Info Changes to our site disciplinary system

c'mon, guido, everybody knows that rewarding children for bad behaviour is just poor parenting.

alasdair

It's not a reward what I am proposing and explaining. Read what I just posted above after learning combining accounts is difficult and time consuming. They don't get their old name back. They get a new name but they get to hold on to the posts they made, their join date, and also their warnings and infractions.

[btw Guido I like you and would argue in your favour, but you have to accept that this isn't /b/, and the rules and standards are different :)]

Don't argue in my favor just because you like me, argue in my favor what I suggest happens to not be a pile of dog shit. =D

I never said this was /b/ and what I am talking about has no relation to /b/ in anyway so why even bring it up lol? The Staff mentions 4chan more than I ever did these days lol.

Last I checked, Bluelight exists to help people, not to give an outlet to the butthurt over their personal opinions. We all vent, we all have our dark moments. Yet what does this pointless arguing do to help those in need?

Give up your grudges and participate in the true cause of harm reduction. I know I've been saved from doing things that would have been stupid and dangerous because of Bluelight. While the site neither condones nor condemns, it is up to Bluelighters to make Bluelight a better place.

Alasdair, that last point is an affirmation in the sense that everyone has responsibility for their own actions. Thank you.

Guido, love it or leave it.

what kind of discipline is that? none at all...

alasdair

Your fundamental flaw is your inability to see the shades of gray between that which is white and that which is black. It is discipline. Your screen name is gone. You have to get a new one. But your posts, your threads, and your infractions carry over with you.

Last I checked, Bluelight exists to help people, not to give an outlet to the butthurt over their personal opinions. We all vent, we all have our dark moments. Yet what does this pointless arguing do to help those in need?

Give up your grudges and participate in the true cause of harm reduction. I know I've been saved from doing things that would have been stupid and dangerous because of Bluelight. While the site neither condones nor condemns, it is up to Bluelighters to make Bluelight a better place.

Guido, love it or leave it.

I was going to lace into your post like I lace my fucking Diesel shoes before I hit the dance floor but instead I'm going to speak of what is behind all my talk and be mature for a change. Maybe I couldn't explain it clear before because I was fucking strung out, I don't know.

I will bury the hatchet right now and will shut the fuck up until the day I die about all this disciplinary bullshit and even my Perma-Ban if I am apologized to for when I was temp-banned over "being threatening" and plotting a raid on this site with my 4chan buddies. That's my only beef. I was only defending what little dignity and respect I had left in the community at that time against Rob Cypher's lies and I never once plotted the downfall of this site. You know both of those things were bullshit Mariposa as does the Staff. I took responsibility for when I used a racist term. I took my punishment of temp-ban. I never registered an alter during that time period, nor did anything to hinder the sites performance or function nor had anyone post on behalf. But when I came back and was temp-banned by you before being Perma-Banned by an Administrator over an alleged 4chan raid and being threatening to some liar in The Lounge. That is the one thing I refuse to take responsibility for because I did neither. That is my one and only problem and is the only reason I remain bitter and haunt these forums.

I was going to lace into your post like I lace my fucking Diesel shoes before I hit the dance floor but instead I'm going to speak of what is behind all my talk and be mature for a change. Maybe I couldn't explain it clear before because I was fucking strung out, I don't know.

I will bury the hatchet right now and will shut the fuck up until the day I die about all this disciplinary bullshit and even my Perma-Ban if I am apologized to for when I was temp-banned over "being threatening" and plotting a raid on this site with my 4chan buddies. That's my only beef. I was only defending what little dignity and respect I had left in the community at that time against Rob Cypher's lies and I never once plotted the downfall of this site. You know both of those things were bullshit Mariposa as does the Staff. I took responsibility for when I used a racist term. I took my punishment of temp-ban. I never registered an alter during that time period, nor did anything to hinder the sites performance or function nor had anyone post on behalf. But when I came back and was temp-banned by you before being Perma-Banned by an Administrator over an alleged 4chan raid and being threatening to some liar in The Lounge. That is the one thing I refuse to take responsibility for because I did neither. That is my one and only problem and is the only reason I remain bitter and haunt these forums.

I am BL Crew and have been for about 12 months now. Take your grudges elsewhere and stop trashing people who wish to create and maintain a healthy community.

*yawn*

Do you honestly believe that the point is about trashing people who wish to create and maintain a healthy community? Might it actually be a plea for someone to admit that some discipline at one point was over reactive because some people in authority believed some hyped-up confabulations? Yawn as you like, I know you know your answer to be inauthentic and a diversion.

I am BL Crew and have been for about 12 months now. Take your grudges elsewhere and stop trashing people who wish to create and maintain a healthy community.

*yawn*

Earlier in the thread I was simply stating something I thought would be a good change to the disciplinary system. I'm not trashing anyone. Never had and never will. I maintained a healthy community in Drug Culture while I was a Moderator and an even healthy one as regular member in The Lounge. Laughter is the best medicine, you would be surprised the e-mails and instant messages I have gotten from people in that forum thanking me for brightening up their day and making them forget their troubles for one brief moment without the need for drugs.

You trashed me with your false accusations and you refuse to admit it and apologize for it.

Might it actually be a plea for someone to admit that some discipline at one point was over reactive because some people in authority believed some hyped-up confabulations? Yawn as you like, I know you know your answer to be inauthentic and a diversion.

Indeed. I was Temp-Banned for using a racial slur that wasn't tolerated. Even though it was in jest and without any ill-intent I took my punishment. I obeyed the terms by not registering any alternate accounts, by not disrupting the site through trolling and other means, and by not having people post on my behalf. When my term was up I came back and refrained from using that racial slur. Everything was great

I stumbled across a thread within The Lounge and there was a new member posting slander and lies about my character so I told him to shut the fuck up and we started flaming each other like people normally do in that forum. I was trying to defend my character and my love for Bluelight. Maripossa then Temp-Banned me for being threatening and for plotting a raid on Blueight via 4chan. Lies and more lies blown out of proportion. Shortly after I was Permanently-Banned after they reviewed my behavior. I refuse to take responsibility for that Temp-Ban that was based on lies and heresy.

That is my only beef. My only problem.

Guys.....can we keep focus on the point of the thread, please?

The reason this was even published was that times change, bad behaviour evolves as does ways of tackling it....hence 'Changes to the disciplinary system'. We could have an endless discussion on the history of how we got to this point, and the injustices done under different administration regimes. The point of this thread is that we've tried to take a step toward more fair system, and while it admittedly isn't perfect, it is hopefully better than what we had - more transparent, more consistent, more understandable. Chances are we'll continue to tweak it as we move forward.

That said, there is not the intent to undo past injustices anymore than there is any effort to be spent going back and hammering people further for past transgressions. The point is to be moving forward - look back and learn as appropriate, but keep going forward.

Oh and solution for you guys to get rid of your infractions and its free.........start a new account and stop using the old one.

You won't. As long as you make clear you are ceasing to use the old account.

So, what y'all are saying is that, if I make it clear that I ain't gonna post as "Binge Artist" no more, I could come back as "BingeArtist" or "Binge Artist vs. 2.0" or "Le Artiste de Binge", and I'll have a perfectly clean record?

If so, then the current discipline system don't really make no sense. I mean, since it would be so easy to keep your identity (with a similar enough name), what would keep someone from just "starting over" after each infraction?

I mean, it wasn't never no mystery who -Guido- was, if y'all feel what I'm saying.

Last edited:
Nothing is keeping people from doing that, most people choose not to start a new account every time because they'd rather keep their post count and join date, and most people realize that a couple of infractions isnt really going to hurt their reputation if they learn from them. Just like we've been telling you for the last 3 pages of this thread....

However, staff does keep a record of whos who, so if you started a new account and starting trolling with that one, you'd be given a lot less lenience than you would if you were actually a brand new member.

if they learn from them

...Sister, I don't know who you think you're taking to, but I'm Binge Artist (at least for now).

So, how do I go about "making it clear that I'm ceasing to use the old account"?

But yeah, this is DEFINITELY better than my lame idea of paying money to erase my infractions...

.So, how do I go about "making it clear that I'm ceasing to use the old account"?

Just create a new account and stop using the current one, your current infractions will likely still stand against it though.

I have removed a few posts from this thread and will continue to do so for any more off topic posts.

Just create a new account and stop using the current one, your current infractions will likely still stand against it though.

I have removed a few posts from this thread and will continue to do so for any more off topic posts.

So, you're saying MazDan was incorrect about the fresh start?

Hello

If i made up a new e-mail addy AND username,would this be accepted straight away like if a new person was registering?

This forum is sometimes so helpful and informative that sometimes i feel the need to post but i would like to choose a new username and e-mail addy.

What i'm saying is would this be accepted without any problems?

Hello

If i made up a new e-mail addy AND username,would this be accepted straight away like if a new person was registering?

This forum is sometimes so helpful and informative that sometimes i feel the need to post but i would like to choose a new username and e-mail addy.

What i'm saying is would this be accepted without any problems?

Yeah, as long as you cease using the previous account there is no problem.

Guys.....can we keep focus on the point of the thread, please?

The reason this was even published was that times change, bad behaviour evolves as does ways of tackling it....hence 'Changes to the disciplinary system'. We could have an endless discussion on the history of how we got to this point, and the injustices done under different administration regimes. The point of this thread is that we've tried to take a step toward more fair system, and while it admittedly isn't perfect, it is hopefully better than what we had - more transparent, more consistent, more understandable. Chances are we'll continue to tweak it as we move forward.

That said, there is not the intent to undo past injustices anymore than there is any effort to be spent going back and hammering people further for past transgressions. The point is to be moving forward - look back and learn as appropriate, but keep going forward.

Fucking oath. It doesn't matter our titles, it matters that we've got a common goal - that of helping and educating.

Through this, we can all understand one another more effectively and carry that message to others.