• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does weed make anyone else feel more alert/hyper?

Really depends on the strain for me. Sativas can make me extremely anxious and paranoid so I try to veer away from those, but a good sativa dominant hybrid I've encountered is Permafrost. Got it from the dispensary. Very clearheaded, my mood was lifted, had focused and calm energy, just wanted to get up and do things. Indicas just make me sleepy or too physically impaired to really do anything productive.

For me, weed makes me hyper most times.. And it makes me think more clearly lol

No weed makes me relaxed and sleepy I thought that's what it did to all people you sure your not getting your piff cut with crack or something its more common than most folks think..

Yes. I always smoke something that is sativa dominant before I need to do some work or heavy lifting or w/e. I am more in tune with my body when I am on the medicine.

I don't get sedated at all off weed, I don't find it particularly stimulating but I've done bongload after bongload or blunt after blunt til 5am many a time. I'm naturally kind of wired though the only thing that helps me sleep is seroquel. I've tried using benzos to sleep so I don't have to take the seroquel and I'll black out well before I'm sedated enough to sleep. I also have a weird reaction to alcohol where I drink a shitload and I'm drowsy and I'll sleep an hour but then wake up and sleep is impossible the rest of the night.

It can definitely be stimulating without a doubt, some strains are not for sleep, especially Malawi Gold hash lol, very rare but that was very, very strong. Sativas are the more stimulating and indicas are more relaxing because of the CBD being more present in indicas.

Fuck all makes me 'sleep' lol. I don't have trouble sleeping in general but substances don't do that for me like they can others. Might make it a bit easier to drift off but definitely not like some people can like getting drunk until they fall asleep or take a high amount of valium etc. I often do wonder if years and years of taking epilepsy meds has made me strong headed to that kind of 'ooomf!' that drugs give you like knocking you out, because epilepsy meds constantly make you feel tired so maybe that has part to play I'm not sure.

I've taken all benzos in high doses and ambien too, fentanyl 'blotters' (never IV'd anything in my life), high amounts of alcohol (that stuff just keeps me awake if anything) and weed, but I always smoke weed anyway lol. I think for weed to be 'sleepy' to me I would have to eat a really strong indica edible. I've never mixed a strong opiate with benzos or benzos with alcohol etc because of the CNS depression.

The only stuff that has made me feel I got no control of my body to really move is honestly DMT.

It can make me super hyper, even if Indicia. Right now I can’t stop moving my legs. Sometimes I can’t sfop rocking out to a song and am moving every second feeling that noradrenaline rush.

Other timers I smoke it and my mind is racing a millions thoughts per second, from lunnny lunes to seeing a horse randomly running in my head to the dumbest yet funniest shit when I’m high lol.

But sometimes I smoke the EXACT same weed, and amount, and it makes me tired, but my mind is definitely more active. I can still sleep fine though, if anything it knocks me out (I have extreme insomnia because my mind will not shut off) so it’s extremely odd how marijuana, which increases my thoughts, somehow allows me to sleep at the same time.
It must be because marijuana is producing “calmer thoughts” or something? It’s not blood pressure or anything physically related as I take: Benzos, Benadryl, melatonin, 5htp, Trazadone, and others for sleep. I have even taken all the above PLUS things like Cloidine which lower blood pressue, and Benzos are suppose to be calming yet they never helped me sleep. My body is just dependent on them. So it’s not because marijuana is for example lowering my blood pressure or calming my GABA, thus helping me sleep - can’t be, otherwise Cloidine and Benzo’s would do the same. It’s doing it mentally and I’m not certain how.

If I have a beer or drink with it, then it’s always lights out. If I have like half a beer I can remain stimulated, sometimes even more-so. But consume any more and the buzz turns into passing out asleep.

^^btw sorry about my posts in “other drugs” forum ha, I copied and pasted it because I have to use a different browser for blue light to let me post on it. I didn’t know half the things I said weren’t copied and pasted so it made zero sense, oops lol.