• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Huge lump after shooting up heroin

Status
Not open for further replies.
my experience with lumps and iv complications

8o That looks painful. 8o

Ummm ever seen requiem for a dream? Seriously, if you are going to iv any meds or drugs, you do need to be very careful. Sterile equipment, *knowing what your doing,* and making sure that you always practice safety is all very important if you wish to keep your limbs and/or life! :|

Now, nobody's perfect,:\ and when your sick you'll do damn near anything to fix the problem, I know. I've done a few dumb things in my 7 and a half years of iv'ing substances. When encountering a bump, you do need to excersize extreme caution because these things can cause serious problems for you, especially if not taken care of properly. Afew years back I had a little baggy full of dillies that were broken up and ready for booting. I also had put 1 xanax bar, also broken into pieces, ready for consumption. Well, I woke up in a hurry to remedy my sickness and didn't pay attention to what I was crushing up. Turns out, I injected xanax into my wrist, and got a lump. The lump turned red by the end of the day, and within the course of the next day, it turned really red, grew a bit in size, and was very sore to the touch. By the third day I couldn't take it any more and I went to the er-claiming a spider had bitten me. They took a sample and found that I had gotten MRSA, they had to cut it open and "pack" it. 8o

I'm not sure exactly what was the cause of my getting MRSA. It could have been the fact that I'd already used the needle, maybe cause I missed a bit while shooting up a pill (especially one that isn't good for shooting, lol), but the doctor said that the MRSA could've entered my bloodstream in which case I'd probably be missing an arm. The only other complication I've had other than that was an extreme histamine reaction, and that was recently. AFTER 7 YEARS OF IV'ING, AND KNOWING WHAT I'M DOING, IT STILL HAPPENED TO ME. THANK GOD IT WAS NOT MORE SEVERE IN BOTH CASES!!

IME- the best thing to do when this happens is to go to the hospital. I know, it sucks, its embarassing, you don't want to be labeled a druggie- but do you want to lose an arm? Watch requiem for a dream, folks. (its a movie, and a pretty good one)

However, *if* you want to gamble with your life/limbs, then you should take a warm compress (hot as you can stand) and put it on the affected area, 15minutes on, 15 minutes off. Do this as often as you can, and take an antihistamine, plus if you have an antibiotic at hand, you should take that as well. Do not ice the area, it will feel good but its ultimately bad to do this for the sake of healing/getting rid of the affliction.

If your symptoms don't get better, or worsen, within 48-72 hours, then you NEED to seek medical attention, or you could lose an arm or your life.

:\Good luck, :\

P.S.- We ARE talking about the system that carries your lifeforce (i.e. blood) through your body. Your blood goes through your orgasm hehe lol i mean organs, your brain, your heart... This is not something to take lightly, this is something absolutely essential to your well-being so you have got to be responsible when your putting things into them. They aren't MADE to have drugs injected into them, so if your going to make the choice to do it, you need to realize exactly how serious of a matter it is when you decide to do it, and treat the action with respect. Or don't do it.

Last edited:
Old thread guys - He hasnt posted since the thread started in March.. don't shoot old blood in your rig!

i know i was putting my 2 cents about lumps and bumps and the importance of getting these things checked out

Since this never got merged with the IV complications mega thread, I'll go ahead and close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.