MD, Baltimore - 06.05.2010 - 12th Annual Starscape Festival @ Ft. Armistead Park

Wow... there was a lot more people here this year than last. Around midnight, you could barely walk thru the DnB stage or Beach stage, and those 2 are usually the less crowded ones. Unfortunately it seemed like there were a bunch of young teenagers there, not cool. I had a good time. I remember witnessing the guy that was ziptied being transported out on the flatbed of a golf cart that was tripping on some bad acid and pcp. :p

i got there early and left at 11:30 it got so crowded everywhere after 10

was anyone else surprised by the icket prices at the gate 75$ wtf?

just got word that:
- someone was stabbed at the peire, thats why there was the breif minute of 20 cops at the dnb tent nad light were off...
- someone was floating around in the water............<<<
- atleast 3 overdoses

i got there early and left at 11:30 it got so crowded everywhere after 10

was anyone else surprised by the icket prices at the gate 75$ wtf?

yeah thats some bullshit, i think the people working the ticket booth did that shit.. website clearly said $60...

last night was awesome! got to meet MyDoorsAreOpen and a bunch of other people. it sucks it sold out and a couple of bluelighters i wanted to meet weren't able to get in, but it was definitely my best starscape yet. only thing that i didn't like was that it actually sold out and it was SLAM PACKED in there until about 3am.

yeah thats some bullshit, i think the people working the ticket booth did that shit.. website clearly said $60...

after surcharges and will call fees, the tickets were 75 even if you ordered them off of the internet, thats why they were 75 at the gate. I know a couple of guys who bought fake wrist bands in the parking lot for 20 bucks and got in no problem.

just got word that:
- someone was stabbed at the peire, thats why there was the breif minute of 20 cops at the dnb tent nad light were off...
- someone was floating around in the water............<<<
- atleast 3 overdoses

is that why the damn police helicopter was flying over half the night?! shit was sketchin me out like we were about to get shut down or something.

MDMAmbien, that's bad news. Does anyone know how much press this got in the Baltimore area? I caught a strong vibe this year from the very start that the cops were near the end of their ropes with this fine annual Baltimore tradition.

Trainwreckmolly, pleasure to meet you. Sorry I wasn't able to meet more of you. I was a bit preoccupied because a good friend of mine was attending his first rave ever, and the group of people I've come to Starscape with the last 4 times were all helping him enjoy himself and feeding off his vibes as a novice.

I was the dude with one yellow and one orange squishy toy with the light-up balls inside of them around his neck. I've never had my neck pulled and squeezed more at a rave, so I'm sure I ran into a couple of you guys.

Sold out? Ya I believe it. The dnb stage was pretty crowded around midnight, but the sweat lodge a.k.a dance tent was unbearable at that point.

Very dnb oriented, overall. This genre massages my cortex in some really interesting ways when I'm on LSD, so I appreciated that.

Overall I'd say nothing was lacking. I had the best time of any Starscape, and actually can't remember the last rave I went to that I enjoyed this much.

There were definitely a few douchebag teenagers there, but overall I caught a pretty friendly vibe throughout the night. I didn't find the place awash in thugs and whitehats, and didn't miss them.

The parking was ridiculous.

People with fake wristbands who actually get in with them deserve the free show they get, I say. It's not really that hard for event organizers to find wristbands that are pretty hard to fake. You go cheap on that, a few freeloaders slipping in is just the price you pay. One year I went to a festival with some friends, and one of us had a free real wristband she'd won somewhere as part of a promotion. So we first went to CVS, bought a piece of light construction paper the exact color of the wristband, and some office supplies. We practiced showing it in a way that didn't give the security guys that great a look at it. Wouldn't pull this again, but looking back on it, they say the best things in life are free.

Met a lot of people from Virginia, and some of them said this scene is getting more popular in their area.

They were looking for the assholes swimming in the water.

must not of been Baltimore natives... if they would've seen the bay water here in Baltimore during the day id hope they wouldn't swim in that oil contained herion water.

It's never baltimore natives, i see more new people doing retarded shit at that party every year. This year was pretty bad crowd wise, I had a blast but some of those people should really stay home, i wonder if they even knew who was playing at the time they were laying face down on the ground in a walkway.

The other reason for the helicopter was to catch the naked guy in the woods who was "breakdancing" around the dnb tent somewhere between 10-11pm. Im sure theres videos of him because he had a nice crowd. by breakdancing i mean he was lauging and then falling directly onto the crowd while his friends shouted "Somebody tame him!" the cops finally had enough of him and went to grab him, he started swinging and then darted into the woods. The spotlight was to alert the grounds crew as to where in the woods he was located.

This year really scared me, I saw maybe 35% of the people in the place actually dancing, the rest were either standing there staring off into space, or they were on the ground. I know it was hot, but jeez, do something.

^ There was barely room to dance properly from about 8~2.

thats the truth it was very crowded this year.. but where are the photos?! i saw bunch of hunnies naked this year lot more then last year 8o
just hope they were of age.. some were definitely questionable.
Oh... and for next year and other events to come...
IF YOU ARE OVER 200LBS PLEASE DO NOT GET BODY PAINTED... NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THAT FLAP AROUND!

Last edited:
whoa, too many people, never could spot anyone... got burned on some blotter,... got spotlighted by the chopper "talking" to some fellas on the way in... enjoyed the dubstep area, 'specially DAT SICK... AK1200 was cool but those spotlights were a bit much... never heard disco biscuits, they were too late starting and I moved on... nice night, enjoyed watching my cherry marvel at his first event ever...

At one point, the helicopter decided to add its spotlight to an already impressive lightshow near the main stage. Funny stuff.

The amount and severity of the inebriation among some really really young looking people seemed really high this year. Or maybe there just weren't enough dark areas to conceal people's faces. I dunno. It was still fun. The rain held off, thankfully. The shuttle bus to whatever factory I parked behind was cool too.

It was a shame we didn't get in, but we ended up having an amazing time at our "Fuck Starscape" party. I really didn't care about the lineup so my main regret is that I didn't get to meet more new BL'ers.

Starscape is getting out of control. When you've been going as long as I have, the change over the years is really disheartening. So many really young kids and bisco kids.

Everything worked out though and we had a great time.

:D

I thought it was really crowded last year so I'm not surprised that it sold out. I wasn't keen on paying that much for a lineup that I wasn't excited about. Next year let's all go to DEMF instead! 3 days of better music for less money :)

Definitely made the most of not getting in to the party. Balloon derp FTW!

DERP!

I'm down for DEMF next year too. I wasn't super impressed by the lineup, and there were WAY too many drugs there. And I say this as an avid drug user, with all friends that are avid users (if rather infrequently these days, because we're becoming old fogies...=D). Too many kids were too fucked up... I never saw so many people getting hauled off by the medical teams. One girl couldn't even walk and four people had to carry her away from the dance tent... It's a shame that I feel like an old lady at goddamn 25 years old... :p :D It wouldn't be a bad idea to make the show 18 or 21+ at this point...

I had a god damned blast at the un-Starscape party. Thanks to everyone I got to meet and hang out with at the hotel.

I don't know where I'll be next year, but whether the party is in GB, MD or Detroit, I want to be where the party is.

DERP

lol I love reading the aftermath of this thread. I can relate to almost everything. Good times.