• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Mixing Lyrica(Pregabalin) and Adderall(Amphetamine salts)

waterskill

Bluelighter
How do you think someone would react if they were to take 200mg of Pregabalin and 20mg of D,L-Amphetamines? I'm looking for a hypothetical answer, as I really am not going to do this.

My friend has some, and he always asks me for the drug information. I don't know this one, so I just need an answer based on how the 2 drugs affect your body, and how you guys think they would mix together.

Well I wouldn't know the exact physiological mechanisms behind any potential interactions I know that I have been taking about 600mg-900mg of Lyrica along with anywhere from 25mg-45mg of Dexedrine (D-amphetamine) for over a year now and have yet to drop dead. :)

Well I wouldn't know the exact physiological mechanisms behind any potential interactions I know that I have been taking about 600mg-900mg of Lyrica along with anywhere from 25mg-45mg of Dexedrine (D-amphetamine) for over a year now and have yet to drop dead. :)

Did you start out with those doses, or have you gone through different doses and medications until you've gotten to this?

Did you start out with those doses, or have you gone through different doses and medications until you've gotten to this?

Sorry about not responding earlier, I've been having a difficult withdrawal after losing a week's worth of my methadone on an airplane coming back from visiting dying family members.

As for your question; I have a natural super tolerance to just about any drug I take and I started off with 300mg of Lyrica as 100mg x 3 a day but didn't notice any benefits until we ramped up the dose to beyond what Pfizer recommends for most. As far as the methadone I take, it was pretty much the first thing that my primary care provider and I thought would be the better choice among the different opioid pain-killers as it has an NMDA antagonizing quality that is more or less unique amongst pain meds and it is exceptionally good at raising the threshold of what is painful and that with the Lyrica which reduces the frequency of pain flairs has kept me as pain-free as I think I could get. I have been on other medications like Fentanyl, morphine, hydrocodone, hydromorphone and some others but I have found methadone the best for nerve related pains.

UHHH NO! Lets use google. google tells us that Pregabalin binds to the alpha2delta receptor. Which in turn decreases the release of neurotransmitters such as glutamate and noradrenaline hmmmmm noradrenaline... isnt that the stuff that dopamine gets turned into? yes. lets look a norepinephrine affects parts of the brain where attention and responding actions are controlled. Sooooooo taking adderall with something that blocks out adderall is a waste of drugs and likely resulting in a pounding headache. Soooo DONT DO IT

-FH

UHHH NO! Lets use google. google tells us that Pregabalin binds to the alpha2delta receptor. Which in turn decreases the release of neurotransmitters such as glutamate and noradrenaline hmmmmm noradrenaline... isnt that the stuff that dopamine gets turned into? yes. lets look a norepinephrine affects parts of the brain where attention and responding actions are controlled. Sooooooo taking adderall with something that blocks out adderall is a waste of drugs and likely resulting in a pounding headache. Soooo DONT DO IT

-FH
Calcium channel inhibitors do inhibit noradrenaline release, but that would probably be a good thing as the NE/DA would be balanced more nicely. Also, amphetamine reverses catecholaminergic transport proteins thereby bypassing vesicular release, so reduction in NE would likely be only slight.

These meds are perfectly safe to take concurrently.

Yeah i have taken ~300mg Lyrica when injecing street amphetamine. No bad effects.

Lyrica and adderal are two drugs I take together everyday. I take 600 mg of lyrica and 600 mg of adderal. It's a nice balance actually. I was having trouble sleeping with the adds alone. When I was prescribed Lyrica for nerve pain , I noticed I could actually sleep at night. Hope this helps ?

I'm actually prescribed dexamphetamine and lyrica daily to be used for anxiety an ADD. It is not unsafe and by all means I find it quite pleasurable as it reduces some of the side effects and anxiety of dex and means that I never crash, although I never used to regardless of the lyrica.

I take 100mg 3x a day along with 20mg dex at 8-9am and 20mg more at 1-3pm.

I did however find that lyrica was not an instant cure or anxiety releviever. It took about 2 weeks before I started to notice the real change it was having regarding my anxiety and I don't feel the need to up the dose either. I have nonetheless experimented with high doses of lyrica but all it did was make me turn into a couch potato, felt as if I had taken a handful of diazepam mixed with opiates but dirtier.

I too am prescribed dextroamphetamine and pregabalin daily
(60mg d-amp, 800mg pregab)
I find these two drugs work wonderfully with each other, causing a delightful mood and definitely more euphoria than taking either alone.
Pregabalin-at least IME-works unlike gabapentin primarily in the way that lyrica tends to make me much less deppressed, it kinda feels like an upper-increased sociability, increased music appreciation etc.
Gabapentin though, tends to make me a little down.
Pregab+D-amp is a combo I think Ill always kiive

200mg pregabalin is unlikely to cause any adverse effects, save an individual intolerance or bad reaction. It's seems to work more as a depressant than anything else, though not in the same sense as something like benzos. there have been reports of respiratory and cardiac arrest from therapeutic doses. Pregabalin more or less dumbs down bother peripheral and central functions, though 200mg is not what i would consider a recreational dose. 20mg of racemic amphetamine will probably work to counter whatever effect you're searching for from the pregabalin. I don't believe there to be any significant interactions between the two though.

Last edited:
Lyrica and adderal are two drugs I take together everyday. I take 600 mg of lyrica and 600 mg of adderal. It's a nice balance actually. I was having trouble sleeping with the adds alone. When I was prescribed Lyrica for nerve pain , I noticed I could actually sleep at night. Hope this helps ?

You take 600 mg of adderall and you are still alive? Wow. I take 90 and im pouring sweat and pacing around the house for two days.
I wouldnt reccomend anyone take 600 mg of adderall. Please dont. Im guessing it was a typo but I dont want to see some green kid think its ok to do.

Ya, sorry for posting on an old thread. I just didnt want to see anyone think it was ok to do and overdose. So I have some lyrica and Im about to take about 90 mg of adderall, but what is the final verdict? Because there is mixed messages here. Will the mixture make the adderall high smoother or worse? Opinions?

An odd combo imo, not really dangerous at normal dosages but lyrica makes you very dizzy and dumb and gives a sort of opioid feeling effect and can make you more empathic/sociable sometimes. Just sounds like weird mix to me.

-FH

This

In fairness I doubt the noradrenaline effect is really desirable (I don't know whether pregabalin blocks dopamine), I've not had adderall only racemic street amphetamine but the noradrenaline effect causes more side effects than wanted effects.

IME Adderall's effects are greatly diminished by Lyrica/Neurontin. Not just NE either, the euphoria is diminished too leading me to believe it is DA being inhibited via a downstream mechanism.