• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Megathread and FAQ

Welp, you got fucked.

No but really I'm glad that you're okay, most of the symptoms you are describing seem to be typical after such a traumatic event, so I wouldn't worry too much about them. The more severe stuff is questionable, but I would assume you passed out and (as common with alot of heavy opiate abusers) simply rested too hard on a certain side of your body, messing with it's circulation/coordination. The results from nodding like this are highly variable, but that's the first thing that came to mind when you said that (not saying that's what it is, just an idea).
I highly doubt you had like, a mini-stroke haha that would seem to have much too severe of consequences for you to just have some dry skin. That's something that could be from a totally unrelated event and it just seems to have correlated, not saying it is, again, just a brainstorm.

I'd say to wait it out, filter out the stuff that persists from the stuff that doesn't, and then go ahead and get it checked out.
No one over the internet can tell you for sure, so keep that in mind.

Oh, also, I went to my doctor about a day after I was discharged from the hospital. He wasn't much help. He told me to take some Advil and Reactin lol. Who knows, maybe that's all I need.

I appreciate the thread you wrote on extracting the patches.

I am new here.

If one was to simply leave a patch like that in a cup of vodka for an hour, would that work?

I don't shoot, and want to find another way.
Thanks

Perhaps plugging may be an effective way to administer? I only have experience with the gel patches thus far regarding Fentanyl. I get a small scale-able

amount of water ( like in a shot glass) and add the gel fillings of the fent into it. Heat up the water and mix the two together. After you can draw the mix into

an oral syringe and rectally administer it. =D

It has been said time and time again. START SMALL. There really is a fine line between Utopia and 6 ft deep under-ground. My brother and I pushed the envelope during our first time trying it, using a whole 75 mg patch. We split the patch and he chewed on the remaining in the pouch. Couple hours later I was giving him CPR and calling the ambulance! I kept him alive long enough for the paramedics to arrive.they shot him with the Narcan and saved his life. Your life is in-valuable. If it takes wasting a couple patches to weigh your tolerance, so be it! Please take our cations seriously as Fentanyl is no joke.

Happy hunting my friends!

I got my hands on 10mg of pure fent.

I dissolved it in a sterile container, that I added 30ml of sterile water too.

I used a mg scale that is accurate to weight it, it was between 9.5-10mg.

That means 300ug per ml of solution, aka .3mg per ml or equopotent to 30mg of morphine each ml.

I stirred the solution vigorously and allowed to sit for several hours. It is completely clear, the fent dissolved almost instantly.

I've been injecting between 1-2ml per dose, which is equal to 30-60mg of morphine injected. I started at 1ml of course and worked my way up to 2ml shots. I wait several hours between doses.

It hasn't caused me to nod yet but provides a fast, pleasant, warm opiate high.

It's not quite as euphoric as say heroin or oxy, but it provides a nice opiate buzz nevertheless and the solution in total is equivalent to 1 gram of iv morphine, or a gram of decent h. The best part is, the pure fent came from a reliable vendor and I was very cautious when handling the fentanyl and making the solution. So back to the best part, the 10mg of fent cost me less then an oxy 40mg would, and yet is equal to like 20 oxy 40mgs, for 2000% cheaper.

I don't have a habit yet either, I've always controlled my usage by going on a few day bender, and then quitting cold turkey for at least a week. Most I've ever had was minor withdrawals that cud be cured by a low dose taper of kratom.

Warning though, fentanyl is dangerous when you take unknown doses of fent gel from the patches or get fent laced heroin. Only use it if you absolutely know the dosage of fent your taking and it should always be dissolved into a liquid solution that is marked as poison or at least some type of warning, and it should be carefully stored out of reach from anyone but yourself as well in the first place. Also, triple check you did your math right when making the solution.

Stay safe fent users.

So, I came across a few boxes of expired duragesic 50ug transdermal patches (the gel ones). After doing a lot of research, I decided to go ahead and give them ago. I haven't worn them, only because when I initially open the package, there is visible gel leaked out of the patch. I know that this has accounted for several fatal OD's, and I understand that once you wear a patch it takes awhile to work/get out of your system.

My tolerance is between 60-110 mg oral oxycodone daily for about 5 months, but have been using for over a year.

So I decided to start sublingual/buccal administration. At first, I put a tiny dot onto a q tip and rubbed it on my gums. nothing. I did this a few more times, and felt a slight buzz, but nothing pronounced. The next day, I cut the strips up and put them under my tougne and let the gel ooze out. I did this with out swallowing for around 20 min- 1 hour and got noticible effects, but nothing compared to oxy. I don't smoke or inject.

Is there a better way to utilize the gel in the old patches? Also, since they are expired, is it possible that they have lost potency?

I think in a 50ug/hr patch there is roughly 5mg of fentanyl. So take a patch that has not leaked or broken, and squeeze all the gel out into a little prescription pill bottle or something with a cap. Now decide how much fent you want per ml. For a 100ug/1 ml solution, measure 50ml of sterile water, add it to the gel and shake vigorously for several hours. You should now have a instant release solution of 100ug fent per ml of water, which is about equal to 10mgs of morphine or a few Percs. You can then dose either sublingually, nasaly, or plug the solution. For all three of these methods, I recommend a 100 unit insulin syringe or a similar needle, which you then can pull the needle tip out of the syringe with a pair of plyers.

Your ready to go, 100 units is close to 3.5mls so 30 units is about a ml. Draw up your dose into your now needle less syringe, and then either slowly drip it into your nostrils, a few drops at a time so it doesn't drip down ur throat. U can also plug it with the syringe, or just drip the solution under your tongue and let it sit for sublingual administration. I wouldn't recommend iving a solution made with gel.

As always with a fent liquid solution, keep it in a dark cool place that is out of reach from children or opiate naive adults. Also label as dangerous so if someone snooping around that just so happens to find it at least has a warning. Careless storage of fentanyl solutions can easily cause death.

Be careful, do your solution math and triple check your math. Fentanyl can be safely administered by a responsible person, but it can also kill you from a simple careless error. So pay attention, stay safe guys.

Well. I just want to say to anyone considering trying fentanyl to be very careful.

Especially in powdered form. I purchased 100 mg's of fentanyl hcl, and lets just say, even though I was trying to dose incredibly small, I ended up almost killing myself.

When people say take small doses of this stuff to start, BELIEVE THEM. Start small.

I took what i thought would be 25 mcg, i dunno I eye'd it out. (another note, don't be a moron like me, always use a scale.)

I woke up and my whole head was throbbing and spinning, my heart was beating really weird, and everything sounded like i was listening through multiple sets of earplugs. Plus lots of tenitus. I remember my dad talking to me, trying to tell me a story, and i could understand, i just remember attempting to be polite and make him leave. it took him forever to get the message. I cant believe he didnt notice how fucked i was.

anyways, he walked away, i got up closed my door, locked it, went back to my bed and passed out, face up.

Its weird, as i think about it now, i wonder to myself, if i died on my bed there. even for just a few minutes. I havent felt right since, and im wondering if maybe i caused significant damage to my brain due to lack of oxygen. I dunno. It feels like I died.

Anyways, eventually, around 8pm, about 12 hours after my dad was trying to talk to me, i woke up. I felt just as bad as before, if not worse. I was truly scared at this point. I believed I was going to die. My room was littered with drug paraphenalia, again I cant believe my dad didnt see any of the stuff when he was talking to me. I got to wonder if he's getting a little senile. I wanted to go to the hospital, but me being me (ie an idiot) i was too scared to get in trouble with my parents (more so afraid of shaming them with me doing something so dumb) So i stumbled around my room, falling over things. I hid what i could, and put on a jacket. My dad was watching tv in the next room, and my mom hadnt gotten home yet from work. I sort of stumble ran out the house, got in the car and started it. Of course my mom pulls in the driveway as im walking to the car. i sort of wave hi to her, acting as if everythings cool n im just going out. I get in the car, of course she wants to talk to me. Shes all where are you going, its icy out be careful!! and im trying to pretend im not dying. anyways, i drive to the hospital while od'ing on fentanyl. possibly the dumbest thing ive ever done.

By the way I got in legal trouble over that, so thats just icing on the cake.

I went to the hospital er, waited in line, described what was happening to me, saw the look on the nurses face go from "what lie are you gonna tell me to get drugs?" to "oh shit, this kids actually in trouble". so they took me in, pumped some really weird drug into me that made me feel really hot and cold at the same time. apparently they use it to push stuff out of the opioid receptors, and block them. either way it felt like a eird psychedelic mindfuckerry combined with a really weird upper. It was unpleasant.

eventually i went to sleep. after of course, i made the idiot move of telling them how i got to the hospital in the first place. Fuck I wish I had told them I took a cab. Now i have to go in to this rehab clinic thing. they claim i have a dependance, even though i only took the drug once, and they also had my license suspended. Fuck those pricks. Seriously, i understand that i shouldnt have driven, but if i hadnt id probably had died. I know what i did was stupid, but its so fucked up how they can punish you for being honest, where someone who is dishonest would get off scott free. fuck our society. they assume a drug user must be a drug abuser. they dont know the difference, yet they claim to have equality and be tolerant. those are just words to them, they dont truly know the meaning.

Anyways, I'm a tool, I know.

Do as I say not as I do.

Be careful with Fentanyl, it is motherfucking dangerous.

Edit: On a side note, it's been a week since it happened, and I still have trouble keeping my balance. I feel like falling over every time I get up. Plus my eyesight hasn't been right ever since. I think It is damaged.

Im not sure why I suspect it, but I think I might have had a stroke while I was passed out. My leg and arm were both sore on one side of my body, plus half of my face has dead skin peeling off it, and it's the same side as the sore limbs.

If anyone knows why this might be, I'd love a little insight.

25 ug of fentanyl powder would basically be a few grains of sand in size. Like 1/30th the size of a match head, maybe less. You really can't eyeball fentanyl powder, it is too potent. Take the 100mgs, and dissolve it in 200-1000 ml of sterile water/sterile saline so you have a solution that can be accurately dosed. If you use 200ml of water, you will have 500ug (half a mg) of fentanyl per 1 ml. This is equivalent to around 50mg of morphine or 30-40mg of oxy. I'd recommend using 1000ml though since you have a low tolerance, this way your solution contains 100ug or .1mg of fentanyl per ml, which is equal too 10mg of morphine or a few Percs (per each ml)

You can now safely dose your fent, I recommend using a small syringe with the needle removed to dose. Either slowly drip it into your nose from the needless syringe a few drops at a time so it doesn't drip down ur throat, or plug the solution. You can also just put a ml or two of the solution under your tongue and let it sit for sublingual absorption.

Make sure the fentanyl is fully dissolved before using the solution, I recommend shaking it every few minutes for an hour or two before dosing. This way it is evenly distributed through the liquid solution. Use sterile water or a sterile saline solution as your liquid to dissolve the fent in. You can then add half an ounce or so of strong vodka or ever clear or another high proof clear alcohol, so your solution is preserved better and won't grow bacteria.

I don't recommend you inject it with a low tolerance, but if you do I recommend making a smaller volume solution as you really don't want to iv a solution that has been sitting around for months, no matter how well you store it, as it will still grow bacteria over time when you open it and expose it to air, as this allows anything in the air to get in and eventually the smallest bacteria may thrive and you'll potentially get an abscess or "Cotten fever" from iving a solution that has been sitting around for months.

If you wish to make a solution for iv, you will need a highly accurate mg scale, and I'd recommend just measuring out 5-10mgs of fentanyl and making a more potent sterile water or saline solution that you will use in a few days at most. For an iv solution of fent, I personally would use about 30ml of sterile solution, and about 10mg of fentanyl this way your solution is more potent for injection. 1ml = 300ug of fentanyl, which is equal to about 30mg of iv morphine or 20-25mg iv oxy.

Start small, no more then 100ug as a starting dose and weight an hour minimum between doses. I'd recommend you stick with a less potent solution and just plug, sniff or sublingually dose ur liquid solution.

As always with fentanyl, make sure you have an accurate well calibrated mg scale to weigh ur fentanyl when making any solution.

Triple check your math as well before dosing, and always start as small as you can.

Fentanyl can be safe when made into a carefully measured liquid solution by a responsible user, but carelessness can lead to instant death with fent. Be careful, stay safe.

Sorry for three posts in a row, I'm on some ethylphenidate right now alongside some fent, so I'm typing long ass responses because of the ethylphenidate mental stimulation xd

Hope this helps someone.

Is Fentanyl HCL the same as what's given to you when you're in the hospital? I'm trying to figure out exactly what Fentanyl HCL is compared to the patches, what you receive in the hospital, etc.

Watson gel Fentanyl patch 25 mcg

I'm new to the fent patch n had a few questions (yes I've used the search engine). Can you cut the patch in half? Can you chew on the patch if cut into pieces n if so can you use the old patch? What is some of the best way to get the most out of this patch?

I've recently applied my patches on with heat from a blow dryer, it seemed to work quicker. I do have a high tolerance. I also take oxycodone IR for break through pain. In the past with fentanyl I've taken the 100 mcg patch (thought I was gna die cuz I wasn't very opiate tolerable n this was years ago) and the lollipops.

Thanks,
DubbyCee

Abstral 800mcg question

I get a lot of these monthly and was just wondering if I used intranasally instead of sublingually will it work better? I have tried both ways and I don't feel any difference I'm just wondering since the nasal bioavailability is higher I'm trying to get the lazanda instead but it's extremely expensive like the most expensive one out of all of them.

There seems to be very little information on this chemical despite its wide availability. I recently went through a large quantity of 150ug blotter a friend had donated due to not wanting. I now understand why.

I will try to update this post with more information, but being a non-habitual opiate user most would generally recommend people such as myself avoid Fent due to dosages/safety. I will say it is extremely heavy on the respiratory system, more so it is very more-ish - I once heard described as the crack of opiates definitely true. The stuff is bit unpredictable for a nod which again makes it very more-ish. I went from occasional evening use of 2-3 tabs at maximum to dosing regularly daily. I lost interest in normal things without fentanyl. I've went through withdrawal twice, this is my final time as I consumed them all and can't get anymore. I'm over the worst.

But, honestly this stuff is too strong an opiate and fucks with the dopamine receptors far, far too much to recreationally use in my opinion. This was 3-4 months of usage, cannot wait to get over these last few days no longer have the temptation and get back to enjoying life. :) Although I now have a much better understanding of how my friends turned heroin addicts have became so personally emotionally unstable and unable to withstand criticism. It is a very self-loathing high in my opinion, I lost a bit of my skin as such while on this, taking anything that was said very personally especially during WDs/comedown.

Euphoria not on same level as other opiates. Although more functional so much more easy to hide/maintain. Also highly affects sex drive, literally killed mine at a point, mines about 70-80% on last few days of WD, if you're in a relationship you'll be out of one soon using this stuff.

Oh I'm on palliative care because of medical issues I have severe pain and currently take roxanol (liquid morphine) 20mg per ml every 2hrs prn (600mls per month) methadone 50mg 3x per day and abstral 800mcg every 2hrs prn. Nothing makes me sleepy or high anymore, even taken with my klonopin and or fioricet and I still have severe pain. Spending almost all day home alone in a hospital bed is a shitty existence no matter what drugs you have.

Why does Fentanyl come in IR and ER Transdermal formulations, but nto ER tablets? If it does, why are these so rarely prescribed, and the transdermal patches more common? I can't fucking stand the patches so I've just rotated back to Oxycodone tablets and it got me wondering...

Because patches make the halflife longer and fentanyl has a 92% transdermal bioavailability when swallowed is like 30%

This is probably a stupid question and maybe the wrong place to post it (sorry if so). I was taking MSIR 30mg every 6-8 hours for a while, I believe since August 2014. My doctor switched me to Fentanyl 50 mcg for chronic pain but I had insurance trouble and couldn't get it til today. I went about a week without taking anything. Would the 50 mcg patch be too much after a week of no medication? I've been reading about Fentanyl all day and have gotten really freaked out. I worked in a pharmacy as a tech for five years and somehow never realized how potent Fentanyl is. I just want to wear the patch as prescribed but I'm not too thrilled at the idea of ODing and dying because of it.

If it was me then I would be ok with it. I can not make a suggestion either way as people are different. I was prescribed 100mcg patches - I always got the sandoz brand. Tried to get high on it a couple times, but gave up - pain relief was the priority and I could not waste a patch for a buzz.

I've been reading the Fent threads for two days solid and I'm very frustrated. It seems much of the information is inaccurate, inconsistent or written by people who can't seem to form a coherent sentence. I find it humorous when these folks start out "...going to make this absolutely crystal clear" and then immediately start to tell you how stoned and fucked up they are at the time of writing. But that's another story. Here's what I've concluded and I'd appreciate it if someone/anyone can tell me where my rationale is incorrect.

First a little background. I had been on 120-160mg oxy/day for a couple of years until I lost my doc, moved and could get no more. That was a couple years ago. Recently, over the past couple of weeks I've found and have been taking about 50-60mg oxy/at a time/once a day. I am a middle aged male, 6ft and ~230lbs. I recently came across a Mylan (non-gel) 75mcg/h patch. I would like to administer it buccally. So my issue is safe dosing. I don't want to be high for 3 days.

Using any medically accepted conversion chart, about 30-60mg oxycodone would require a 25mcg/h patch. Assuming that's going to deliver 72 hours worth of effect, roughly equal to what you'd get from about 50mg of oxycodone, would you not cut the patch into 72 equal size pieces and administer it buccually? Or, would you cut the pieces larger based on the number of hours you wanted to be high? For example, 72/6=12 pieces (6 being the number of hours for effect).

Originally Leftwing suggested: "Start off with cutting the equivalent to 6mcg/hr, so ½ of a 12mcg patch", for buccal administration. That seems like about 3X as much as I proposed in my example above.

I've also read all of the warnings on here about the drug not being equally distributed over the patch but I've read from mfg. websites that this is not true. At least not these days. I recognize that many of the posts are 10 years old now.

So, based on my tolerance level, if anyone could suggest, along with some explanation/rationale, how many pieces to cut the patch into, I'd greatly appreciate it. Keep in mind that the patch I have is a 75mcg/h Mylan non-gel. So please don't tell me I need to stick half of it in my jaw when you're really talking about a 12mcg/h patch. I can do the conversion, just be sure and let me know what you're experienced with if you're not making purely mathematical calculations in determining a safe and pleasurable dose. Many thanks!

^ whatever you dose buccally is released all at once, or over about 10-15 minutes. When you dose buccally it no longer releases the fent over a 72 hour period. Fent isn't a super long lasting opioid, although with no tolerance it lasted me for hours. Most people say it wears off fast, and when I did it often it did wear off faster

I got 75 mcg sandoz when I first got them (also a nongel) and yes you are correct the fent is spread evenly. I used to cut it into about 10 pieces and put one in my lower gum like people do with chewing tobacco. The sandoz hit very quickly and in fact they took these particular ones off the market in January 2013. Left me with quite the habit. But that's another story

You are not going to be high for 72 hours dosing buccally. A few hours from a dose tops. When I started with those I had a small oxycodone habit. If I were you I would cut it into about 10 or 12 pieces, try one and see how it goes. Are these patches clear ones or tan ones? The tan ones are very hard to get a good buccal dose out of. I believe they have an extra layer in the matrix to prevent abuse. I think people used alcohol or citric to break it down. All I know is I tried those tan ones and got maybe 1/10 of what I got from the sandoz. Now, the other clear ones are ok. You'd be ok with 10-12 pieces cut. Honestly if it's the tan ones you might want to start with like 8 or so.

Any other particular questions? (PS. I've been off all but methadone for a year or so..so I'm not fucked up lol. But I know what you mean)

Hey crzydiamond! Thanks for the info. I had sort of concluded that 15 pieces would be about right given my relative low tolerance level. I found another post on a different board that suggested 16 pieces. Your suggestion of 10-12 pieces further confirms that I'm in the right dosing zone. I knew there was a problem with my logic in terms of cutting it into 72 pieces. That would have been difficult and a little, make that a lot, extreme. What I didn't understand was how the drug was released if not over the 72 hours and you addressed that as well. I really enjoy the opiate warm and fuzzies so I hope I get that. There seems to be a lot of contradiction on that point but I think most of it comes down to how it's administered. Simply applying the patch to skin seems to be very effective for pain management but not so much for warm and fuzzies so that's why I was opting for the buccal rought. Anyway, Many thanks!

oh, btw, I'm not sure which I have, clear or tan. I just know they are made by Mylan and they are non-gel. It's still in the package and I'm hesitant to open until ready for use.