• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does weed make anyone else feel more alert/hyper?

Oh i do!

ive noticed, when i started about 2 yrs ago, i found i could sleep easier.!
but now, ive bin having spliffs like near enough every night just 1, for bedtime!
ive cut down alot really,
i used to use a shottie alot, quit that!
then i had a full spliff kingskin one, at nights, that went down to a single skin!
because i got the feeling of the pulse around the body, wich feels like its going to leadup to a panic attack but doesent, sometimes.. its weird. and also i get that thing where when your relaxed like suddenly ya hole body just jumps! its well weird. haha so i think sooner or later i will be quitting, i dont smoke cigerettes. or anything.. so aha probleys gunna quit soon or just smoke now n again when i want too D: just incase any other problems acure. ive learnt alot about myself and how weed affects me. i think its just over relaxed me! or somethin Baha.

I think your right, granted I only have about 15 years under my belt but the stuf now adays is way way better. 2 hits and im good.

You are correct-o-mundo, my friend. I take 2-3 bonghits [or 2-3 vapehits] & I'm tore-up from the floor up.
Giant kudos to these new 'gourmet-growers', as they've taken weed to the next level.:\=D

yeap im always laughin dancing , singing , doin b-sh!t , and after about 3 h , im sitting and chilling with loud loud music :)

On pretty much cannabis product with the exceptions of A) a pure indica; B) an Indica dominant strain; or C) a dark hashish, I cannot go to sleep within a few hours of smoking.

Most ganja makes me feel very alert these days, but this has been since smoking it less often (no tolerance); and only smoking it pure (it seems that adulterating the herb with tobacco makes it more sedative).

I love how it perks me up - even feels a bit racey sometimes - need to breathe deep when I'm lifting off.

Last edited:
i get quite "aware" and my brain races, but physically i feel very slow and lazy. the only stimulation i get off it is anxiety now and again

I cannot go to sleep on usually within a few hours of smoking.

Most ganja makes me feel very alert these days, and only smoking it pure (it seems that adulterating the herb with tobacco makes it more sedative).

I love how it perks me up.

Sorry I had to 'edit' your post a little to suit my statements, but I'm with you. The people that say they like to smoke for helping with sleep is exactly the opposite for me. That'd be like me pulling a rail of meth & taking a nap. Just cannot do. 9 times outta 10, toking weed makes me alert & ready to par-tay!! Unless it's a strong indica.
Now 1 thing I've noticed & hear a lot of = mixing tobacco with reefer. That is not something we do in the USA. At least in the 41 yrs of my dabbling in doobage, I have been cross-country 3-4 times & have never run into anyone here who mixes weed with tobacco.
Is that supposed to make 1 higher? Or is it more of a weed conservation deal? I quit cigs 3 yrs ago after 4 decades of smoking & I'm not about to let nicotine back into my system...whether it works or not.:\

yo just looking at your edit of my post, which didn't make sense, made me look at my post again...which made just as little sense. Edited. haha.

THe tobacco thing I'm not sure - they do it in India, Spain and portugal with hashish, but I'm not sure where it originated. It's a stupid idea - it makes the high rubbish compared to pure.

When I first started smoking at age 16, I would smoke a bowl every night and put Dark Side of the Moon on headphones, and be asleep before the album was over.

Now, almost 25 years later, if I smoke two small hits of weed at bedtime, I will be awake for half of the night. My mind doesn't stop, and I have lots of energy.

The change took around 10 years of lots of smoking, but somehow my reaction changed drastically.

Now, I use weed to stay awake when I am very tired and have to be productive.

Weed makes me energetic

Yes yes yes!!! Unfortunately I actually felt crazy (or was made to feel crazy) when I was with people who just wanted to sit around. They wanted to mellow out and talk bulls*t and I wanted to climb a tree! Or play football, or wrestle a dog. Or sing a song. Or go to the gym. Or be loud, or just get out in the world and mix it up. A carnival or theme park is not a bad place to be.

It's great if the people you get high with have the same energy level as you. But it's a bad idea if they go the opposite way. It can f**k you up, mess with your soul.

Hell yeah, weed is a stimulant. I can't fall asleep on any weed unless I'm really, really tired. I feel the stimulation with all strains but the more sativa it is the more energetic you seem to be able to get before you get that fuzzy, burnt out feeling.

Pot (esp. staivas) makes my ticker go into overdrive, it's kinda scary. I get sweats sometimes too.

Cannabis can motivate and buzz me up right after a toke or a session but very shortly after no longer than 20-30 minutes I start to get into a mellow phase that lasts the rest of the high. And I can only get the "alert motivated buzz" if it's my first or second time smoking in a day, after that the lethargy sets in.

yes!!!

Most ganja makes me buzz like I'm on a lil bit of speed!

It takes me hours to get to sleep after a spliff of anything that isn't a pure/heavily dominant Indica strain.

Love it - natural buzz, so beautiful.

have you tried eating weed... for me it tends to be more of a heavy ,really tired ,my eyes are burning cuz im so freakin high kind of thing.

I probably wont fall asleep right after smoking but as soon as I come down a little I get kinda sleepy

Hell yeah, weed is a stimulant. I can't fall asleep on any weed unless I'm really, really tired. I feel the stimulation with all strains but the more sativa it is the more energetic you seem to be able to get before you get that fuzzy, burnt out feeling.

Exactly for me as well. I don't understand these people who toke & then hit the sack. For 1 reason, seems like a waste to me...& 2ndly, weed acts like a stimulant for me. There's no way I could go to sleep after toking some of my weed. Especially the infamous GREEN CRACK!!8o!!

Pot (esp. staivas) makes my ticker go into overdrive, it's kinda scary. I get sweats sometimes too.

heh, I can relate. It's like your heart is on some ride, the way it beats monotonously yet quick and hard. When it's mild it actually makes the high more 'exciting,' but too much of it and the anxiety sets in and you really start to feel like you're being taken over or having a heart attack.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of people who said yes. I never understood the idea of sleeping on weed when it works so poorly for this purpose every time I try it.

Last edited:
The great thing about weed for me anyway, is it is versatile. I can smoke a blunt and chill at home just riding out my high not asleep but i like to close my eyes and listen to music for the most euphoria(feels like I'm riding a roller coaster in tha clouds) and that's great for really enjoying the herb but I can also smoke it and go do important shit no problem. You can smoke it and make it feel stimulating or narcotic nod like just depends what I'm in the mood for. Remember it is a hallucinogen so ur mind affects it, just have to find that feelin man!
After my first two years of smoking daily You learn to "ride the high man"
-peace
After my