• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does weed make anyone else feel more alert/hyper?

As for the original post: I sure don't, but my boyfriend does. We'll smoke, then I'll lie down on his bed and read the Economist or a book or something (I love reading high) and he'll get up start running around taping shit to his walls or stapling shit to his ceiling. The only exception for me is if I smoke while exercising or doing something active, I get pretty energetic. Over the summer I took five-mile walks every day, hitter in hand.

depends depends depends !!!! I see your on the east coast prod sativa strains like haze being commercially p[produced hence the uplifting !!!!!!!

I always notice that Marijuana actually gives me better concentration than Adderall.

However, Weed totally eliminates any motivation I had to get anything done so I'm only able to concentrate on things I want - which is probably why I always do better when I play video games while baked.....

Anyways, people (meaning pot heads) have told me before that weed "fixes" there ADHD - which I highly doubt to be honest. In fact it's probably the weed that's causing their ADHD. For me - it may make my focus and concentration even better than Adderall - but unlike Adderall - it actually makes me WAY more ADHD because I forget everything within 10 seconds of someone saying it and the only thing I motivated to do is sit back and play some Xbox and with Adderall all I want to do is work.

Salutations everyone,

Euh... What part(s) of a human body is this supposed to be about?

I mean, i've searched for the "P" and "S" words but i got ZERO results in any case.

=D

If I've taken a week or so break, the first time I blaze I may be cognitively impaired, but definitely feel alert until my burn out starts, but when I'm smoking weed erryday, I just feel burnt as fuck all the time

i think if you have a tolerance you might. im ready to go after a wake n bake.

for example, ill get up at 5am for work and by 530 i blaze and by 6 im already on the golf course and working. it wakes me up, i know that.

Smoking sativas and hybrids often keep me from sleeping. I often will feel motivated to go do something rather than just relax when high. Sometimes, even heavy indica strains that would sedate me if I smoked them will stimulate me if I make edibles.

I always notice that Marijuana actually gives me better concentration than Adderall.

totally agree. i have been diagnosed with ADHD and LDs since i was in grade school. for quite a long time i struggled with medication went amp. to amp. then finally stuck with ritilan 10 mg s stopped taking them about 5 years ago and since have been edicating my symptoms with marljuana. i have found that vaping it and concentrates get me in right.
i feel like the high focuses me so much better than ritilan and adderall.
it simplifies my thinking down to the point where i can just focus on one thing.
it sure does help with daily life.
love to answer questions especially about medication and proper ingestion!
LOVE THIS THREAD

No. It makes me half as intelligent and capable as I normally am, therefore I only do it along with stims. (Which I must say, is amazing.)

No. It makes me half as intelligent and capable as I normally am, therefore I only do it along with stims. (Which I must say, is amazing.)

but this is about cannabis making you feel alert and hyper not stims.....

Marijuana makes me more relaxed and that helps me focus. If I smoke too much late at night I have trouble sleeping. It usually helps me get out of bed in the morning.

Salutations Weekend Addiction,

If I smoke too much late at night I have trouble sleeping.

Usually when this happens to me then it's most probably because my tolerance level just went too high. At that point more Cannabis doesn't help it, evidently... Since i've switched from a "Train Wreck" type of table extractor to a "1 Hit" (125 mg bowl) vaporizer-pipe those T-Break occurences are no big concern of mine anymore.

=D

I have ADHD. I'm the exact same way. Smoking weed makes me way more awake. It actually makes me want to do stuff. I just can't organize my thoughts enough to finish a task. I get tired only after it wears off but not tired enough to sleep. Honestly I thought I was the only weird one this happened to. I do believe it's because of ADD/ADHD. Anything with a calming effect or a downer has always had an opposite effect on me. Which happens when you have ADD and ADHD. We're opposite of most people so it makes sense to me.

That's weird I havn't smoked in years when I took 1 hit it made me awake as well as when I used to smoke a lot and it did the same thing by keeping me awake.maybe I'm just odd?

For me it depends a lot on who I am with, and where I am. If I'm home alone/with a small group of friends then I 'mong' out big time. But if I'm with other friends, and somewhere like a park or a party, then I get fits of giggles and have a general social-ability increase!

Hey

I can not believe i am replying to this old post... There's a part of me that thinks you're being serious, but there's a part of me thats like no way does he really do this. Either way I got a chuckle from this

I am retired and tend to sit around too much. I smoke weed to help me get up and do some work around the house and the yard. A little bowl every hour starting at sunrise works great. I especially like to get high and use sharp tools. The machete is my favorite. Climbing to the top of the ladder to trim tree branches is a blast. As long as I'm careful about alcohol, no problem.

(I only use sativa in this tropical country.)

I can not believe i am replying to this old post... There's a part of me that thinks you're being serious, but there's a part of me thats like no way does he really do this. Either way I got a chuckle from this

I can't believe that reviving this old post (after probably lurking for a while) was the final straw to you making an account.

Welcome to Bluelight, and more specifically CD. =D

As far as this thread topic goes, I find it's all about set, setting, strain genetics and current mood & energy level. I've gotten hype as shit off of indicas before and I've had sativa that'll knock my ass flat. All depends on how I feel going into the session when extremely weird shit like that happens.

And sometimes it's just a particular strain that clicks with *you* in a particular way, for whatever reason. Normally those are either really, really good or fucking terrible experiences, lol. When a certain strain hits you differently than others it can kind of go 50/50 from being a good high or a panicky one, a speedy head high versus a full-body couchlocked high.

I smoke hash, and I can't get my head around why sometimes I'm totally relaxed and other times the hash stimulates me to the point where I can't sleep and my mind starts racing with a myriad of thoughts and connections...not necessarily negative, although sometimes I'm given things to consider that affect my future. This is from the same hash, so it's not a case of different strains. I think, maybe, the hash just magnifies the subconscious minds. If we're relatively chill, we get nice and relaxed. If we have ongoing issues that lay just beneath the surface, they rear up and demand our attention with the aim of a resolve.

the hash just magnifies the subconscious minds. If we're relatively chill, we get nice and relaxed. If we have ongoing issues that lay just beneath the surface, they rear up and demand our attention with the aim of a resolve.

Exactly, dude, 100% agreed.

If something's really bothering you, sometimes smoking weed is only going to make that stressful thought cycle worse instead of better. There's just so many variables involved, and it's not only just what kind of weed you're smoking.