• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

mixing 1 or 2 glasses of wine with either lorazepam or oxycodone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flurise

Greenlighter
I have about 50 5mg oxycodone pills (tiny pills, no apap, just oxy) and the same quantity of .5mg lorazepam pills.

I am wondering how great the risk is with taking either two oxycodone or two lorazepams along with a glass of wine or two (or maybe even three) with dinner. I am not into "getting fucked up" as much as possible (I did enough of that in youth) but I am tired of deciding whether or not each night I'm going to take anti-anxiety medication (for legit purposes, the lorazepam is my own script) or having a glass of wine or two for dinner.

Everything I read online seems hellbent on warning that mixing even the slightest of these two will result in coma, etc, etc. Certainly a small amount of both wine and either one of these meds can still be relatively safe, no?

Is 2 glasses of wine and 10mg oxycodone or 2 glasses of wine and 1g/1.5g lorazepam a fairly safe and moderate combination or is it still asking for trouble?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

It all depends on your tolerance for each on its own. Of course combining depressants are ill advised. Be careful and remember you can always take more but, never less. No one can or really should guess what's safe for you. We aren't you. Just start way smaller of doses than you'd take of each substance by itself.

In the future questions like this should go in basic drug discussion. Welcome to bluelight

Save lorazepam for when you're hung over. ;)

Drink with oxy and be conservative with the drink part of it. Combining benzos with alcohol is asking for trouble.

This is going to BDD because it's a basic drug combo inquiry.

I assume that because of your Rx, and your past history (from what i can conclude), that you should be fine with either of those combinations.

You know your limits, be safe!

Of course I would never recommend doing this combo at all, but if you are careful with it you should probably be fine.

Take the lorazapam first, once the effects have come on then you can drink slowly and see how you feel. Its much easier to control the amount you are drinking than it is to control the pill which is why I recommend taking the pill first then drinking.

Just go slow and if you start to feel more fucked up than you should stop drinking wine.

Excellent - and yes and I had read on other threads on here that it's best to take the medication first and then a little bit of alcohol, sparingly. I will be sure to follow this.

Thanks for the advice, and thanks for welcoming me! One thing though..

Save lorazepam for when you're hung over. ;)

Drink with oxy and be conservative with the drink part of it. Combining benzos with alcohol is asking for trouble.

This is going to BDD because it's a basic drug combo inquiry.

Thanks Captain for the info here. From what you have said, I gather that 10mg oxycodone with a small amount of alcohol isn't "as bad" (for lack of better term) as 1mg lorazepam with a small amount of alcohol? For some reason I always had it in my head that alcohol and the lorazepam would be less risky than alcohol and oxycodone, but it seems that presumption is wrong?

^I wouldn't say your presumption is wrong. you're more likely to act like an idiot on alcohol and lorazepam, but i feel like opiates cause more respiratory depression. but either way, a normal adult would have to mix quite a bit of any of the drugs to die. yes you need to be careful when mixing downers, but not as careful as people sometimes make it sound. you seem like a careful person; feel out what you can and cannot handle.

captain heroin may say benzos and alcohol are trouble, but some would say one with out the other would be like eating either just salsa or just tortilla chips. they do help with hangover though.

Ahh ok, thanks for the clarification.

As for the hangover - I haven't drank enough to have a hangover in about two or three years. :p I traded the rum for herb, seems like it was a wise decision - though I do love wine with my dinner and grew tired of never drinking any because I had already taken my lorazepam. I'll try half my usual dose now with a glass of wine tonight and see how it goes.

Thanks again all, I appreciate it.

opiates and alcohol is a great combo...feeling wise
and like everyone said moderation is the key

at the doses you mentioned, and considering you have a bit of tolerance, you should be OK... just start with the lowest possible!

I do it with dinner on occasion. I haven't had any problems. However I do find the wine buzz does take away from the opiate buzz. But you should be okay!

Excellent - and yes and I had read on other threads on here that it's best to take the medication first and then a little bit of alcohol, sparingly. I will be sure to follow this.

Thanks for the advice, and thanks for welcoming me! One thing though..

Thanks Captain for the info here. From what you have said, I gather that 10mg oxycodone with a small amount of alcohol isn't "as bad" (for lack of better term) as 1mg lorazepam with a small amount of alcohol? For some reason I always had it in my head that alcohol and the lorazepam would be less risky than alcohol and oxycodone, but it seems that presumption is wrong?

I'm a pretty heavy drinker (a bottle of wine a weeknight) and I go nuts on the weekend, and I've been taking (at minimum) .5mg lorazepam a day for months. Never had an issue, never blacked out.

I've also taken lorazepam, Percocet (5mg oxycodone w 325 APAP) and wine all at once, now everyone says that's a bad idea and it freaked me out a little (I had a friend OD on oxy) BUT I survived.

Who knows, better safe than sorry I'd say avoid all three at once if you're nervous

^Hi ChiLights, maybe you didn't notice but this thread is from over 2 1/2 years ago so I doubt anyone's still reading it, and since BDD is a fast-moving Q&A forum we discourage bumping of old threads unless you have something very important to add that would still be relevant (like say vital HR info for anyone who comes across the thread in a search). Also just because you have done these things and were ok does not by any means mean that everyone else would be safe to do so. Going to close this now so people don't think it's a recent thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.