• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

A question about benzos

Lord Dobbs

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, first post here!

Just got a question and wondering if anyone has advise. What if I have a bunch of drugs (valium, xanax, tamazepam, clonazepam, zopiclone, zolpidem) and wanted to know how to get the best/nicest effect from them?

What combinations could be good or bad? Not averse to having a few beers as well.

I know my limits and am not new to this. :)

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Diazepam, alprazolam, and temazepam are the recreational ones.

I like temazepam the best. The other two just aren't as great IMO.

Don't drink on benzos, just take benzos. Enjoy a temazepam, that's what I would start off with.

If you are dosing earlier in the day and are going to be sleeping after the effects are over, diazepam or alprazolam would be nice too.

I wouldn't combine benzodiazepines, at least with the three you're working with.

This isn't a OD topic, I'll move this to BDD for you.

PS we don't use SWIM here.

Don't drink on benzos, just take benzos. Enjoy a temazepam, that's what I would start off with.

If you are dosing earlier in the day and are going to be sleeping after the effects are over, diazepam or alprazolam would be nice too.

I wouldn't combine benzodiazepines, at least with the three you're working with.

This isn't a OD topic, I'll move this to BDD for you.

PS we don't use SWIM here.

First off thank you for your response, If I don't use SWIM what should I use (I thought I had seen that used around these boards which is why I used it).

I've had them all individually and agree, temazepam is BY FAR my favourite. Just wondering if any particular combinations (or other substances even) that would give better euphoric effects. Really I am looking for a nice euphoric/relaxed effect (aren't we all!!).

I always have a couple of glasses of red wine when I take benzos so not sure why you shouldn't drink with them? Hasn't been a problem for me at least.

Thanks for your feedback and apologies for posting in the wrong place.

Try using "I". That works for the rest of us. If you must drink, please be extremely careful. I have had countless nights where I blacked out on an alcohol/benzo combo, and usually woke up injured (still have scars on my knees from repeatedly falling down one night).

Ok, apologies for not researching the etiquette of the site. I will use I from here on in.

I am careful (usually) and have also had COUNTLESS blackout nights on that combination. But I've since learnt my lesson and what I really mean is for staying in, couple of glasses of wine and some benzos. I'm just looking for the perfect relaxation combination.

Zolpidem and zopiclone are pretty recreational to those who like GABAergics.

I've combined all those listed above, feeling good but was hoping that there was some dream combination...

Maybe I need something stronger.

i think people overestimate what downer drugs will do, you gotta work with the effect to make it super pleasurable i find

Totally agree. Out of all the benzos I've tried (and I've tried a lot!), I'd rate temazepam as one of the best.

Probably followed by alprazolam (Xanax) and diazepam (Valium).

Zolpidem and zopiclone are pretty recreational to those who like GABAergics.

I've been taking zopiclone on and off for years and never experienced the slightest recreational effects.

I've never tried zolpidem (Ambiem), but I know some people find that recreational.

Totally agree. Out of all the benzos I've tried (and I've tried a lot!), I'd rate temazepam as one of the best.

Probably followed by alprazolam (Xanax) and diazepam (Valium).

I've been taking zopiclone on and off for years and never experienced the slightest recreational effects.
I've never tried zolpidem (Ambiem), but I know some people find that recreational.

Well its like being fucked up on benzo's with a little alcohol kick to it. Ambien is is really cool because it can fuck you up as much as alcohol and people trip off of it. zopiclone can be just as recrational as ambien.

One 7.5mg zopiclone pill + 1mg clonazepam + .5/1mg alprazolam throughout the day.

And for potentiators: 750mg/1.5gr GABA pills + 500mg Magnesium + 500mg/1gr mephenesin.

Yepee !! but only twice a week. The other days, nada. Only a strong cup of coffee and some good chocolate.

Temazepam i got barely anything from even at high doses, diaz is my favorite but the more i use etizolam the more i like it

i agree with the zopiclone one though it can send me into a kind of trance where hours just fly by at high doses :D

The Z drugs are benzos hidden behind a different structure.

One 7.5mg zopiclone pill + 1mg clonazepam + .5/1mg alprazolam throughout the day.

And for potentiators: 750mg/1.5gr GABA pills + 500mg Magnesium + 500mg/1gr mephenesin.

Yepee !! but only twice a week. The other days, nada. Only a strong cup of coffee and some good chocolate.

How much of a difference do the potentiators make? And what is mephenesin? Can it be bought OTC?

Good recommendation by the way, feeling pretty good over here...

The Z drugs are benzos hidden behind a different structure.

Basically - although all Z-drugs are hypnotics, while benzos are usually anxiolytics. Z-drugs were created as an "improved" version of hypnotic benzos (they cause less disruption to your sleep architecture), while benzo's were an "improved" version of barbiturates. I wonder what will be next? 8)

Valium is hynotic, anxiolytic AND a skeletal muscle relaxant. That's the benzo trifecta IMO. These three things together make valium the best.

Diazepam is mainly an anxiolytic and an anticonvulsant. it's a mediocre hypnotic at best.

it's affinity to the α1 subunit (alpha 1) is relatively weak compared to real hypnotics.
Modulation of the α1 subunit is associated with sedation, amnesia, motor-impairment, ataxia, and reinforcing behavior.
this is why the hypnotics are more sedative, amnesic, and more addictive.

most of the hypnotics are powerful agonists of all the GABA(A) receptors, which make many of them even better anxiolytics and anticonvulsants than the regular anxiolytics.
temazepam is mainly an hypnotic (cuz it has high affinity to the alpha 1 subunit) and its a very powerful anticonvulsant. It has good anxiolytic and muscle relaxant properties aswell.

nitrazepam also, same goes for midazolam, flunitrazepam, triazolam, etc.

in fact, the top of the line anticonvulsants among benzos are nitrazepam, nimetazepam, temazepam, flutoprazepam, and midazolam (all hypnotics).

then clonazepam and lorazepam are second tier.
then phenazepam and diazepam third tier.
then clorazepate and clobazam are fourth tier.

Last edited:
Z-drugs were created as an "improved" version of hypnotic benzos (they cause less disruption to your sleep architecture), while benzo's were an "improved" version of barbiturates. I wonder what will be next? 8)

Temazepam does not mess up your REM sleep, unlike most other benzos. This is why I like it, benzo high + dreams. =D%)