• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction All veins collapsed. Shoot up PRO'S NEEDED.HELP!

Her0inSik

Greenlighter
I've used up all my veins and they are all collapsed. I've been an IV user 3 times a day for 8 months straight and before that on and off for a year, going a few months between without using. My veins have always been very small and hard to see/use. (btw, I have used the search engine!)
I've used up my hands, arms, and neck completely up. The neck is the only thing that gave me hope for awhile because the veins there were TUBES that would hit forever but now those aren't hitting anymore either. I've hit the neck vein below, where it meets my clavicle but as far as hitting the same vein following upward along the neck, it rolls so much I can never hit it. (no lectures on neck veins please. I can UTFSE for that) As for the thighs, I see so many veins there but every time I try to hit them they don't work. No blood flows into the syringe. I have tried the inside ankle which I hit once, but was never able to hit after that-almost as if it went into hiding. I tried my legs and calves which I was able to hit a few times but they would stop registering during the middle of the shot, before the shot was finished and I couldn't find them even by digging after that. I've never used my groin, or femoral vein and have what looks like some very unusable small ones in my fingers and palms and feet.
For all the pro's here who have been shooting forever, where did you shoot when your veins were pretty much all collapsed? What was your last resort? I would really not like to resort to muscling because I shoot tar and have read it's very very bad to muscle tar due to the impurities. Any tips on secret veins or how to hit the thigh, neck, finger or groin veins would be GREATLY APPRECIATED because I am very sick, feeling ill, and shit outta luck. :( Please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't collapsed any of my veins, and I've been IVing twice as much per day for just as long if not longer.

I am sorry to hear a lot of your veins are no longer working. Maybe you should switch back to smoking BTH for the sake of your veins.

What gauge do you use? I use 31g and that makes a world of difference for me.

Also we don't do SWIM here. :)

If you're looking for new veins it's a case by case basis. I've found the veins in my hand and wrists don't roll and work fine, but I don't want to recommend you use those, as you already probably have.

Either way, try using hot water or a shower to help your veins protrude. Tourniquets can help too, just make sure you untie it before injecting.

Hey Captain Heroin-yeah all the hands and wrists veins are completely used up. Used up some of my finger ones too that went away after one use. Being a girl my veins are small anyway and have always been hard to hit. I use 29 g or 27 g syringes. I've tried hot showers-they used to help but don't anymore. A hot shower made my ankle vein pop out but that went away after 1 use as well. I use needle exchange medical tourniquets, with a proper slip knot, but nothing pops up these days. I actually cried this morning and started hyper ventilating cos im sick as hell and can't hit a thing. I managed to hit my boob vein recently but they're so shallow and hurt and I know they'll be gone in a few days like all my other veins. I use a new needle every time and keep sites clean I don't understand. I've been told by hospitals that I have "the veins of a 2 year old". As for the thighs, it looks like they're so many green big veins deep under the surface but they don't hit! I don't get it! I'm desperate here.

i'm not going to tell you how to live your life but you should maybe consider getting some sort of help? i mean, your body doesnt seem too fond of your needle usage..

"all veins collapsed" you said it yourself, if they are all collapsed then you can't hit them, please consider another ROA, your body is telling you something, listen.

Hey Captain Heroin-yeah all the hands and wrists veins are completely used up. Used up some of my finger ones too that went away after one use. Being a girl my veins are small anyway and have always been hard to hit. I use 29 g or 27 g syringes. I've tried hot showers-they used to help but don't anymore. A hot shower made my ankle vein pop out but that went away after 1 use as well. I use needle exchange medical tourniquets, with a proper slip knot, but nothing pops up these days. I actually cried this morning and started hyper ventilating cos im sick as hell and can't hit a thing. I managed to hit my boob vein recently but they're so shallow and hurt and I know they'll be gone in a few days like all my other veins. I use a new needle every time and keep sites clean I don't understand. I've been told by hospitals that I have "the veins of a 2 year old". As for the thighs, it looks like they're so many green big veins deep under the surface but they don't hit! I don't get it! I'm desperate here.

I can understand where you're coming from, my female counterpart has tinier veins than me.

I really would urge you to try 31g needle tips. They're *so* much better for my veins, using a 29g isn't as bad as a 27g though. 27g will use up more of my vein by a very large degree (I can probably get 1 puncture out of a 27 or 2 to 3 punctures with separate 31's due to the much smaller gauge size).

It's just easier to use a 31g on your smaller veins. I would say if you can take a break for a day (smoke some BTH to keep you from WDing), then go get some fresh 31's from an exchange (or buy them if the exchange doesn't carry it) I would think you might have some more luck. :)

Overall there's no telling how it'll work out, some people can't use a 31g tip, it tends to roll the veins more.

But really though, when you're hitting you're small veins like in your fingers, chest, etc... I would strongly recommend a 31g. I would probably be unable to use a 27g (and possibly a 29g) on my fingers/hands...I wouldn't really want to use a 27g or a 29g for anything other than the largest veins I have.

Best of luck!

i'm not going to tell you how to live your life but you should maybe consider getting some sort of help? i mean, your body doesnt seem too fond of your needle usage..

"all veins collapsed" you said it yourself, if they are all collapsed then you can't hit them, please consider another ROA, your body is telling you something, listen.

But the OP doesn't want to stop injecting. If they're not going to stop injecting, let's give them some good advice, like always rotate sites, wash off the site with warm water to help the veins protrude, and use a 31g needle tip versus a larger gauge, especially if you're aiming for those small, hard to hit veins.

a year and 8 months and you've collapsed every vein?

I think time would be the best thing, I bet they will heal right up considering the length of your use. . . . but 27g is pretty much unheard of on a regular basis. (at least as far as I know)

Tar is also particularly hard on the veins...I would think your habit may be unsustainable at this point.

hot showers, doing curls with dumb bells, exersize in general , drinking lots of water, etc will all help veins pop up. (she seems to already know all of this cookie cutter crap though)

proper procedure, only use once, vitamin E on the tracks to help heal.

My advice: Quit. Its very obviously causing you more trouble than its worth.

I think the OP is aware of quitting as an option, I just think that they aren't ready to. Maybe they are, and obviously advising a break or quitting all together isn't a bad idea.

It just won't help the OP with her inquiry, let's try to stay on topic. A lot of this forum is reserved for drug/addiction recovery. :)

I think the OP is aware of quitting as an option, I just think that they aren't ready to. Maybe they are, and obviously advising a break or quitting all together isn't a bad idea.

It just won't help the OP with her inquiry, let's try to stay on topic. A lot of this forum is reserved for drug/addiction recovery. :)

Well it's too bloody bad for the OP, because when you have no veins left to shoot, you must quit, at least for a while, so I think the others' posts are quite on topic.

Take off the needle and squirt it up your ass. It's the nearest you'll feel to IV again, unless you find some more veins.

Dont wanna say this. But. Most people who run out of veins use the femoral, btw. It lasts a lot longer. You will need a bigger needle though.

Well it's too bloody bad for the OP, because when you have no veins left to shoot, you must quit, at least for a while, so I think the others' posts are quite on topic.

Yes, that is true. If you literally "had no veins left" there would be no quitting, just death. She probably has usable veins, especially if she gets 31g needle tips.

My point is this.

If someone is like "I'm ready to quit, I hate being addicted" are you going to tell them "well you could keep using..."? I don't think so.

The OP clearly wants to continue using, not quit. Just as much as you wouldn't encourage someone to use again if they want to quit, I wouldn't encourage someone to quit if they clearly are not ready/do not want to.

Captain Heroins point makes more then enough sense for me to understand.
I wouldn't advise someone who is desperately looking to shoot to quit, because it would be like talking to a brick wall.
Shes looking for a vein to shoot, I don't understand how IV works, but I do understand how IM works because I have ran many cycles.
And ONE CONTINUAL thing that has always made a difference is the guage size. Some guages will specifically trigger my body to create scar tissue, and then I can't shoot at all. Finding what gauge works best for your body can be harder then it seems.
I'm not sure what collapses a vein, but your body responds to trauma really. Lessen the trauma, and your body will work more in your favor. I'm not gonna recommend anything because I don't IV, but I do think CH raises a great point because gauge always use to be an issue when I cycled. Different situation yes but I can tell you personally my body DOES NOT like very specific guages, I wouldn't be suprised if this tranfered to IV use too.

And can't you do some push ups lol? If I ever needed veins I'd grab something heavy and lift it up and down till I saw viens. I guess that doesn't work however will a collapsed vien. G/luck!

Captain Heroins point makes more then enough sense for me to understand.
I wouldn't advise someone who is desperately looking to shoot to quit, because it would be like talking to a brick wall.
Shes looking for a vein to shoot, I don't understand how IV works, but I do understand how IM works because I have ran many cycles.
And ONE CONTINUAL thing that has always made a difference is the guage size. Some guages will specifically trigger my body to create scar tissue, and then I can't shoot at all. Finding what gauge works best for your body can be harder then it seems.
I'm not sure what collapses a vein, but your body responds to trauma really. Lessen the trauma, and your body will work more in your favor. I'm not gonna recommend anything because I don't IV, but I do think CH raises a great point because gauge always use to be an issue when I cycled. Different situation yes but I can tell you personally my body DOES NOT like very specific guages, I wouldn't be suprised if this tranfered to IV use too.

And can't you do some push ups lol? If I ever needed veins I'd grab something heavy and lift it up and down till I saw viens. I guess that doesn't work however will a collapsed vien. G/luck!

You make a great point. I always also could use a 30g or 31g for IM use, and anything equal to or larger than a 27g is just unnecessarily painful.

Plus if I use something larger than a 30g, some of the liquid might leak out (not a lot obviously). I had no problem IMing with a 5/16" tip either.

If you don't mind me asking, what gauges created scar tissue for you?

The last resort IV injecting site is normally the neck, and you're there already. The "Hierarchy of Safety for IV Drug Use" (from safest to least safe) goes: arms, hands, legs, feet, groin, neck.

Check out this site which describes the common injecting sites. It has a great description of the risks associated with femoral injecting and the process of doing it in the safest possible manner -> Sites for Intravenous Injection

In my experience, once the primary injecting sites go (eg arms, hands, legs, feet) the complications increase rapidly. Missed shots, abscesses, infections, circulation problems, etc etc etc all rack up very quickly. Try shafting and other routes of admin if you can, but yeah the options run out for most people eventually once this process has started.

Last edited:
ive got a little scar tissue on one of my crooks for using it too often and i use 29g needles. close enough to 30's which i have a couple of but i prefer the 29's because i cant seem to register with the 30's.. weird.

my advice is if you want to keep using change roa, use methadone or bupe, whatever you can, and just stop shooting. i dont know much about collapsed veins but if they need to heal then let them heal, thats harm reduction. if i was in your situation i would get ahold of some methadone or something until you body isn't hurt. and don't shoot it.

Time to take a break IMO... Let your veins heal back up, the tar aint helpin either.

Time to take a break IMO... Let your veins heal back up, the tar aint helpin either.

Ha, if it was just a matter of "taking a break" she probably would have done that already. When you are this deep into it, at this level of addiction quitting is fucking ridiculously hard, and I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to do it without professional help.

Ha, if it was just a matter of "taking a break" she probably would have done that already. When you are this deep into it, at this level of addiction quitting is fucking ridiculously hard, and I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to do it without professional help.

Believe me I understand, I was able to get away from dope with the help of subs..but really, what other option does she have? After a while of sitting there with a needle full of tar and coagulated blood for hours searching for veins that cannot be found, maybe my advice will register with her and she will take a break?