• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Megathread and FAQ

AFOAF, just wanted to share this picture of their extraction of spent fentanyl gel patches. AFOAF get's the 50mcg/hour gel patches. Only 10 in a month. In another state AFOAF lived in they were getting the same gel patches only the doc was giving them to AFOAF 15 a month so 1 every 48 hours instead of every 72/hours. Problem is, when AFOA gets the 10 for this month, They sit in the parking lot after getting the script filled and immediately put 1 on, usually on their chest. The other 9 this last month, AFOAF wound up using all in 2 days. Guess they have a very high tolerance.

So now he's been doing extraction's and using the white powder residue that is left on the foil, after the 91% IPA extraction process and smoking it. AFOAF will even get a pretty good nod, depending on how much is in the concentration. AFOAF has been doing this quite a long while, and if the pharmacy AFOAF goes to doesn't have the gel ones, they'll drive all over to find the right ones. AFOAF has taken pics to show the results of the last extract, but isn't sure how to post the pic. If anyone knows, or even have any questions or comments or concerns/suggestions please respond ASAP. Thanks,

Much love fellow BlueLighters.

So I posted last night about AFOAF and their extract process. But now AFOAF wants to know about what the conversion should be if AFOAF had been on a Methadone Maintenance Program for 3 years at a 1 time daily dose of 90-100mg, and is getting the Fent Patches now instead. AFOAF has said that it doesn't seem to be enough (The Fent 50mcg/hour). To the point where when AFOAF wakes up in the morning, his entire body feels somewhat numb/tingling feeling/pulsating feeling, almost like they feel their entire heartbeat throughout their entire body. This isn't something this person had ever experienced with patches until now, the Methadone never did this either, but once he got off the M.M.P. this feeling started happening, and has continued even to this day. It doesn't happen constantly, mainly when this person wakes up, sometimes it'll wake AFOAF up in the middle of the night. Or even when they are just sitting down. Any suggestions as to what this could be?

Did anyone else read the studies where subjects were unaware of which they were taking for pain, Bupe or Fent, and the bupe patch seemed to actually relieve pain better in every way except 12 months and beyond, at which point the fent population was asking for substantially less rescue doses? I am considering adding the 7.5mcg butrans patch to my 15mg 3X daily morphinedose. Anybody think it will be worth the constipation? My neck pain makes my life hellish at times. Thanks :)

I have a fentanyl problem. I got my hands on a 75mcg/HR patch. I am thinking of cutting it into pieces. But I am new to fentanyl so i am not sure the safest way to go about it. I am not new to opiates by any means going on 10 year addiction. Anything anyone knows would be helpful.

I understand the exasperation but there's no need to put salt on the wound, especially when all of us users have been in similar situations before.

This post is why I love this forum. So intelligent, so kind.

Ingesting Fentanyl Patches - Found awesome medical data

I found an awesome medical paper, written by two doctors, with some great clinical data on ingesting Fentanyl patches. It's written from an ER doctors pov. Good stuff.

This is the link directly to the PDF file:
http://www.moshp.com/associations/10761/files/Fentanyl Patch.pdf

To download or read via browser here's the link for that. The file you're looking for is about 1/4 down the page entitled "Fentanyl Patch..pdf"
http://www.moshp.com/associations/10761/files/

So I have the 12.5 mcg mylan patches tried a 1/4 of one for about 15 minutes under my tongue nothing at all happened ? Tried half still nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Thinking maybe a whole one? I do have a tolerance 40 mg of hydro and or oxy at a time couple times a day. Any help here?

Hi All - a great thread on Fentanyl and a big shout out and kudos to all those who've spent their spare time advising us on HR advice with regards to Fentanyl use. As most replies just state 'Don't fuck with Fent' - and I've experienced why first hand. I once made an honest mistake in miscalculating my Fent dosage when rotating from Morphine to Fent transdermal patches and OD'd on it at home. However, my dad unexpectedly returned home from work that morning to pick up his mobile phone that he left at home that day to find me KO'd on the bathroom floor to take me to A&E/the ER room for admittance to Hospital and the administration of Naloxone. I don't believe in fate, and it's no exaggeration, but if he hadn't have left his phone at home, I'd most probably have seen my OD through to the end and died at home - due to an accidental miscalculation.

I'm after some HR advice for using Fentanyl recreationally. Does anybody know of an fairly universally accepted rate for converting either oral Oxycodone/Morphine doses to buccal Fent patch doses?

I just want some guidance on the opening post's accuracy with regards to recreational use of Fent, as whilst I really do appreciate the guidance, I'm not convinced by it's accuracy? Before I go on, I used to be a chronic pain management patient with 3 years of opiate use and at points I used to use Fentanyl trans patches for therapeutic pain relief. I withdrew from daily opiate use last month on 4th July and have just started using them after 1 month sober as a weekend treat . I have 3x 12mcg patches that are due to expire in 8 weeks so want to use them whilst I can. My tolerance is currently at ~60mg Oxycodone/100mg Morphine for recreational use.

The quote:
For “fun” Fentanyl should be approached with great caution [...] But I’m just going to declare I wouldn’t advise anyone with a tolerance that is less than, say around, 120mg oral oxy, single dose, to be using this drug any other way than it is intended.

Using the 120mg oral oxy tolerance as a guide Buccal – Start off with cutting the equivalent to 6mcg/hr, so ½ of a 12mcg patch. Place it up against your cheek, avoiding swallowing your saliva, lightly sucking in your cheeks in to apply pressure to it. Make sure it’s the actual sticky adhesive part against your cheek, that’s where the drug is stored after all.

The buccal route has a much faster absorption rate than transdermal, so expect the initial effects to be present around the 15-20min mark, peaking around 60-90mins. If you start to feel uneasy or overwhelmed at any point in time, take the patch out immediately.

So following the aforementioned advice, and halving the 120mg Oxycodone dose to match my 60mg Oxycodone, that would mean halving the suggested 6mcg/hr patch to a 3mcg/hr patch for buccal use - which is just 1/4 of my 12mcg patches. However, 3mcg/hr really doesn't seem to equate to 60mg Oxycodone when used bucally - or am I wrong? That just seems way too low to equate to 60mg Oxycodone/100mg Morphine. Is there any accepted ratio calculation that you guys use?

As said, I have 3x patches so I'm happy to mix it up and whilst I'd like to experience a nice buccal high, I'd also like to try plugging it, just to see what it's like. I've never plugged Fent.

So yeah basically, 60mg Oxycodone/100mg Morphine currently gives me a nice buzz, so:

A) What's an equipotent dose for buccal administration using transdermal ?

B) What's an equipotent dose of Fentanyl for rectal administration?
B2) Should I know anything about plugging Fent before I try? i.e. method of extraction etc...?

Hi All - a great thread on Fentanyl and a big shout out and kudos to all those who've spent their spare time advising us on HR advice with regards to Fentanyl use. As most replies just state 'Don't fuck with Fent' - and I've experienced why first hand. I once made an honest mistake in miscalculating my Fent dosage when rotating from Morphine to Fent transdermal patches and OD'd on it at home. However, my dad unexpectedly returned home from work that morning to pick up his mobile phone that he left at home that day to find me KO'd on the bathroom floor to take me to A&E/the ER room for admittance to Hospital and the administration of Naloxone. I don't believe in fate, and it's no exaggeration, but if he hadn't have left his phone at home, I'd most probably have seen my OD through to the end and died at home - due to an accidental miscalculation.

I'm after some HR advice for using Fentanyl recreationally. Does anybody know of an fairly universally accepted rate for converting either oral Oxycodone/Morphine doses to buccal Fent patch doses?

I just want some guidance on the opening post's accuracy with regards to recreational use of Fent, as whilst I really do appreciate the guidance, I'm not convinced by it's accuracy? Before I go on, I used to be a chronic pain management patient with 3 years of opiate use and at points I used to use Fentanyl trans patches for therapeutic pain relief. I withdrew from daily opiate use last month on 4th July and have just started using them after 1 month sober as a weekend treat . I have 3x 12mcg patches that are due to expire in 8 weeks so want to use them whilst I can. My tolerance is currently at ~60mg Oxycodone/100mg Morphine for recreational use.

The quote:

So following the aforementioned advice, and halving the 120mg Oxycodone dose to match my 60mg Oxycodone, that would mean halving the suggested 6mcg/hr patch to a 3mcg/hr patch for buccal use - which is just 1/4 of my 12mcg patches. However, 3mcg/hr really doesn't seem to equate to 60mg Oxycodone when used bucally - or am I wrong? That just seems way too low to equate to 60mg Oxycodone/100mg Morphine. Is there any accepted ratio calculation that you guys use?

As said, I have 3x patches so I'm happy to mix it up and whilst I'd like to experience a nice buccal high, I'd also like to try plugging it, just to see what it's like. I've never plugged Fent.

So yeah basically, 60mg Oxycodone/100mg Morphine currently gives me a nice buzz, so:

A) What's an equipotent dose for buccal administration using transdermal ?

B) What's an equipotent dose of Fentanyl for rectal administration?
B2) Should I know anything about plugging Fent before I try? i.e. method of extraction etc...?

For HR reasons I always over-estimate the potency of fentanyl at 100x iv morphine, but in reality fentanyl citrate (what's in most medical product) is 60-70x iv morphine and fentanyl HCL (common street fent) is around 85x iv morphine. oral morphine being 1/4 as potent as iv. I prefer to use the 100x calculation because it is easy to do and you need not adjust for cross tolerance. 100mg oral morphine = 25mg IV morphine = 250mcg (.25mg) morphine IV. I'd start with around 250mcg buccally just to make sure you're not hyper sensitive to it and it doesn't cause chest wall rigidity (very rare), than work you're way up 50mcg at a time. Never NEVER EVER mix fent with anything else such as benzos and/or alcahol or other opioids. Honestly, fentanyl is a lot better for pain management than recreation. I'd recommend not using any other route than buccally as tolerance will build very quickly if plugged, iv'd or used intranasally. I take fentanyl for severe pain and on a bad day I can get up to 50-75mg yes MG not mcg, per day, that's how high my tolerance got when I used it improperly.

If you choose to regularly use fentanyl, be cautious and control your usage, limit your daily intake and try ti achieve a stable dosage so tolerance increases minimally... If your fentanyl tolerance gets extremely high, you will never feel any other opiods again. There's a word that I can't think of right now, but basically it means fentanyl has a property that will increase you're tolerance 5-10x faster than any other drug not counting half life. If you include half life, tolerance can increase up to 50x faster that the common opiates.

I don't recommend fentanyl for anything but pain, as it gives the maximum pain relief with the minimum nod and opiated effects. Be very very careful. I'd recommend you stay with the common opiates and not venture into the world of superpotent opioids.

Also, fentanyl withdrawal is the most intence w/d ever... it only lasts 3 days, but those are the worst 3 days of your life. It feels like you're spine is on fire, breaking and being crushed all at once. The bone pain and muscle pain is extremely severe. The pain in the legs is so severe that I have to crawl up the stairs on all fours. A combination of phenergan or compazine and zofran can barely take away even 50% of the nausea if you're lucky. The sweating is the most severe I've ever experienced. At one point my spine was super hot to the touch, as in it hurt my fingers to touch it as it was so hot.

If you chose to make a habit of it, make sure to have some gabapentin on hand, clondine helps tremendously too if you can get it. I recommend that you take a 3 day break every 2 weeks not 3 weeks. After 2 weeks, when you take a 3 day break, the W/D can be almost completely controlled with gabapentin. This strategy also will keep your tolerance down somewhat and always allow you an out any time you want without such severe withdrawal, it still sucks, but it isn't tartarus in hell. You can still be completely functional. I'm not recommending in any way that a fentanyl habit is a good thing, but most people end up following that path anyway, so I figured I'd supply a guide that will let them quit any time they want.

Heyy, im new to the site. Litterally just signed up. I have a quick question. Im pretty familiar with the fent patch. Although it is rare, so its not often i get to do it. Ive had a few 75-50 mg patches. Always cut them into smaller pieces and chew them to get extremelyyy high. But lately all i can get is the 12 mg patches. I have cut them in half and been pretty buzzed but it only seems to get weaker and last shorter. So my QUESTION IS should i just stick the whole patch on my body instead of chew it???
Of course i could try not cutting it and chewing the whole thing, but i dont want to be drooling lol
My tolerance is ok, not too high but not low either so im basically wondering if it would be worth it to try sticking it or would it be a waste.. thanks!!

I jut recently was prescribed fentanyl patches, I leave it on for a couple days then I'll throw it in my mouth. I'm not sure if I'm chewing them right. I could use some advice on how to do it properly. My doc wanted me to try these, he knows that they are not strong enough for me, but he wanted me to get used to the fentanyl before he prescribed stronger one. Please give advice on how to chew it

I got a question, I just stared the patches, I've heard that you can chew them, but how exactly? Do I just chew and chew and chew? Or is it best to keep it flat and suck on it,?

Heyy, im new to the site. Litterally just signed up. I have a quick question. Im pretty familiar with the fent patch. Although it is rare, so its not often i get to do it. Ive had a few 75-50 mg patches. Always cut them into smaller pieces and chew them to get extremelyyy high. But lately all i can get is the 12 mg patches. I have cut them in half and been pretty buzzed but it only seems to get weaker and last shorter. So my QUESTION IS should i just stick the whole patch on my body instead of chew it???
Of course i could try not cutting it and chewing the whole thing, but i dont want to be drooling lol
My tolerance is ok, not too high but not low either so im basically wondering if it would be worth it to try sticking it or would it be a waste.. thanks!!

Im not sure how to chew it. Should I keep it flat in my mouth and kinda suck on it, or just chew the shit out of it

hold the sticky part against your cheek and try not to swallow too much saliva. That should last you 4-6 hours. You can gently chew on it and reapply on the side of your cheek once your high starts to wane.

So I have read this entire thread and looked at the dose conversion table and have not found much information on the 1600mcg actiq lollies. Anyone use these regularly? If so, how do they work for you?

I'm a CPP and have been prescribed 10/325 hydro 5 daily and ms contin 30 2x daily but I usually end up taking double that and run out of pills early and my PM refuses to change my meds. Anyway I got my hands on some 1600 mg actiq lollies and started small and only ate about 1/4 of it. Waited 45 mins, didn't feel much, so ate more, waited and more. Never felt a rush or euphoria of any kind. Pain control was decent compared with what I was taking but had to eat almost whole lollie for that.

Overall it was kind of meh, any thoughts?

I searched BL and read this thread but couldn't find an answer to my question so thought I would ask here:

Why does it say not to cover a fent patch with a bandaid? Why does it have to be a clear cover? I have large waterproof bandaid to use over my patch to ensure it doesn't fall off but I don't want to use a band aid if it somehow makes the patch ineffective.

TIA for your reply :)

Hey I just got ahold of some fentanyl spray... It's 600mcg a spray I was wondering how I can break that down to smaller doses I think 600 is a little much for me lol... Any suggestions? Spray on weed and smoke? spray in water and drop? Spray in dope pipe and vape?

No no no no youre going to waste your subsys all of the fentanyl products that are not patches are very expensive and as far as I know especially with the nasal spray and the sub lingo spray which I know you have the sublingual spray called subsys.not do anything with it except lift your tongue up and spray it under your tongue then let it dissolve you can't squirt have failed or anything like that it will all come out. All of these products the TRF products instant release fentanyl are extremely expensive because of the way they are made. The one that seems to relieve the most pain for me is the lazanda the nasal spray but it's like $30,000 a month from my insurance to pay in the subsys isn't far behind that I've tried all of that onsolis and it doesn't seem that great anyways its just a little past that dissolves inside your cheek and then there's ABSTRAL which is sublingual and dissolve so fast and I'm currently on fentora which I don't like very much but it's like 207 tablets for 15 bucks through a coupon

The lazanda and subsys are the best because they are absorbed into the bloodstream the fastest, faster than any of the others which means the potency is stronger as it may be slightly slower than IV it is really fast but they're also the two most expensive

First time posting anything on here.

Anyways I have a tolerance of about 100mg of narcos. I would say my opioid tolerance is pretty low considering I can take 3 or 4 narcos and feel pretty chill. Anyways I've came upon a 50mcg fentanyl patch. Which I've gotten for a considerable low cost, I would compare it to the cost of 4 10mg narcos where I am from. I've had it for about 2 weeks and have been very cautious do to the fact of all the things I've read about fentanyl online. So I have a tremendous amount of respect for this drug.

Anyways, last night I decided to cut a small square off the patch last night and gum it. I didn't really feel much. So this morning when I woke up I cut a larger portion of the patch off and began to gum the strip. It's been about 45-1hr and I do feel relaxed and calm. I would say I would prefer a narco high compared to this. I would say it's fairly safe if you start by cutting small portions and giving yourself about an hour to see how you feel.