• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzodiazepines' Solubilities in Water

haha man you must just be totally immune to reading shit like that after so many years of towin' the HR line.

still makes me fuckin cringe. *shudda*

I've seen IV heroin users drop a needle into the carpet of my apartment, pick it right back up, and use it nonetheless. 8o

Their words were "I go to jail tomorrow, so if I get an abscess, the state will take care of it." 8o :|

I'm glad I've never been to jail, nor plan on it. =D

Hi all, I didn't read the full thread, some posts and I still have a doubt about Midazolam solubility.

I have some 7.5mg of Midazolam Maleate (Dormicum) tablets and I've seen in the OP that Midazolam has only 0.024mg/ml, but at the same time you all guys say that you shot nice ammounts of that.

How do you adjust the pH under 5 to make it soluble or the maleate salt is already "freely soluble"?

If I have to adjust the pH, I've seen I can use vinegar? How much for 1ml? I don't have citric acid, but propylene glycol I do have, it may help :?

Any suggestions?

Thank you!! Cheers.

Last edited:
i used to iv loprazolam on the regular, esp mied with morphine... now i can't fit enough pills in tthe rig to feel anything... tolerance eh

I just want to have one thing clear about Midazolam:

Is Midazolam Maleate water soluble at pH 7 or I have to decrease it to 3-4?

Maybe I'm too high to understand or I find it sorry, I just want to know if you guys are talking about the salt or the free base, because for example Clonazepam and Lorazepam are quite soluble at those low pH if I'm not wrong..

Thank you!

I'm pretty much a newb when it comes to chemistry.....If say I mixed 10mgs of alprazolam with 50ml of isopropyl alcohol and shook it up for 5 minutes and filtered with through alcohol soaked cotton, then squirted all the liquid onto a plate and waited for a couple days for the alcohol to evaporate, would the dried up result be water soluble? or would none of the xanax be able to get past the cotton filter?

Thanks

From all that I read in this thread, no etizolam is not water soluble.

granted, you did mention some sort of filtration, i'll assume cotton. The majority of binders/fillers in a 1 or 2mg xanax pill are FAR more h2o soluble than the alprazolam itself, ESPECIALLY with tap water (ew) with a ph of 7. Another giant crevasse of misunderstanding here that Cap is overlooking (on purpose or otherwise) is that his solvent has ph of ~5, where alprazolam is 0.1mg/ml.

hispaniola (ok ok i'll stop with the new world metaphors!) over here is using ****ing tap water, which at ph 7, like you said, brings alprazolam's solubility to 'round 0.04mg/ml! so, even with your (barely) cotton filtering and tap water, if 'most of the pill appears to be gone' after one or 2 rinses, congrats; you've successfully dissolved a bit <1000mg of pill crap and sucked up undissolved alprazolam PLUS undissolved pill crap all at once. god that is so gross.

Sub shooter lol 8) stop arguing with fact. You are wrong. You have been duped by placebo.

Thank this forum for educating you about alprazolam and its solubility in water, other solvents and the effects of PH levels.
You now should know (or soon will with a little research) how to properly prepare Xanax for injection and can stop wasting your drugs and shooting unnecessary fillers into your body.

An idea for piss easy pill cleaning before shooting, ie , midazolam.

Midazolam (Dormicum) - 0.024 mg/mL (H2O ph 7)
~ 10-20mg/ml (H2O ph ~3)

Wipe coating. Allow dry.
Crush to powder in spoon.
Add 1-2 ml dH2O (ph 7) to dissolve water soluble fillers. Allow powder to settle to bottom. Siphon off cloudy water with needleless syringe & dispose.
Add 1ml or so dH2O (ph 3) to dissolve now soluble midazolam. Filter. Shoot.

I have tried this with half a 15mg and it works. Solution is much clearer after the water wash.

In theory one could perform several water washes of the crushed pill mass until the water drawn off was clear, losing only negligible amounts of midazolam with each step, and insuring that no water soluble fillers make it into the final solution which you will be shooting.

HR ftw!!

Last edited:
Another Chemistry dunce here, but I may or may not have got the gist of what's being said.

So in order to prepare a normally poorly soluble in water benzo for shooting or plugging, you have to adjust the pH of the solution, which causes the benzo to have a greater solubility, whilst at the same time separating it from the fillers in the pill? Is that a rough outline of the procedure?

And assuming I'm even close to correct in that summary, it seems the materials needed to adjust pH and separate the benzo are fairly readily available in most supermarkets? (vinegar, lemon juice, propylene glycol). Looking at Tryptamite's popst above it seems that no fancy lab equipment is required.

So, is this procedure - prepping benzos for IV - relatively idiot proof?

So, is this procedure - prepping benzos for IV - relatively idiot proof?

Well if you make the solution too acidic or too alcoholic, you can do damage to your vein.

Assuming you can handle the math and don't do real damage to your vein by using too much solvent, I'd assume you'd be fine. Also, it's possible to overdose with IV benzodiazepines; you'll have to be very careful with your dosages.

I'll have a more thorough read through the thread and see if I understand it all. Assuming the worst was to happen and I ended up with the solution too acidic/alcoholic, I assume plugging that would still do a fair amount of damage?

I really need a way to make my benzos more potent. Tolerance is a bitch.

Have you thought about tapering down?

I'm not sure why I said tolerance is a bitch. It's been a long night. Truth is I've been on a doctor prescribed diazepam taper for some months now; as it happens, this is the last week (at 2mg/day). So my tolerance is lower than it's ever been. But it still takes me 10+ etizolam to get to where i want to be...20mg alprazolam... Ugh, stupid I know. I'm tapering yet I'm still using. A lot less mind you. Perhaps you yourself know how difficult it is to be rational when you really want to use.

I'm not sure why I said tolerance is a bitch. It's been a long night. Truth is I've been on a doctor prescribed diazepam taper for some months now; as it happens, this is the last week (at 2mg/day). So my tolerance is lower than it's ever been. But it still takes me 10+ etizolam to get to where i want to be...20mg alprazolam... Ugh, stupid I know. I'm tapering yet I'm still using. A lot less mind you. Perhaps you yourself know how difficult it is to be rational when you really want to use.

I'd just stick to your taper and avoid using etizolam or alprazolam. Otherwise you're putting your taper's success in jeopardy.

Hi Stratofortress, i know what you mean when it comes to benzo's and trying to get rid of them while at the same time its liked a lot to use them. I also received a prescribed benzo taper about a year ago starting with about 100 mg diazepam using tranxene and currently i am expected to be benzo free, but i still take a tiny bit of librium, 5 mg, and a bigger bit of oxazepam, 50 mg, combined with lyrica if not the latter included then i wouldn't feel 50 mg oxazepam.
I am lucky in so far that i did not get asked to deliver a UA, but damn it i lost a 50 mg a day diazepam script it was that or not getting lyrica though so the diazepam went and the lyrica came in and to my own utmost amazement at the time i found lyrica to be very effective against benzo withdrawals.

Anyway Stratofortress tolerance lowering for benzo's that really takes ages and as long as you still take 2 mg diazepam the tolerance will not go down, but once you dont take any benzo anymore then tolerance slowly very slowly goes down without a chance here to give you a lead about howlong that is different for everybody, but i think its safe to assume that the more benzo is abused the longer it takes before tolerance goes down to a more manageable level.

For me when i still had the diazepam i only took 10 mg instead of 50 mg thinking i would lower my tolerance on that way, but a half year later still on 10 mg diazepam i still needed 20 mg flunitrazepam to feel it whereas in te past 1 mg got me wasted.

Etizolam is not that long acting right same as alprazolam, but i thought that alprazolam is about twice as potent as etizolam i never had etizolam myself though it sounds like a good benzo to help a taper.
20 mg alprazolam needed to feel where you want to feel that is not little, but if you only need such an amount of alprazolam to feel better and not being dependent from 20 mg xanax then after a day on such a dose going on with the 2 mg diazepam will still be enough in order not to feel unpleasant, but would you take the equivalent of 20 mg alprazolam three days in a row then day four can become unpleasant so beware and good luck in finishing your benzo taper.

Very well put CH. Though if you can get your hands On a bottle of Versed from the hospital you will b in a stupor from the gods!

Random question but this was the first benzo thing I saw. Question: is there any reason that lorazepam and clonazepam should be mixed together? I know drinking isn't recommended.

jesus christ8o that's just insane. i would hate to imagine just how bad a shape his veins are in injecting that shite:|

I have been using methadone & zanax in 25ml barels for 10 years with micron filtering & buterfly needles and never colapsed a vein the damage done to my viens was through injecting morphine and oxy pills in 1ml or 3mls before I got on methadone.

I have been using methadone & zanax in 25ml barels for 10 years with micron filtering & buterfly needles and never colapsed a vein the damage done to my viens was through injecting morphine and oxy pills in 1ml or 3mls before I got on methadone.

I'm glad to hear that your use of micron filters has saved your veins from further damage! :)

It sounds like methadone+alprazolam in an IV lasts you quite a long time, and you don't exactly have to fix up multiple times per day? If so, that's great. :D

If you ever want to quit IVing you of course can, but I'm at least glad you aren't injecting oxy/morphine anymore, as it's so moreish and you're so more likely to damage veins with the repeated injections.