• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping on an Airplane

^^ Your right, this does sound like a horibble idea. Also who knows what the effects of jet lag and acid can do to you. Might be a real nasty come-down.

being cramped in a tiny seat for hours next to who know's what kind of person

that's also my point: no way to move around, not even a few centimeters, not a funny environnement (a plane is an ugly metal box) and also nothing else to do than watching through the window (if you get the window place), and when you're bored with watching through the window the only thing left to do is reading safety instructions...doesn't looks fun (not to mention the eventuality of a badtrip in such set & settings, probably no way to calm down up there...oh yess they have downers for anxious people, but I wouldn't like to ask the staff for downers while completely wasted and panicked by an illicit drug)

Now here's what can be fun: parachute on acid...I'll try parachute jumping by itself once for sure, and probably a second time doing acid.

I've done this, despite being able to foresee all the problems mentioned above. Three reasonably strong tabs. Vancouver to London (about 9 hours). I took them about thirty minutes before going through security.

Sounds horrible? Nothing of the sort. It was absolutely fantastic. Powered flight really is a miracle! That flight was a pivotal moment in my life, and I remember the whole thing with utmost clarity. I was still tripping slightly as I made my way from Gatwick airport, and the unfolding spring scenery was magnificent. Jet lag + acid = nothing surprising, just tiredness. And I wasn't even worried by the security checks. After all, I had nothing on me :)

I don't panic that easily, and any anxiety was quieted by simply closing my eyes, smiling, and breathing deeply. If you are able to deal with anxiety, and can just sit still, it's really quite spectacular. It's the closest you'll get to tripping in outer space... you can see the curvature of the earth, the vast seas, the tundra, the landscape shaped by the long slow actions of wind and water through deep time. The sheer scale of what you can see from your window will take your trip in directions not possible elsewhere. And landing... flying over the English countryside... those neat fields, marked with hedgerows, laced with roads crawling with tiny cars, connecting towns and cities spreading over the earth like bacterial colonies. A whole landscape crafted by centuries of human effort, the product of my ancestors and kinsfolk, to be cared for and bequeathed to the next generation. There was so much more, but I've written more than enough already.

This was 1997, well before 9/11. I don't know how the flying experience has changed since then.

Motion Sickness, inner ear pressure problems, and not being able to leave. Not good for LSD.

Something short like Ketamine might be really cool, but you'd have to be all sneaky and stuff.

I was just reading "Mescalito" by the late :)() HST yesterday. He eats some mescaline and speed and has a flight to catch.

It doesn't sound like fun to me. Unless it's maybe a short, short flight. But anything more than a couple of hours and I would probably get a little anxious, to say the least.

Become a pilot and you will have plenty of space and by far the best view for your trip ;)

Ximot said:
Become a pilot and you will have plenty of space and by far the best view for your trip ;)

Wow..and crash the fucking plane while you're at it.

I have thought about tripping on a plane before too.
I thought it would be a good way to pass the time. But you might want to take a lower dose of acid if you're gonna do that. Maybe something less mind altering and more visual would be good for a plane flight, like miprocin or 2C-E.

Hmm, i was under the impression that both miprocin and 2c-e are quite powerful trips, not something anyone would want to take on a plane.
2c-c on the other hand...

My post is far too late, but...

What a RISKY/stupid/bad idea! Wow, what a bad idea!

The third post (descend's) about puts it right.

This really does sound like a terrible idea. Who wants the waste their acid tripping while 1) being body searched by federal agents 2) being told like a sheep when to board 3) sitting in a cramped seat next to some wierd people you don't know 4) having your ears pop in an out and possibly 5) any sort of unexpected event like your flight being two hours late, your flight not being allowed to land where intended due to weather, missing a connection, being hijacked, or crashing.

Save your acid for another day.

Umm; i DID just that in 1985!
I took a vacation to the Philippines stayed there for a month!

While after take off from SF Calif SFO i waited to dose one hit of decent LSD; after the 474 landed in Honolulu, for a 2 hour stop over!

Well as the jet took off, i decided to drop, know'n there would be a 10+ hour flight ahead of me. I had Two movies and plenty of trip music to keep me happy which I brought along for this long flight to the Philippines!

Every thing was fine and dandy; know'n no one really knows I'm on it any how, concidering my past 20 year of using it! You learn!

Hey i loved it looking out the window and all; movies where hilarious as heck too, almost lost it laughing!

Now one aspect to this flight was wich i did not expect at all! to my surprise as the pilot got on the intercom (my heart skipped a beat) and said> we are going to see a rear event; if you look out your window (lucky me it was on my side) you will see the sun rise and sun set at the same time, for the next hour! WOW,,,,
I was peeking at about the time! What a wonderful sight this was to experience, it was pure & pleasurable eyecandy.

i wouldn't advice taking LSD at 30,000 feet if you truly don't know your limits, i do! yeah yeah, there are always the what if's right.
Namaste

Last edited:
Looper said:
I came back from Amsterdam a couple of months ago still high as a kite on Mushrooms... what a laugh...
I kept waking up and talking to myself and laughing at random intervals... the stewardesses were lovey though, smiling and asking if I was OK and giving me orange juice... good ould Aer Lingus....
------------------
"You better take care of me Lord because if you don't you're going to have ME on your hands!"
Hunter S. Thompson

LOL, I was halfway through writing a reply and found this.

Psychedelics_r_best said:
Wow..and crash the fucking plane while you're at it.

I have thought about tripping on a plane before too.
I thought it would be a good way to pass the time. But you might want to take a lower dose of acid if you're gonna do that. Maybe something less mind altering and more visual would be good for a plane flight, like miprocin or 2C-E.

I find it odd that you refer to 2C-E as "less mind altering".

WHAT!?!?!

It sounds like you haven't done a good dose (~20mg) before.

EDIT:

Also, what's miprocin? Never heard of it.

eric987235 said:
I find it odd that you refer to 2C-E as "less mind altering".

WHAT!?!?!

It sounds like you haven't done a good dose (~20mg) before.

EDIT:

Also, what's miprocin? Never heard of it.

It is 4-HO-MIPT!

well i can say i had the best flight of my life truly...its almost hard to beleive... we were up all night on coke i did my last line just before security...and who do i get it sit right next to? this hot chick... we get to talkin' blanket comes out covering both of us while we played with each other... the best part as the attentent knew cause she walked by and gave me a wink!!!

I could not handle acid on a plane. I always need to be able to walk away from bad situations wall tripping or else my brain turns into a gameboy with the reset button held down.

cidrop said:
did anyone ever think of what if the plane gets hijacked while your tripping complete balls?

Very likely scenario. 8)