• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Megathread and FAQ

We can't speculate as to the contents of the pills if they are indeed fakes, but if they are fent, or even a small portion of them are, this would be a very, very bad idea. I'd dispose of them immediately, myself.

Hey Steady, good advice but a bit too late. He ended up trying to smoke a small amount of the one of the pills already. Here is a part of what he said about it:

GeometricVision said:
To gauge the potency and in fear of snorting even too little and possibly o.d.ing i crushed it up and put the littliest amount possible to be vaporized on foil to start off. Well all it took was that one little hit and istantly sent me up to the clouds with a fat nod and i was seriously scared cuz ive never gotten that high soo fast off of soo little(first time smoking fent too as ive only chewed the patches before) i had to keep up my breathing. I was just amazed that the fake fent pressed roxys could even be vaporized and smoked like the real blues, i was half expecting it not not work or be inactive due to the smallest amount i put on foil but man was i wrong. That was fucking intense. Please listen to these people here and be smart and dont do anything stupid! I imagine i would have o.d.ed putting even a quarter of the crushed pill on and smoking it.

He got lucky.

It's dangerous to use these fake pills because the amount in each pill can vary too much. One pill might have so little fent that it barely gives a buzz while another pill might have enough to kill.

Jesus, lucky is an understatement, and a harsh lesson in why fentanyl and it's analogues aren't to be trifled with, along with fake pills containing who knows what, from benign powder to carfent that might take out the household.

anyone selling fentanyl as oxy should be at the very least put in jail for mass murder - and yet we let it happen. so sad

Hey guys looking for advice I get prescribed 120mg ox er twice a day and have had the fortune (good or bad to be decided) of coming into a 12 mcg fent patch will I be ok to put the full patch on and should I stay of the ox while wearing

Last edited:
Cheers for all the speedy reply?s guys
Llf I figured it out now so will update once it kicks in

Sorry Mr. Nightraver. I would've gotten back sooner, but it's not clear what you were up to. Are you saying you're actually prescribed 240mg of oxycodone per day? And yet you have a fentanyl patch containing a mere 12ug. I don't think they even go as low as 12ug/hr.

Normally you should absolutely avoid all other downers and opioids while using a fentantyl patch, that is absolutely true.

Hi guys, checking in....

long time lurker here, used bluelight.org/ru for close to 20 years when googling drug resources.

I have a genetic joint disease that causes me a lot of pain. I'm no stranger to opiates and have been on them since I was a teenager. However, I never ever got dependant in that time. I was using codeine/dhc/tramadol and occasionally morphine but I could always stop and didn't care if I ran out.

Then I had a big flair up and I got put on low level fentanyl patches temporarily. That was the start of my incredibly fucked descent into full blown opiate addiction. For the next few months it slowly built up into caining my prescription within a few days then doing whatever I could to illegally obtain fentanyl/fentalogues and if I couldn't get those then heroin, oxy etc but my tolerance has just gone through the roof I need a shed load of even that! I can get Zomorph morphine tablets but I find now I need 400mg orally just to get a buzz which, although I can't discuss pricing isn't financially viable at all.

I have my best friends stag do and wedding which I am best man for coming up in June and July. I really, really want to be clean for then....

argh 8(

It's not even the physical aspect. It's the insidious mental draw, the intense drug searching dreams etc. I was so unprepared for this.

Hey thanks for the reply yes I?m prescribed the ox but someone gave me the fent so was unsure about it
Sorry for the earlier sarcastic post I was pretty fucked up and did not realise how sarcastic it sounded

Hey guys I have alot of experience with fent patches unfortunately and can answer any questions.

First of all FUCK apotex brand. I had one yesterday and had to do the WHOLE THING buccally to get buzzed. Waste of fucking money. Have alvogen right now, can safely use 1/3 of a patch at first and then up to 1/2 of the same patch total an hour later. MUCH BETTER USE OF MONEY! No rush, but the buzz is fucking worth it. This is buccal use.

Hi all,
I have come across 2 mylan 50mcg patches that i have been cutting and using buccally to combat any withdrawals from a 100mg a day norco habit for about a month.
Can anyone tell me after placing in my mouth about how long it takes for all the fentanyl to be gone? Can i take it out and put back in later to redose?
Also i plan to taper this way and cut the strips smaller and smaller, doing this will it help alleviate any major shitty withdrawal? Or would it be best to just place a portion of the patch on my skin after reducing down to a certain point?
Any prompt responses would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi all,
I have come across 2 mylan 50mcg patches that i have been cutting and using buccally to combat any withdrawals from a 100mg a day norco habit for about a month.
Can anyone tell me after placing in my mouth about how long it takes for all the fentanyl to be gone? Can i take it out and put back in later to redose?
Also i plan to taper this way and cut the strips smaller and smaller, doing this will it help alleviate any major shitty withdrawal? Or would it be best to just place a portion of the patch on my skin after reducing down to a certain point?
Any prompt responses would be appreciated.
Thanks

I hate to tell you this but you are using something WAY stronger than 100 mg of Norco a day.
This is not "tapering you down" it is getting you strung out!
If you think the withdrawal from Norco is bad, wait until you get the withdrawal from that fentanyl stuff!

Please stop using that immediately and you will see what I am saying to you!
You are getting yourself into a major problem!

Go back to the norco and taper down with that.

I am not using the full 50mcg a day. i am using a strip cut from it that would total around 6mcg/hr pieces. i am using about 1 of those 6mcg strips a day by placing in mouth around 3 times a day for about an hour.
The equal analgesic for 6mcg patch assuming that I'm getting every bit of it buccaly and all 72hrs worth at one time is equal to 30mg morphine total give or take. and that is if the buccal biovalibility is 100%, and from what I've read it is only around 50-60%.
I can't imagine this is worse than 100mg norco a day. but if i am wrong, please correct me and show me how i calculated this wrong.
I am not very savvy with fentanyl, but have dabbled in the past, so if my thinking/calculation is wrong, someone please put me on the right track.
Also i don't have access to any more norco, I've got one more 50mcg patch, i am really just wanting to know what the best way is to slowly reduce the amount of opiates hitting the receptors so that in a few days it will be easier to cold turkey.

I am not using the full 50mcg a day. i am using a strip cut from it that would total around 6mcg/hr pieces. i am using about 1 of those 6mcg strips a day by placing in mouth around 3 times a day for about an hour.
The equal analgesic for 6mcg patch assuming that I'm getting every bit of it buccaly and all 72hrs worth at one time is equal to 30mg morphine total give or take. and that is if the buccal biovalibility is 100%, and from what I've read it is only around 50-60%.
I can't imagine this is worse than 100mg norco a day. but if i am wrong, please correct me and show me how i calculated this wrong.
I am not very savvy with fentanyl, but have dabbled in the past, so if my thinking/calculation is wrong, someone please put me on the right track.
Also i don't have access to any more norco, I've got one more 50mcg patch, i am really just wanting to know what the best way is to slowly reduce the amount of opiates hitting the receptors so that in a few days it will be easier to cold turkey.

Does anyone else have any input on this predicament I'm in?

Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opioid drug which is approximately 100 times more powerful than morphine (source: Janssen Pharmaceuticals Canada).

I'm not lying to you my friend. I don't know where you got the information that fentanyl was anywhere near equal to 30 mg morphine.
You could now take 100 mg Norco and it would not have any effect.

You are lucky you are not dead but I am worried about you. If I was you, I would cut those last strips into tiny pieces and wean yourself down very carefully. Please check in and let me know how it is going.

The transdermal bioavailability is 92% if wikipedia is to be trusted. The buccal only 50%. From what I understand in a 50mcg/hour patch there is 5.1 mg of fent. So a 6mcg/hour piece has 5100mcg/50mcg x 6mcg = 612mcg. Bioavailibility cuts that number in half if everything is absorbed so 306mcg that are actually available. Fentanyl is 50 to 100 times stronger than Morphine so the equianalgesic dose would be a minimum of 306 x 50 = 15300mcg = 15.3mg Morphine if everything was absorbed (not sure if 3 hours buccally are enough for that) or a maximum of 306 x 100 = 30600 = 3,6mg Morphine.

So I think your math was correct.

Hydrocodone and Morphine are equianalgesic so you lowered your habit to a third of what it was and got rid of the Acetaminophen which is hella bad for you at that habit over time.

Does anybody know about Abstral sublingual fentanyl tablets - is the fentanyl evenly distributed to the pill so that cutting it to pieces would be a possible way of dosing it?

I'm also wondering how would I compare 400mcgs of sublingual fentanyl to oral morphine or oxycodone. The web conversion calculators do not seem to offer the possibility to measure fentanyl for sublingual dosing.

The transdermal bioavailability is 92% if wikipedia is to be trusted. The buccal only 50%. From what I understand in a 50mcg/hour patch there is 5.1 mg of fent. So a 6mcg/hour piece has 5100mcg/50mcg x 6mcg = 612mcg. Bioavailibility cuts that number in half if everything is absorbed so 306mcg that are actually available. Fentanyl is 50 to 100 times stronger than Morphine so the equianalgesic dose would be a minimum of 306 x 50 = 15300mcg = 15.3mg Morphine if everything was absorbed (not sure if 3 hours buccally are enough for that) or a maximum of 306 x 100 = 30600 = 3,6mg Morphine.

So I think your math was correct.

Hydrocodone and Morphine are equianalgesic so you lowered your habit to a third of what it was and got rid of the Acetaminophen which is hella bad for you at that habit over time.

It may vary from brand to brand but both Janson Ciag Durogesic and Sandoz Mezolar matrix brand both contain 8.6mg fent per patch not 5.1 (but as i say this may vary, I dont know what brands you have in the States

While the conversion to morphine has generally been taken as 100/1 there are many sources that now put this at 150/1 and in fact this is the number that the doctors in my area have been told to use (that is 1mg fent = 150mg oral morphine).

Ive found using the patches buccaly, most of the glue (which contains the drug) is absorbed bucally in a couple of hours or less (some will obviously be swallowed inadvertantly) and your figure of 50% bioavailability is also the figure ive read too).

It creaps up on you very fast by this method though and ramps tollerance up fast.. anyone doing this should be very careful obviously.

fentanyl is a horrible deadly drug

I been on a ride.
prescribed fentanyl for 3weeks had to come off, made me feel homicidal/suciidal at times, I would get a bad rattle after 50hours and my ibs kick in bad.
I'd feel smashed off it the first day, did get good euphoria at times for like a hour then feel dysphoric.
I did try a spare patch out tiny bits in boiling hot water then snort the water and put it under my tongue.
felt amazing for a bit then I took more and felt like a car was driving on my chest.
The switch to oxycodone 80mg isnt nice, I havnt took them since saturday and still feel restless.

It killing people everywhere, it really is for dieing people or really old people in pain not a 25 year old male with fibromyalgia.
but hes going to want to take my instants off me I might just say change them to extended 10mg twice a day onto my others and just crush the fuckers.

but yeah fuck fentanyl ive got 3 25micrograms/hr patches and not even been tempted, might return them dont want to sell them anybody even tho am skint.
keeping them for if my life still a bag of shit in 5 years or when all my family is gone.

How is the intensity of pain experienced proportional to age? You say fentanyl is not for a 25 year old with fibro, but I dont understand what you base that on? The fact you had a bad withdrawal?

I was prescribed fent patches after a back surgery at age 32. I was on oxy and the pain was so bad that fent kept me from killing myself. I tapered off of the patch by cutting it smaller and smaller (matrix patches only!) And had the easiest withdrawal I have ever had in my life from any opioid.

When people decide to IV illicit fent from China and then die, they made thier own bed and that happening should have ZERO bearing on the availability of perfectly safe pharmaceutical fent for those in pain that dont plan to IV it.

I did overdose on abused fent. It was solely my fault and I take ownership and do not blame the medical establishment like you and everyone else wants to scape goat.