• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Megathread and FAQ

well

well as i said in my post i stopped doing it out of fear... so im not "dead set" on smokin fent anymore, i havent smoked it for 5 months, i just want to know what kind of damage i have done by smoking maybe 50 total patches over the course of 6-8 months...

and i cant get the gel ones , and even if i could i wouldnt want to smoke it

and i asked the question about the fent being in the adhesive because someone who is supposedly respected on here once said that there is "little to no fent" in the adhesive, i didnt ask if it was an opioid, and i dont do needles, the only way i would is if i was to obtain a preloaded syringe with hydromorphone or something from a hospital

man dexter you didnt even read my post... i never vaporized the gel patches... only the mylan ones, scraped off the silicone adhesive and smoked that on foil, as recommended by my fellow junky clique

Last edited:
Having had a lot of experience with patches of all sorts, i have tried smoking gel from the old patches i used to get, once i started only being able to get gel-less patches i stopped smoking them- as has already been noted, you have to smoke the adhesive itself to get the fentanyl. At that point i found i liked extracting the fent from the adhesive with isopropyl and injecting, makes for a mighty nice shot :) goes without saying that caution should be exercised but I'll take a shot of the fentanyl extracted from the patches over smoking or sublingual admin anyday.

if you're going to continue smoking these fent patches then i definitely recommend you do an extraction on the patches. there's a link at the bottom of the OP in the fent megathread where i'm merging this now.

Smoking fent gel (when they are fresh and not worn for three days) is an amazing high, almost like a shot. But I realize that could lead to a very very expensive habit. I agree with DexterMeth. Just wear the damn thing! I enjoy just wearing a 100mcg patch for three days, not having to worry about scoring and getting a decent nod out of it. I haven't nodded out on anything that wasn't fentanyl in a few years now. That goes to show what tolerance does to a person. Onsolis, the new fent patch that is indicated to be used buccally and the fent nasal spray all seem to have been derived from how we junkies have abused the fent preparations that have already been out. Snorting and cheeking...whoda thunk it?

In my experience, with a GEL patch, I find the most effective way to do it( I don't shoot), is to squirt out a little bit, onto the end of a popsicle stick, stick that up my nose and snort. Then repeat every 5 minutes until satisfied. I have been very happy with the results.

I find smoking the gel is a complete waste.

The gel-less patches, I have tried pouring boiling water onto them and drinking the water.
Not that great. I hate those.

Great job, thanks for putting this together! And thanks for including my extraction thread. ;) This was long overdue, I think all the major stronger opioids are covered for with megathreads now. I'm not sure if there are megatreads for the weaker opiods and if not should they be made? There are a lot of basic posts about hydrocodone, codeine, and tramadol all the time and it might reduce a good deal of clutter.

I appreciate the thread you wrote on extracting the patches.

I am new here.

If one was to simply leave a patch like that in a cup of vodka for an hour, would that work?

I don't shoot, and want to find another way.
Thanks

i just overdosed from taking one hit... and my tolerance allows me to take 160 MG of oxy all at once... i hope im not gona die btw

i just overdosed from taking one hit... and my tolerance allows me to take 160 MG of oxy all at once... i hope im not gona die btw

You smoked a hit? Off of tin foil? I can't fathom you overdosing on that if you do 160mg of Oxy at a time.
You should be fine.

My wife just tried fentanyl for the first time ever. She's addicted to opiates. The dose she took was approximately 1000 micrograms iv. It didn't make her withdrawals go away. About all it did was make her itch. As we're not familiar with fentanyl and what to expect from it, we'd like to ask before she takes more should the effect be similarish to heroin? I mean, do you know if the dose is correct if coming up on this thing feels the same as with heroin?

Last edited:
My wife just tried fentanyl for the first time ever. She's addicted to opiates. The dose she took was approximately 1000 micrograms iv. It didn't make her withdrawals go away. About all it did was make her itch. As we're not familiar with fentanyl and what to expect from it, we'd like to ask before she takes more should the effect be similarish to heroin? I mean, do you know if the dose is correct if coming up on this thing feels the same as with heroin?

Interesting, my experience was very much the same. I used the 100mcg patchs for a little while last year, I took the gel and moved around my mouth and gums and under the tongue. I wasnt a fan mainly because it did not give me the same high that I was used to feeling with OC and Opana, or even methadone. The fentanyl high was not enjoyable for me, I kept using more and more of it until it was obvious the drug was in my system but just not giving me the feeling I wanted.

If I remember correctly I felt a strong body buzz, it effected my walking and made me feel a bit clumsy and off. But I never got a good high and like your wife I even had what felt like WD symptoms. I had a very high tolerance so I gave it a couple more tries and used even more of it, I was going to get high. I used a lot, I dont remember how much, but it messed me up, to the point where I was a little scared of an OD, I had to lay down from it, but still no euphoria and still the feeling of WD symptoms. I gave up on it and I think I got some OC's at the time, I blew an 80 or maybe a little more and right away the difference was apparent, that euphoric high came on and that WD feeling disappeared.

I would think that Fentanyl would stop WD since it is an opiate. Maybe because it didnt give that euphoric feeling it felt like I was in WD. Some people really like fentanyl, so maybe it just wasnt for me.

Imo if all other opiate agonists feel warm and fuzzy, fentanyl feels cold and empty.

so nobody know of anyone who uses fent powder as i seee people wanting to smoke the gel which seems stupid

Fent powder isn't readily available in pure form from pharm companies like the patches are. It's often (along with a bunch of different fent analogues) in batches of east coast heroin, or even just itself with some white inert cuts though. I used to vap the gel every once in a while, only small amounts to initiate a high and when eat and wear the rest to make it last and save my lungs. A tiny little bead of that gel is not going to hurt your lungs. If you did a lot of it and/or all the time you would most likely run into problems though, obviously I'd think.

Thanks for the replies. We tried fentanyl as morphine has done nothing except kept my wife's withdrawals away in ages, OC doesn't do even that and H was not available. Fentanyl doesn't seem to be her thing either, but we'll give it a one more try with a much larger dose. I think we were being too careful, knowing her tolerance, because of all the people we've heard die from fentanyl OD.

Hi all. I have had a Morphine habit for about a year now. I weigh 135lbs and take between 120-165 mgs a day (throughout a day, not all at once), and have been taking this dosage for a good 5-6 months. My tolerance seems to have stayed put, as I take Morphine (or Oxy, when M isn't available to me) on a daily basis, yet throughout a day I never exceed 180, and the only time it reaches that amount is when I have to wake up earlier than I normally do.
Now, I just acquired a Sandoz 100mcg/h Fentanyl patch. I realize that my tolerance to Morphine isn't that high, but I was wondering, if I were to wear this patch, is it possible for me to run into any problems, or should I be able to wear it without having to worry about my CNS slowing down to a dangerous point? I planned on saving this patch until my Morphine supply runs out, so I know I will have a large backlog of it stored up in my body.
Any advice here is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

i'd cut it into 4 even quarters, so 25mcg/hr pieces. trust me, you will get 4 x 3day uses out of that. im prescribed 120mg mscontin a day and i was on fentanyl before being on morphine and therapeutically 25mcg patches are sufficient. if you need something for breakthrough, chew 20mg of morphine. my recreational tolerances are a lot higher, but for legitimate use they are the right doses.

interesting fact i want to share with you.
i took 1/10 of 50 mcg via buccal yesterday afternoon. i began feeling its effects after it d been in my mouth for an hour.continued for another hour then i started to feel sick i threw it away from my mouth, i dont remember much but i felt like i was gonna die.then i fell asleep. woke up now i feel so calm like i am in heaven.this is the effect that i desire from it.
i ve been building tolerence to fent for 1.5 weeks.no prior opioid experince rather than 3 tradamol.

i'd cut it into 4 even quarters, so 25mcg/hr pieces. trust me, you will get 4 x 3day uses out of that. im prescribed 120mg mscontin a day and i was on fentanyl before being on morphine and therapeutically 25mcg patches are sufficient. if you need something for breakthrough, chew 20mg of morphine. my recreational tolerances are a lot higher, but for legitimate use they are the right doses.

So I could actually cut the patch into 1/4ths and still wear them and be fine?? That's interesting, thank you.