• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychoactive Animals

Who cares how difficult it is? My point is simply that a cultural superstition attaching value to an animal part beyond its actual properties is probably a bad thing because, in the case of elephants at least, it nearly led to their extinction. Sure, the problem is much _worse_ because Westerners buy the ivory, creating a larger market, but I still don't think we should be glorifying or romanticising this kind of nonsense.

Of course, if we ever do discover an active compound in giraffe bones, that's another great argument for the value of synthetics: we could find a synthetic route to produce the same compound, thus eliminating the need to kill giraffes.

I think if people are genuinely concerned about animals our first port of call needs to be the extreme amount of habitat destruction we've caused. It's hard to save species when you've destroyed where they've been living for millions of years.

If people are genuinely concerned about environmental destruction in general, there is only one option: the complete abolition of capitalism. My favorite quote on the matter comes from Murray Bookchin: “[c]apitalism not only validates precapitalist notions of the domination of nature, . . . it turns the plunder of nature into society's law of life. To quibble with this kind of system about its values, to try to frighten it with visions about the consequences of growth is to quarrel with its very metabolism. One might more easily persuade a green plant to desist from photosynthesis than to ask the bourgeois economy to desist from capital accumulation.”

Of course, that's an entirely different topic ;)

Post the actual content with a source (like the giraffe quotes) and leave off the douchey pedantic list of plant/animal/chemical names next time and you'll get a slightly better response. Or better yet, join in someone ELSE'S conversation instead of starting a new thread every 10 minutes.

What the hell is psychoactive in a giraffes (chemical wise), or bear bile for that matter?

Make a big and dandy teotzlcoatl thread for him to mess around in so we can choose to completely ignore him if we choose?

Bear bile isn't psychoactive I don't think, I'm pretty sure it's used as a medicine in asian cultures. Like tiger paws and shit like that. Just superstitious stuff.

Obviously that makes the whole process just that much more disgusting, as if it wasn't disgusting enough already.

rofl, Eldaren.

Even better: does the BL software support locking a user to one subforum? Let Teo stay and post whatever he wants - but only in the Lounge. Let him explain why opiate users are degenerates and synthetics are bad to the lounge lizards ;)

yeah man be high and mighty some more! don't worry if you get banned its because were fucked up and the mods are taking our side, instead of letting you be free within the forum rules.

or youd realise that youre trolling and being a high and mighty pain up everyones ass and if you just TONED IT DOWN (as about 50 people have asked you to do thus far) youd be fine. in fact, youd get real answers and conversation, some interesting opinion and it might be eye opening. but no, youve closed your mind and are just trying to plow us with what you "know".

If it were up to me you'd already be gone. Luckily for you and unluckily for me, the BL admins rarely ban people simply for being unpopular and annoying, but if you keep up the temper tantrums we could probably make the case. I'm about 1 or 2 more stupid narcissistic new threads away from petitioning for a ban.

im not saying I'm right and your wrong, I'm just saying it's y'all's site and you can ban me for whatever reason at anytime.

I come to sites expecting to be banned now, so when it happens, it's no big deal (not that it was a big deal before).

But let's head back on topic...

What do y'all think about the coca larvae? Apparently it has large amounts of cocaine in it!

The only reference I can find on Google to anything resembling 'coca larvae' are various articles about a species of moth that is a natural enemy of the coca plant, being one of the only insects to eat it and therefore one of the few pests of concern for commercial growers. I didn't look very hard but none of the articles I saw gave any indication that the larvae themselves were psychoactive. It would make sense if they did contain some cocaine, as they are eating the plant which contains it, but I'm skeptical that it would be psychoactive without eating a LOT of friggin' larvae. At any rate, if I wanted coke I'd rather get it in powdered form or, better yet, plenty of fresh coca to try a nice quid instead of snorting the stuff. It would take something better than probably not very much blow to make me want to ingest larvae or anything derived from them. Maybe if they convert the cocaine hcl into something novel and also active... But I highly doubt it. I doubt it's even practical to harvest usable cocaine from them in any fashion, if they even contain any to begin with.

I'm sure Ozzy would have probably done a thick fat line of dried coca-larvae shit had he been given the opportunity.

Too bad science missed an opportunity to learn something.