Bluelight

Thread: percocet 10 325 mg vs meperidine 50 mg

1. Collapse Details
    percocet 10 325 mg vs meperidine 50 mg 
    i just got my wisdom teeth removed and i have percocet 10 325 and meperidine 50 mg. the dentist told me i can double up on the percocet but not the meperidine. i was wondering which was stronger to relieve the pain....

my mom told me to double up on the meperidine (generic for demerol) and then if that doesnt work then go back to the percocet doubling up. i have been using the double dose of percocet like my dentist said but then my mom said that the meperidine should work better so i took one of those pills but it only lasted for maybe 2 hours whereas i know i am allowed to double up on the percocet and that took care of the pain for almost 4. the dentist was very stern about NOT doubling up on the meperidine. but the dose i have is only 50 mg whereas there are doses higher than that of 100mg...

any suggestions?

2. Collapse Details

The Demerol works for the pain however orally it's not a great high. I'd take the demerol and save the the percs for fun, but that's just me.

If your tolerance is low I wouldn't "double up" on the demerol. Take one and if you're not feeling it up it by half. They scripted it too me for my gallbladder... I found it kind of snuck up on me.

3. Collapse Details

i believe i have a high tolerance because i have really bad migraines and often take high prescription pain meds. i took the 1 demerol but that did nothing and i was reading up on it and i was just wondering if i could double up on the demerol like i did w/ the percocet because the percocet did make me feel loopy and out of it. it eased the pain but my mom said that the demerol is stronger but that i need to just take 2 of them...

so if i take 2 of the 50 mg demerol i should be fine?

4. Collapse Details

If you have a high tolerance it should be no problem. Demerol is just kind of crappy orally. Much better when they shoot you up in the hospital. Recreationally I have taken 100mg of demerol and then a little more.. you should be fine.

Your dentist is probably covering his ass. I like your dentist, he gives out decent meds. lol