless for recreational purposes. It works alright as a study aid though.

Most likely IMO. I doubt 100mg of methylphenidate and one sleepless night would cause full blown amphetamine psychosis. I would assume you are just getting paranoia and/or anxiety , and the Xanax should help with this.

Perhaps, 2mg of alprazolam would probably put me to sleep anyway.

This really depends on your benzo tolerance, Alcohol+benzos is quite synergistic. It can easily lead to blackouts, bizarre behavior and unnecessary redosing. If you decide to do this, set a limit of one or two beers and stick to it.

good luck!
    I did rail 10mg, did the rest orally. I ended up going out and drinking and having a Thai bucket, which is basically 15 european shots / 10 american shots of singsom, mixed with coke, in a plastic bucket. Dumb as shit. I don't even know how I got home.

In other words: I'm quitting drinking when I fly back to Hong Kong.

And yeah, I think I was just anxious and paranoid, no real psychosis. The xanax - I did 3 mg - did give me the urge to go out and explore khao san though. When I got back, I did the blacked out and did the xanax redosing thing. That shit is intense. And insane. And ultimately, terrifying. I'm going to stick to doing .5 mg to take the edge off of things, but that's about it.

I experienced real psychosis on a mix of 2-dpmp and mdpv and it was the scariest experience of my life. And 2-dpmp's insane half life made for a long long disaster. I ended up going to the doctor in the morning after having done 2-dpmp at about 2 o'clock… and even then, was hearing the conspiring voices outside. Seroquel kind of helped, but it gives me mad palpitations.

Wish I was mormon.

But I guess it doesn't really matter if I'm back at home or abroad - Trouble in paradise abounds man.

Thanks for the advice.

---

Quick question - I've heard xanax is one of the faster benzos to absorb into your system. How long does it take?

6. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    A glass bottle in the ocean between waves and rocks
    yes, the xanax should help, but i suggest taking it bit by bit if you have a limited stock... if you have plenty, blaze away, otherwise, take 0.5mg every 3 to 4 hours

7. Collapse Details
    And if you're lucky. 
    I definitely did feel much earlier. Thanks for the advice. No crazed xanax blackouts either! Though I was a bit stumbly.

But it's been a few hours later, I'm on vacation, and I decided to do some lines of ritalin and head out into the streets of khao san. (any bl'ers in bangkok?) - and doing it nasally feels like a completely different drug. Pharmacology's best kept secret kiddie coke substitute. Pharmacology's other best kept secret is how insane oxycontin is.

(mods: this paragraph might go too far, if so, just scratch it) I'm prescribed adderall stateside, you can't get it anywhere here. otc in thailand: valium, xanax, tramadol (and, for all you pre-med students, fucking cipro is over the counter.) otc in hk: lunesta, tramadol, valium if you have a good excuse. they're really cracking down on "yaba yaba" here - i.e. meth pills - and even finding hash feels incredibly unsafe. Actually, everything here is pretty seedy.

prease don't ban me for this post - I'm definitely wired.

video related.

and every rumor you've heard about lady boys in thailand is true. it's the pretty girls that are too pretty you've got to be worried about - they've completed the process.

8. Collapse Details

Beyond this point, you may encounter nude sunbathers eating waffles.
    Xanax is a must (for me anyways as I suffer from Panic Disorder) when doing any types of stimulants. The best example I can think of is after a night of raving (MDMA). After you get home, take 1mg of Xanax, it'll mellow you out very nicely. And even though it is addictive, it is safer than alcohol as alcohol will dehydrate you (and chances are you're already dehydrated from the stimulant(s)).

Be safe.

P.S. - Probably not required, but to be on the safe side, take a baby aspirin as well.

9. Collapse Details

Peace
    Cannabis is your friend IMHO, works fine for me.

and doing it nasally feels like a completely different drug. Pharmacology's best kept secret kiddie coke substitute. Pharmacology's other best kept secret is how insane oxycontin is.
    Since I have a prescription for Methylphenidate (Ritalin 10 mg IR - all generics I've tried feel much weaker, like there is less Methylphenidate in them?) as well as OxyContin as I both have adult ADD and chronic pain problems (Fibromyalgia, Scheuermann's Disease, my back is completely wrecked... ).

Anyway... I find that mixing the two together and taking small lines every 20-30 minutes gives me huge amounts of euphoria, my ADD makes it feel different I guess but it's a nice combo and I won't have to deal with crappy 25% pure 'coke' or dodgy street amphetamines.

You made me crave a line, kiddy coke here I come.

-- Peace o/

10. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=etcetera;8154127took 100 mg of ritalin over the course of 5 or 6 hours[/QUOTE]

Is that considered a ritalin binge? Jesus, I guess I'm on one myself. I'm taking upmost 240mg a day.

But to help answer your question, just wait it out. If anything is going to happen, taking a Xanax isn't going to prevent it and speedballing + beer is DEFINITELY not the way to go.

Whenever I get anxious on stimulants I just relax, listen to music, and let my anxiety wear out. It's probably the safest way to go provided you didn't take a dangerous dose.