• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Megathread and FAQ

Fentanyl warning

I just saw a closed thread about an unknown Fentanyl patch, which was closed because the poster used SWIM instead of I, which isn't allowed. And that made me remember a documentary I recently saw which I thought should be shared here, along with some tips concerning safety when using opoids, for everyone's sake.

A really big Fentanyl counterfeiting operation has developed in the last few years. The original source for the drug, chemical precursors for making the drug, and even pill presses, is China. They ship lots of stuff to the U.S. under false labelling to get it through customs, not hard when you consider how very, very few commercial shipments get physically inspected (nearly none) unless customs has a tip or something. So a lot of bogus Fentanyl is being made, and has even gotten into regular medical supply channels in some few cases. The biggest problem with bogus Fentanyl is twofold. First, counterfeiters now have the equipment they need to make counterfeits that cannot be told apart from the real thing, whether it's a pill, a tablet, a capsule, or a patch, short of testing in a lab. They even produce packaging that's identical to the legitimate drug's packaging. The second thing is dosage level. A lot of the counterfeit stuff is NOT the dosage it's labelled to be. The actual dosage can be a lot less than it's labelled as, or a lot more. In the first case, you get ripped off. But in the second case, you can get dead.

I'm not dumb enough to try to tell anyone to never use any Fentanyl that they didn't get from completely legit channels (pharmacy, Dr., hospital, clinic). If someone needs an opoid, they're going to use whatever opoid they can get their hands on. But there has been an ever climbing number of Fentanyl (and other opoid) OD deaths all through the U.S., and you can and should take precautions. An obvious one is don't use anyhting you haven't seen someone else use first. But since that isn't always possible, get some Naloxone (Narcan). More and more states are passing laws allowing literally anyone to get and possess Naloxone now that it's available in a nasal administration syringe, rather than having to be injected with a needle. Some require getting a prescription, but there isn't any restriction on who can be given the prescription. So get some Naloxone. Then if you're going to use any Fentanyl (or any opoid, for that matter) that you aren't absolutely sure is what it's supposed to be, have someone else with you and make sure they know how to administer the Naloxone if you do OD.

And while I'm on this topic, there's another thing you can do safety-wise. People die from an opioid OD because they stop breathing. Period. Opoids don't stop the heart (until the lack of oxygen from the stopped breathing stops it), and don't screw with the nervous system like some things, especially cocaine and speed, do. You just go to sleep and then go into respiratpry arrest. So it's really easy to keep someone who has OD'd from an opioid alive. Just learn what's called rescue breathing. It isn't even full CPR, there are no chest compressions or anything, it's just sealing off the nose and blowing into the person's mouth, to keep some oxygen going through his lungs. Yes, even the air that you breathe out still has enough oxygen in it to keep someone else alive. It's so simple to both teach and to do that I do not understand why states do not have laws requiring that every treatment facility that treats opoid addiction must teach it to every patient. If there were such laws, which would spread the knowledge of rescue breathing throughout the opoid using community, there'd be many, many fewer deaths. There are some techniques to it that you should learn, but it's simple and anyone can do it. If someone ever ODs on an opioid, and someone performs rescue breathing on him, that person will still be alive when medical help arrives. I know many people are scared of being involved when "officials" arrive, but a lot of states have also passed laws that prevent the other people at the location of an OD from getting into any trouble; you should check on the situation in your state. And even if where you are the cops are going to get your ID and run you through the computers, you need to decide whether staying out of trouble is worth letting someone, probably a friend, die when you could have saved him. Either get and carry Naloxone or learn rescue breathing, and you'll never see someone die from an opiod OD.

Rules or no rules, giving specific instructions for illegally using some drug probably violates a zillion laws, and I doubt anyone will be silly enough to stick their neck out like that. Also, that kind of thing could easily cause tons of trouble for the site itself.

They recently had a huge operation in my state. 50 warrants were placed and almost 40 were apprehended by sunset that day. They were investigating the circulation of a specific stamp known to have fentantyl mixed in. Not a single one of our 'people' answered that day, only one connect was taken down and the rest who weren't on the warrant list simply went into hiding for the day. Ironically I recognized the name of the stamp they were seeking as I sort of have an odd habit of collecting stamps. I don't know it's just a fascination I have, they're just as interesting to me as cards to a card collector, or hey stamps to a stamp collector! Fentanyl has definitely found its way into my town on a massive level, people overdosing left and right, it's scary. I'm a rather light user at snorting no more than 4 bags a day, some days only 2 and some days I take a small piece of sub. Anyway to stick with the subject, I don't purposely buy fentanyl but I have definitely had product with it in it unbeknownst to me until after the fact, as I'm sure is usually the case. Also in the ironical fashion that is my life, my father died of a fentanyl laced heroin overdose more than 15 years ago before it was anything like it was now. They certainly didn't have the shit they do now to 'bring you back to life' after od'ing. He was a chronic shooter until the day he died and he always said he'd rather die than quit and well he got his wish. Looks like I learned well. I guess I try to justify that I don't shoot it or do it that often so it's not that bad but let's face it the rotten apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I'm daddy's little girl over here.

Can a used modern fentanyl patch be rejuvinated through scraping it?

Sitting here with a bunch of used patches (modern non-gel) and wondering about ways to see if I sucked all there is to suck; absorbed all there is to absorb.
So I took an envelope opener and started to scrape the back of one and now sucking on it. Not sure if I got a result yet but Im wondering if anyone else tried doing this?

Thank you kindly.
=D

I'm going to merge this with the fentanyl Megathread.

How long were the patches used for? If they were taken off after 72 hours there should still be a decent amount of fentanyl left in them.

Fentanyl Patch question

Hi All,
I just received a 50mcg/hr Duragesic Fentanyl patch. Although I usually uses opiates about one week a month I am not confident my tolerance is high enough to take the patch. I usually take about 30-60mg Oxycodone a day or around 90mg Morphine SA a day.

Does anyone have any advice, experiences or suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
50mcg is a typical dose and the starting dose when it was prescribed to me but if you are concerned or feel it is unnecessarily high bring it to your doctors attention. Also if it is the matrix type it can be cut into smaller doses.

The recommended starting dose of someone with tolerance to 90mg morphine or 60mg oxy is 25mcg.

Unfortunately it is the gel reservoir patch so I can't split the dose. Is their anyway to take it for a shorter period of time? I need to do something on Sunday that requires me to be semi alert. Could I put the patch on only for a couple hours?

No. Once you remove it you mess up the membrane that allows it to transfer

25 mcg is the equivalent starting dose, 50 mcg if worn (and not tampered with) you should be fine with. If you start getting dizzy, have to vomit, difficulty keeping eyes open --then I would remove it. The first time I wore one it was too high of a dose and I knew cause after 4 or so hours I just got very nauseous and threw up

But if you take it off don't bother trying to restick it.

So if I take the patch off it will start to wear off? How soon should I start to feel it? Basically I'm asking if it's possible to back out if I feel it is too strong. From your comment above it seems like that is possible?

People have died from fentanyl patches putting too many on. You know your body and know what will work.

That's my fear. I want to test the waters in the safest way possible. Would that mean just putting it on for a couple hours?

I'm going to merge this with the fentanyl megathread. I don't have much experiences with patches, but maybe you can find more answers in the thread I'm merging this with.

Just as an update I put the patch on and plan on taking it off within the next 3-4 hours depending on how brave I am.

So I ended up taking the patch off after like 20 minutes... Backed out of my initial decision. Should I expect to feel something in like 8 hours or what?