favorite trance album

n33d2kn00w

Bluelighter
well i hadn't seen this thread posted up so i just wanted to know what peoples five favorite trance albums

1. universal religion(2007)-armin van buuren
2. politics of dancing2(2005)-PVD
3. in search of sunrise 5 la(2006)-tiesto..............favorite rolling cd cant skip a track
4.the dj in the mix3(2006)-ATB
5. imagine(2008)-armin van buuren

i know all very commercial but they have some of the most memorable trance songs in my opinion

ultra trance 06...fav. track was 4 strings-sunrise (full vocal mix)

are these tracks actually tracks that were played at ultra music festival or just an independent album..i was just wondering because im from miami and attend ultra every year but have never purchased it

in terms of classic trance, i love:

214M1JR4DCL._SL500_AA130_.jpg

high desert soundsystem

it's one of my favourite mixed cds of all time.

alasdair

Tiesto - Summerbreeze sure got a lot of mileage back in the day.
Christopher Lawrence - United State of Trance is a good one too.
I also had this mix by a guy called San Mehat who used to play our local every few months. It was part of a two disc set called obsessive compulsive, with the other by a dude called brad copeland. Both discs are sick, with the copeland one being proggier and the mehat one being just fucking epic trance.

Union Jack - There Will Be No Armageddon

if that one is too acid/goa inspired to count here i'll take:
Cygnus X - Hypermetrical

If there is one trance CD everyone should have, it's this one.
Eye Q Classics - The Very Best From Behind The Eye

I'm not sure what my top five would be. There are a lot of good ones. Maybe that and...

Art of Trance - Wildlife On One
X-Dream - We Created Our Own Happiness
Earth Nation - Terra Incognita
Astral Projection - Trust In Trance

X-Dream - We Created Our Own Happiness
Earth Nation - Terra Incognita
Astral Projection - Trust In Trance

so goa trance counts here and not just regular trance?
then my favourite trance albums look a whole lot different:

1. dimension 5 - transdimensional
2. ra - 9th
3. khetzal - corolle
4. blue planet corporation - a blueprint for survival
5. tied between: morphem - out of focus, filteria - daze of our lives, dimension 5 - second phase, pleiadians - i.f.o., man with no name - teleportation and hallucinogen - twisted. just much good music, i can't decide!

Dragon: Crystal Method isn't trance, thank god.

No offense folks, but can't we just put tiesto, Corey fernstien, Oakie, BT and pals on a bus and just drive it off a cliff??

I've been an avid dance music fan since 1992 and the Trance music you guys are talking about pretty much was born around 94/95 and it HASNT CHANGED AT ALL since then. I got over it in 1998 and wish it would just go away. There has been no progression or maturing of the music at all.

Die, trance, die!!

Oh but wait if there was no more trance what would all the boba shops play???

I was part of the LA rave scene way back then when Chris Lawrence was just starting out. I bought records from him in the DJ shop on Melrose ave he used to work at and my friends and I would hang out with him when he was an up and coming DJ playing at small parties to 200 people. We all thought he was the best Trance DJ in town and I specifically remember telling him I thought he was going to make it big. He was always shy and had doubts if he would "make it."

Now I want to get a time machine and convince him to sell shoes for a living.

:)

Although Christopher Lawrence achieved a lot of success I caught him @ the first rave I attended in 2000 and was not very impressed. And at that time I actually was into trance; so my current distaste for trance was not responsible.

Re: john_burrows - I agree that a lot of those DJs you mentioned are not that great. Even as producers they are pretty terrible. BUT I definitely disagree that trance hasn't changed since 95. I don't have enough money for the tracks that are coming out...the production is far superior to what it was then. I don't know where people are getting their music from but there's tons of great new Trance being produced.

Ok, well if anyone had recommendations for some new trance that isn't going to try and uplift me with female vocals and a long-winded snare build I'd love hear 'em!