Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux Deux! (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thizzerfershizzer said:
9/10
A classic banger. I remember being at a rave and a dj dropped this track with a huge breakdown entrance, and I lost my shit. Ahhh gettin the chills just thinking about it!

Man I would LOVE to hear 'Pump Up The Volume' over a good club soundsystem - I reckon I would seriously lose my shit too!!!!!

I don't know what you call this style of drum n bass, but it really isn't my cup of tea. This song was especially boring - it just did the same thing from start to finish, and let's face it - those heavy synth lines are hardly anything revolutionary. 4/10.

This next track takes a long time to get going, but when the bassline finally drops after 6 minutes, it's well worth the wait :)

Rob & Goldie - The Shadow (Process mix)

Man I would LOVE to hear 'Pump Up The Volume' over a good club soundsystem - I reckon I would seriously lose my shit too!!!!!

I don't know what you call this style of drum n bass, but it really isn't my cup of tea. This song was especially boring - it just did the same thing from start to finish, and let's face it - those heavy synth lines are hardly anything revolutionary. 4/10.

This next track takes a long time to get going, but when the bassline finally drops after 6 minutes, it's well worth the wait :)

Rob & Goldie - The Shadow (Process mix)

One of the best build ups I've ever heard. I'm not even a dnb person but shit was banging at 6mins.

Gouryella - Ligaya (Yoji Biomehanika Remix)

I absolutely LOVE 'Pjanoo', and if you had posted that on it's own, I would have given it at least a 9/10. But who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to combine it with one of the cheesiest vocals ever????????????? Arrrrrrrgggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure what else to say - I guess it's a testament to how good Pjanoo is that the vocal doesn't completely ruin it............but still............... 5/10.

Sebastian Leger - The People (Eric Prydz remix)

MDMAhead said:
That was fucking amazing!!! Not quite house, not quite electro, not quite synthpop, but whatever this is, it would absolutely blow my mind if I heard it in a club in the late '80s (especially if I was on ecstasy)!!! 9/10.
I think it's EBM, which is a sub-genre of industrial. And yeah it's a really good song I think.
3/10
I don't see the appeal of this kind of music. It's kind of a mediocre song, and sounds like it was made for 13 year old girls. I hate how the volume quickly pulses up and down. That is very unpleasant sounding and adds nothing to the song.

Dave Angel - Trip to Darkness

Got my good headphones on. So let's get going. When it does the long winding cord at the end of every 32 beat, it sounds oddly familiar. Mario samples. It's got a bit of everything.

Wow! This is real great tune. Talk about love making music. heh.

9/10... it really is complete and it has enough going on to keep my interested.

Now... one of the best electro bangers of last year, and it was late last year.

Alex Metric - Gusto

LISTEN! (A remix of this track is going to be one of the best tracks of this year, I feel...)

Now... one of the best electro bangers of last year, and it was late last year.

Alex Metric - Gusto

LISTEN! (A remix of this track is going to be one of the best tracks of this year, I feel...)

I used to be an absolutely HUGE Adam Freeland fan. But I feel he lost his way a bit when he started playing these kind of electrohouse tracks, with massive synth riffs and huge builds/breakdowns. That could've been worse, but was nothing amazing imo. 5/10.

Cosmos - Take Me With You (clear version)

This is pretty sweet. The bass seems a bit heavy for the rest of the track, and if I heard it through a system I'm sure I'd enjoy it but I think I might find the treble sounds a bit lacking. It'd sound sicker being mixed into other tracks by someone with some skill. 6/10.

House of House - Rushing to Paradise (Walkin' These Streets)

I just discovered this track today and I'm retroactively judging it to be the best track released in 2009, and possibly the best house track I've ever heard, period. It is so fucking good. The Youtube recording cuts 3 minutes off, it's supposed to be a full 13, but the bulk of it is there.

10/10
bit minimal all around but deep and smooth and soulful the way deep house should be. The piano gets funky, the chords give me an electro ::vibe:::goosebumps:::, which i fucking love and then the vocals come in during the breakdown keeping the climax going long after. Its pretty impossible not to move to this one. This song makes me feel funny... great find and thank you for sharing.

---------
This song sounds like it should be on an T-Mobile commercial but its fun and I love watching the vid
Stylophonic - Play That Music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLk_vi7jx9U

Status
Not open for further replies.